Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2015, 12:45 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,552,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
when he had to, not chose to.

I know you guys are internet buddies, but honestly, you don't have to agree with/support each other on EVERYTHING. When you always agree, at least one of your opinion becomes completely irrelevant.
Actually BruSan and I don't agree on everything. Politically were are different and there were some other things as well.

Doesn't mean when we agree, we can't comment on that.

Don't feel persecuted Botti.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2015, 12:52 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,033,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Not sure where you are getting your forecasts from, but it certainly wasn't an afternoon high of 10C here in Vancouver yesterday. Also today looks pretty good and some nice days coming.

These are coastal temps, go a little inland and it's warmer.

You also know that even though we do and could get highs of 10C at this time of year, we also get highs of 13C or higher in January. Such is our climate.

I don't know where he was getting that information from either but it's certainly wrong. It was warm in Vancouver yesterday and warmer a few miles inland. 30 miles inland here in Maple Ridge it was 17 degrees, and 19 out in Abbotsford. Today is supposedly going to be around 20 degrees here at my place by 2 o'clock. That is a little bit cooler than usual for this time of year but there is no way anyone can say that is cold. The forecast is for warm temperatures in the high teens and low twenties for the next 10 days.

I'll know it's cold outside and time to prepare for winter temps when I have to close my windows at home. My windows have remained open since the beginning of April. They have only needed to be closed once since then and that was the day we had that drought-breaking Pacific typhoon at the end of August and it was so wet and gale force windy.

Old 09-28-2015, 01:01 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,301,330 times
Quote:
Not sure where you are getting your forecasts from, but it certainly wasn't an afternoon high of 10C here in Vancouver yesterday. Also today looks pretty good and some nice days coming.

You also know that even though we do and could get highs of 10C at this time of year, we also get highs of 13C or higher in January. Such is our climate.

I get my forecast exactly for where you get yours, my friend...I did check Google when I did look at the thread last evening and Van temperature was 11.....and it is only September....but I understand that for you it is ok....you probably think that 26 C is already hot.....

Quote:
the Canadians here are not denying Canada has cold winters. What we are denying is that people here a dying to get out of the country because of it.
Yes there are many Canadians that want to escape the country winters (especially seniors), denying it is frankly silly.....but feel free to argue....

Vancouver right now (noon) is 14......ohh so warm....

Last edited by saturno_v; 09-28-2015 at 01:10 PM..

Old 09-28-2015, 01:16 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,552,312 times
[quote=saturno_v;41365024]
Quote:

I get my forecast exactly for where you get yours, my friend...I did check Google when I did look at the thread last evening and Van temperature was 11.....and it is only September....but I understand that for you it is ok....you probably think that 26 C is already hot.....

Yes there are many Canadians that want to escape the country winters (especially seniors), denying it is frankly silly.....but feel free to argue....

Vancouver right now (noon) is 14......
It's actually the END of September, and getting fall like.

No one is claiming that 14C is warm. What my post did, was show that your post complaining about 10C AS THE AFTERNOON high yesterday turned out to be untrue.

Just leaving your post unchallenged would give people who don't know this area, that 10C is the most we can hope for in this part of the world, for the end of September.

Clearly, it's not.

Get over it.

Old 09-28-2015, 01:18 PM

By the way...about the recent refugee crisis in Europe....

"Finland is no good...it's too cold" and are trying to settle somewhere else.....and these are desperate people....

Yahoo news: 'Finland's no good': Disappointed migrants turn back"

'Finland's no good': Disappointed migrants turn back

Old 09-28-2015, 01:27 PM

[quote=Natnasci;41365219]
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post

It's actually the END of September, and getting fall like.

No one is claiming that 14C is warm. What my post did, was show that your post complaining about 10C AS THE AFTERNOON high yesterday turned out to be untrue.

Just leaving your post unchallenged would give people who don't know this area, that 10C is the most we can hope for in this part of the world, for the end of September.

Clearly, it's not.

Get over it.

Nice try to twist my words...all I said that when I did check the temp around 7 PM it was shown 10 C not that it was all they could get.....and this year summer has been particularly good.

There was nothing to "challenge"....

by the way...end of September is getting you 29 C in Austin at this moment, 27 in San Diego....

Old 09-28-2015, 01:29 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,479,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
By the way...about the recent refugee crisis in Europe....

"Finland is no good...it's too cold" and are trying to settle somewhere else.....and these are desperate people....

Yahoo news: 'Finland's no good': Disappointed migrants turn back"

'Finland's no good': Disappointed migrants turn back
Did you catch this part............saying they don't want to stay in the sparsely-populated country on Europe's northern frontier because it's too cold and boring.

Boring...........they are used to conflict, violence, and drama so of course the're bored

What do bored kids do in the inner city when they get bored and pissed off They go out and start **** to kill time so they aren't bored.

So obviously they are not being tortured/raped/beaten if they want to leave a cold and boring place to return to someplace they know from experience is better

Later they say we want to go to Sweden because there is a larger immigrant community not Finland..........sounding like spoiled brats

The EU needs to wake up they are being played big time.

Old 09-28-2015, 01:30 PM

7,733 posts, read 6,460,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Well said.. Its only a few days until October and today I was out with a friend for dinner and had beer on a patio.. We then burned off the calories going for a nice long walk through High Park at 830 pm I was over dressed with a sweater on and actually sweating.
Texas autumn takes a while to be nice and cool. Interestingly enough, this morning it was cooler than in New York City, but in the afternoon it is hotter. I really can't wait for it to be cool in the day and cold at night, how it usually is here in November. That's the most pleasant time of year for me. How can anyone hate fall of all seasons? A fall in southern Ontario specifically, sounds like heaven to me!

Old 09-28-2015, 01:34 PM

26,882 posts, read 38,026,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerFilms View Post
Texas autumn takes a while to be nice and cool. Interestingly enough, this morning it was cooler than in New York City, but in the afternoon it is hotter. I really can't wait for it to be cool in the day and cold at night, how it usually is here in November. That's the most pleasant time of year for me. How can anyone hate fall of all seasons? A fall in southern Ontario specifically, sounds like heaven to me!
Early to mid fall, sure. Late fall is not so nice in most of Canada.

Old 09-28-2015, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckeeee View Post
Did you catch this part............saying they don't want to stay in the sparsely-populated country on Europe's northern frontier because it's too cold and boring.

Boring...........they are used to conflict, violence, and drama so of course the're bored

What do bored kids do in the inner city when they get bored and pissed off They go out and start **** to kill time so they aren't bored.

So obviously they are not being tortured/raped/beaten if they want to leave a cold and boring place to return to someplace they know from experience is better

Later they say we want to go to Sweden because there is a larger immigrant community not Finland..........sounding like spoiled brats

The EU needs to wake up they are being played big time.

So what is your point?? The fact is cold does not matter?? You guys really crack me up.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada