Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2016, 04:05 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,862,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
I envy those Canadians who lived here all their lives believing this is normal.
Its not a matter of believing its 'normal' - its a matter of being here for decades and understanding that a 10 cm snowstorm in April is not the norm. Its an outlier. You've been here 7 years, that is not a lot of time.. That said, cold weather in Toronto in March/April than what you would like is a fact of life. Do you really think I wouldn't prefer 15 or 20 deg c in March and April - of course but I've come to accept that where i'm from ie home it isn't going to be what I want regardless of how much I stomp my feet and complain about it. I'm not under any illusion that a snowstorm in April is pleasant. I'm fighting the flu right now would love to kick winter to the curb every bit as much as you do. Difference is, I accept that this is our reality - you I dunno lol..

I told you before - take a strategic vacation.. You went away at Christmas during/right after we had a mild Nov/Dec.. If you went away in Feb or March you'd be a heckuva lot more chillax than you are now. I know your patterns of protests and its cuz you're frustrated like a baby with gas who needs a burp

Two months from now you'll be right as rain lol..

Last edited by fusion2; 04-07-2016 at 04:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
An average max of 19 means that your cooler days might be around 14 and your warm days will be around 22.

Plus your average sunshine hours are only around 1400. Just over half the sunshine hours in the summer that you'd get in Toronto.

Doesn't sound like much of a reward after a winter where it's 5 and grey and rainy.
Yeah in my Flu like stupor I accounted avg as max which is not the case.. In any event a handful of 22 deg c days in the summer is not ideal and after a dull, grey, cold, rainy winter isn't much of a reward indeed.. I could live in Edinburgh though, simply because it is a fantastic city and I love my people. I was just trying to make a point to Deneb that there are many places that are not ideal weather wise and Edinburgh is not really one of them. Walking the streets of Denpasar for more than an hour any time of the year is not exactly pleasant to me either - akin to being in a wet sauna.. You're looking to find a pool, beach or air conditioned mall sooner rather than later to get relief.

Old 04-07-2016, 05:04 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,692,113 times
I'd find Denpasar a very nice climate... could walk around all day outside enjoying the sultry tropical air and enjoying the sites... and no freezing temperatures ever

Old 04-07-2016, 05:18 PM

3,026 posts, read 3,644,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM10 View Post
I thought the Okanagan region had the driest summers? Osyoos is known as the desert of Canada.
The Okanagan is dry in the summer, but not as dry as Victoria.

BTW: There is desert in Canada, but Osoyoos is not a desert: https://questioningthedata.wordpress...y-true-desert/

Old 04-07-2016, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
I'd find Denpasar a very nice climate... could walk around all day outside enjoying the sultry tropical air and enjoying the sites... and no freezing temperatures ever
I know plenty enough people even in Indonesia and places like Thailand (lots prefer cooler Chiang Mai to Bangkok hot/humid concrete jungle) and they wouldn't necessarily categorize enjoying the 'sultry' tropical air... Enjoying the sites is one thing (Denpasar btw is not the most impressive place to enjoy the sites of Bali) but I wouldn't say walking in an oven through concrete streets particularly idyllic.. For that I would recommend going a bit north to Ubud and further north through the rice plains and into the mountainous regions of Bali. Our guide was happy we were going to the mountains for some welcome cooler relief.. My favourite place in Bali was Puru Ulun Danu Baratan.. The most impressive Hindu temple in the most idyllic lake within the mountains.. Much nicer weather than Denpasar as well as less drunk Australians in fake a** Kuta/Denpasar.

Don't bother with Luwak Kopi (coffee) - totally overrated and barely distinguishable from regular Balinese Kopi. You pay 5 times more just for a Civet to crap out the coffee beans - boo!

All that said, Yogyakarta is a far more magical place than anywhere in Bali (except maybe Trunyan - which is morbid but utterly fascinating).. I heartily recommend going to Borobudur and to the active volcano Mt Merapi.. Be sure to visit the museum (you can only get there by jeep through some pretty rugged terrain) and see the cow/rooster skeletons that were the only remaining parts of these animals after the hot ash seared the flesh from their bones after the eruption of 2010.

Last edited by fusion2; 04-07-2016 at 05:43 PM..

Old 04-07-2016, 06:55 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,692,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I know plenty enough people even in Indonesia and places like Thailand (lots prefer cooler Chiang Mai to Bangkok hot/humid concrete jungle) and they wouldn't necessarily categorize enjoying the 'sultry' tropical air... Enjoying the sites is one thing (Denpasar btw is not the most impressive place to enjoy the sites of Bali) but I wouldn't say walking in an oven through concrete streets particularly idyllic.. For that I would recommend going a bit north to Ubud and further north through the rice plains and into the mountainous regions of Bali. Our guide was happy we were going to the mountains for some welcome cooler relief.. My favourite place in Bali was Puru Ulun Danu Baratan.. The most impressive Hindu temple in the most idyllic lake within the mountains.. Much nicer weather than Denpasar as well as less drunk Australians in fake a** Kuta/Denpasar.

Don't bother with Luwak Kopi (coffee) - totally overrated and barely distinguishable from regular Balinese Kopi. You pay 5 times more just for a Civet to crap out the coffee beans - boo!

All that said, Yogyakarta is a far more magical place than anywhere in Bali (except maybe Trunyan - which is morbid but utterly fascinating).. I heartily recommend going to Borobudur and to the active volcano Mt Merapi.. Be sure to visit the museum (you can only get there by jeep through some pretty rugged terrain) and see the cow/rooster skeletons that were the only remaining parts of these animals after the hot ash seared the flesh from their bones after the eruption of 2010.
Sounds amazing... will definitely have to put Indonesia high on my bucket list!

Old 04-07-2016, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
Sounds amazing... will definitely have to put Indonesia high on my bucket list!
Yes I would recommend it highly

Old 04-08-2016, 10:17 AM

753 posts, read 837,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
I am totally fine with July-Aug being consistently under 25 at the highest as long as it doesn't drop to under -10C ever and by mid March there is no more below freezing temperature or snow.
Sounds like you should move to Vancouver

Old 04-08-2016, 12:05 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times
It's warmer today in Vancouver than it is in San Diego.

Old 04-08-2016, 12:43 PM

14,299 posts, read 11,677,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
It's warmer today in Vancouver than it is in San Diego.
We're having a slightly unusual late storm system in SoCal. It's about 17 C in Vancouver and 16 C in San Diego. Big deal.

Sure, you can always find a random day in which San Diego is slightly cooler than Vancouver, but you'll never find a day in which it's 22 in Vancouver and 3 in San Diego. You will, however, find many, many days that are the opposite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada