U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I am voting for this person!
Stephen Harper, Conservative Party 15 31.25%
Tom Mulcair, NDP 10 20.83%
Elizabeth May, Green Party 3 6.25%
Gilles Duceppe, Bloc Quebecois 6 12.50%
Justin Trudeau, Liberal Party 14 29.17%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 03:08 PM

12,706 posts, read 8,786,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
No one. I've been disenfranchised.
You might get them back if Harper's track record of losing his badly thought out policies gets to the Supreme Court.

However, yes for this election who have been denied a right that Canadian citizens should have.

Long-Term Canadian Expats Turn To Supreme Court For Voting Rights
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2015, 11:05 PM

873 posts, read 817,309 times
Why isn't there a "not sure yet" option? I'm waiting to see who has the best chance of defeating Harper and voting them in.

Old 09-25-2015, 11:43 PM

579 posts, read 469,810 times
I used my "distance ballot" on a Bloquist... Conservatives have no chance whatsoever where I last lived in Canada.

Old 09-26-2015, 02:48 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,036,781 times
Why do people make public the results of polls like this? Like the real deal, this should be anonymous.

Old 09-26-2015, 03:06 AM

4,699 posts, read 8,505,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maclock View Post
Why do people make public the results of polls like this? Like the real deal, this should be anonymous.
I honestly wouldn't have voted if I'd realized this wasn't anonymous. I assumed it was.

Old 09-26-2015, 05:24 AM

34,457 posts, read 41,569,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I try to always avoid voting in polls that are not anonymous, especially when they are polls about people's political choices. So I didn't vote in your poll because it isn't anonymous.

Besides that, I'm still making up my mind which party I'll vote for and probably won't decide until election day.

Good point Zoi, not sure why the op made the poll results public,however i've always been a Liberal in federal elections and dont really care if people know it.

Old 09-26-2015, 06:37 AM

10,847 posts, read 11,289,596 times
Quote:
not sure why it is a big deal. You won't be persecuted for voting for anyone.
I will vote for conservative and I am not afraid of letting anyone know.

Old 09-26-2015, 07:22 AM

5,694 posts, read 6,549,724 times
Well, there are reasons for making a poll public. In the past some posters have complained because the poll results were private and there was a feeling that perhaps people who weren't Canadian had voted and that the results were skewed. Of course the the terms 'internet poll' and 'skewed' - aren't they synonyms anyway? I never vote in polls for that reason.

Old 09-26-2015, 12:18 PM

12,706 posts, read 8,786,090 times
Anonymous means you don't know who I really am. You don't know who I really am, do you?

Old 09-26-2015, 12:40 PM

430 posts, read 677,725 times
Quote:
Like the real deal, this should be anonymous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
not sure why the op made the poll results public,however i've always been a Liberal in federal elections and dont really care if people know it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
not sure why it is a big deal. I will vote for conservative and I am not afraid of letting anyone know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
Well, there are reasons for making a poll public. In the past some posters have complained because the poll results were private
Sorry if it offends anyone! The purpose of the poll here isn't really to have a scientifically valid one like the real deal because there just aren't going to be enough voters to make the confidence intervals low enough. For much more realistic polling of tens of thousands of people like that, you can check out the CBC Poll Tracker. It's very well done.

I just thought it'd be fun to see which candidate people on City-Data support (so far, Harper by a hair) and also to identify regular posters with their political leanings if they want them to be known. I am not eligible to vote, but am a citizen, and don't care who knows that I would have gone Conservative Party in this one. I've got plenty of reasons (starting with the TFSA and surprisingly lower taxes than the U.S. that may have me moving from NYC to Canada if Harper wins again) to give if anyone should ask, so yeah, I don't care who knows it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
I honestly wouldn't have voted if I'd realized this wasn't anonymous.
But I sincerely apologize to anyone who voted without knowledge that the poll was not anonymous!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or