U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-22-2015, 01:12 AM
 
1,691 posts, read 1,657,518 times
Reputation: 1168

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I ate Chicken Souvlaki tonight and watched a Danish documentary on the Indonesian killings of the communist community back in 65-66 when Suharto overthrew Sukarno..


Most Canadians ate pizza and watched The Big Bang Theory. Canadians, on average, tend to be more worldly than Americans from my experience. That might be the multi cultural vs. Melting pot dogma though, and maybe because of the lingering British and French connection.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-22-2015, 08:51 AM
 
Location: Hougary, Texberta
8,598 posts, read 11,085,198 times
Reputation: 10308
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
HeyyadidyouknowNEWYORKisGREAT!!! Here'ssomemorestuffthateveryoneshouldknowabouttheg reatestcityonearthNEWYORKNEWYORK. So nice they named it twice!!!!

New York City's Chinatown is the largest Chinese enclave in the Western Hemisphere.

It takes 75,000 trees to print a Sunday edition of the New York Times.

The Outerbridge Crossing, connecting Staten Island and New Jersey, is actually named in honor of Eugenius Harvey Outerbridge, the first chairman of the New York Port Authority.

Hellmann’s Mayonnaise, the world's most famous sandwich spread, was first introduced by Hellmann’s Delicatessen in Long Island City, Queens in the early 1900's.

The Brooklyn Children’s Museum was the world’s first museum exclusively for kids.

Washington Square Park in Greenwich Village was originally used as a graveyard for yellow fever victims and later as a site for public executions.

Calvary Cemetery, established in the borough of Queens in 1848, is the burial site of nearly 3 million people, more than any other cemetery in the United States.

At 772 miles long, the New York City subway system is 81 miles longer than the state’s 641 mile thruway system.

Annual location shoots on the streets of New York number 40,000 — including commercials, feature films, television shows and series, music videos and documentaries.


All of those things are things that Vancouver or BC DON'T EVEN HAVE!! CANYOUBELIEVEIT!!

Last edited by mikeyyc; 10-22-2015 at 10:01 AM.. Reason: legibility
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2015, 08:57 AM
 
Location: Out in the Badlands
10,425 posts, read 8,787,935 times
Reputation: 7734
You think it's bad now...wait till Monsieur Trudeau gets done with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2015, 11:48 AM
 
Location: Vancouver
12,691 posts, read 8,762,959 times
Reputation: 7313
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
HeyyadidyouknowNEWYORKisGREAT!!! Here'ssomemorestuffthateveryoneshouldknowabouttheg reatestcityonearthNEWYORKNEWYORK. So nice they named it twice!!!!

New York City's Chinatown is the largest Chinese enclave in the Western Hemisphere.

It takes 75,000 trees to print a Sunday edition of the New York Times.

The Outerbridge Crossing, connecting Staten Island and New Jersey, is actually named in honor of Eugenius Harvey Outerbridge, the first chairman of the New York Port Authority.

Hellmann’s Mayonnaise, the world's most famous sandwich spread, was first introduced by Hellmann’s Delicatessen in Long Island City, Queens in the early 1900's.

The Brooklyn Children’s Museum was the world’s first museum exclusively for kids.

Washington Square Park in Greenwich Village was originally used as a graveyard for yellow fever victims and later as a site for public executions.

Calvary Cemetery, established in the borough of Queens in 1848, is the burial site of nearly 3 million people, more than any other cemetery in the United States.

At 772 miles long, the New York City subway system is 81 miles longer than the state’s 641 mile thruway system.

Annual location shoots on the streets of New York number 40,000 — including commercials, feature films, television shows and series, music videos and documentaries.


All of those things are things that Vancouver or BC DON'T EVEN HAVE!! CANYOUBELIEVEIT!!
Comparing Vancouver with NYC with this type of criteria is insane. Vancouverites, don't compare ourselves with NYC. Never have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2015, 11:55 AM
 
Location: Gatineau, Québec
21,948 posts, read 27,365,858 times
Reputation: 8606
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Comparing Vancouver with NYC with this type of criteria is insane. Vancouverites, don't compare ourselves with NYC. Never have.
Yeah, I mean woop-dee-doo.

Singaporeans suck at ice hockey too. What a bunch of losers. I suppose...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2015, 11:56 AM
 
Location: Hougary, Texberta
8,598 posts, read 11,085,198 times
Reputation: 10308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Comparing Vancouver with NYC with this type of criteria is insane. Vancouverites, don't compare ourselves with NYC. Never have.
I was channelling ZachF. Every comment seems to revolve around the economic greatness of NYC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2015, 07:27 AM
 
Location: Toronto
12,581 posts, read 11,146,540 times
Reputation: 3738
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
Most Canadians ate pizza and watched The Big Bang Theory. Canadians, on average, tend to be more worldly than Americans from my experience. That might be the multi cultural vs. Melting pot dogma though, and maybe because of the lingering British and French connection.
Actually most people I know eat as varied a cuisine as I do. I eat pizza - sure I do damned right but I eat all kinds of different foods.. Is Pizza American anyway - I thought the modern pizza was Italian?? Oh wait wait - Apple Pie is American right - oh wait wait nope its origins are in the UK.. Well, I guess you can share the burger with Germany lol..

Anyway, Canada is a pretty diverse and big place dude with people who have diverse tastes.

Last edited by fusion2; 10-24-2015 at 08:06 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2015, 07:28 AM
 
Location: Toronto
12,581 posts, read 11,146,540 times
Reputation: 3738
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
HeyyadidyouknowNEWYORKisGREAT!!! Here'ssomemorestuffthateveryoneshouldknowabouttheg reatestcityonearthNEWYORKNEWYORK. So nice they named it twice!!!!

New York City's Chinatown is the largest Chinese enclave in the Western Hemisphere.

It takes 75,000 trees to print a Sunday edition of the New York Times.

The Outerbridge Crossing, connecting Staten Island and New Jersey, is actually named in honor of Eugenius Harvey Outerbridge, the first chairman of the New York Port Authority.

Hellmann’s Mayonnaise, the world's most famous sandwich spread, was first introduced by Hellmann’s Delicatessen in Long Island City, Queens in the early 1900's.

The Brooklyn Children’s Museum was the world’s first museum exclusively for kids.

Washington Square Park in Greenwich Village was originally used as a graveyard for yellow fever victims and later as a site for public executions.

Calvary Cemetery, established in the borough of Queens in 1848, is the burial site of nearly 3 million people, more than any other cemetery in the United States.

At 772 miles long, the New York City subway system is 81 miles longer than the state’s 641 mile thruway system.

Annual location shoots on the streets of New York number 40,000 — including commercials, feature films, television shows and series, music videos and documentaries.


All of those things are things that Vancouver or BC DON'T EVEN HAVE!! CANYOUBELIEVEIT!!
Lol cute
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2015, 08:04 AM
 
18,286 posts, read 10,383,572 times
Reputation: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
HeyyadidyouknowNEWYORKisGREAT!!! Here'ssomemorestuffthateveryoneshouldknowabouttheg reatestcityonearthNEWYORKNEWYORK. So nice they named it twice!!!!

New York City's Chinatown is the largest Chinese enclave in the Western Hemisphere.

It takes 75,000 trees to print a Sunday edition of the New York Times.

The Outerbridge Crossing, connecting Staten Island and New Jersey, is actually named in honor of Eugenius Harvey Outerbridge, the first chairman of the New York Port Authority.

Hellmann’s Mayonnaise, the world's most famous sandwich spread, was first introduced by Hellmann’s Delicatessen in Long Island City, Queens in the early 1900's.

The Brooklyn Children’s Museum was the world’s first museum exclusively for kids.

Washington Square Park in Greenwich Village was originally used as a graveyard for yellow fever victims and later as a site for public executions.

Calvary Cemetery, established in the borough of Queens in 1848, is the burial site of nearly 3 million people, more than any other cemetery in the United States.

At 772 miles long, the New York City subway system is 81 miles longer than the state’s 641 mile thruway system.

Annual location shoots on the streets of New York number 40,000 — including commercials, feature films, television shows and series, music videos and documentaries.


All of those things are things that Vancouver or BC DON'T EVEN HAVE!! CANYOUBELIEVEIT!!
I love it ...you've left him nowhere to go now but back under his bridge to consult Google again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2015, 08:40 AM
 
Location: NH/UT/WA
283 posts, read 184,865 times
Reputation: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
I was channelling ZachF. Every comment seems to revolve around the economic greatness of NYC.
Lol, that post was probably the only time I've ever mentioned NYC on this forum, and I only mentioned it because people *were* trying to compare Vancouver economically *in this thread* to NYC, where the two are at best an apples-to-oranges comparison.,

Some of you guys have *serious* little man syndrome when it comes to comparing anything about the USA and Canada... I love Canada, I can't wait for the CAD to drop even further... more trips up north for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top