U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2015, 08:45 AM

12,697 posts, read 8,771,886 times

Advertisements

Andrew wines should be Andre's wines.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Oh, I think you read it as Quebecers drink more red wine because they're "French" (sic)... which might be true to a point (contemporary* influence from France), but what I meant more was that drinking red wine helps decompose and neutralize fats...

*I say "contemporary" because up until the 1970s, Quebec was a beer and hard liquor kind of place.
Molson Dry if I remember correctly was the beer of choice in Quebec back in the day. At least the people I knew.

Yes red wine is suppose to help keep you thin. I'm a red wine drinker. BC makes some really great Pinot Noir.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:54 AM

5,765 posts, read 4,182,912 times
Canadian women take care of themselves on the whole. They are fat conscious and in large cities tend to do a lot of walking which helps with their weight.

As for beauty, the night clubbers are usually nice looking women who want to go out and be seen. They can be quite vain and conceited, so don't let looks and first impressions fool you. They can be great looking on the outside and UGLY on the inside.

There are ugly ones too as far as appearance, but they don't tend to frequent the hot spots as often.

Women don't (usually) go shopping in jogging pants and messy shirts. They put on a bit of makeup and dress nicely. They just do and it is nice. I can usually pick out the lower income/welfare people-they don't dress as nicely and often their kids are in dirty clothes.

Old 10-05-2015, 08:59 AM

21,960 posts, read 27,383,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Molson Dry if I remember correctly was the beer of choice in Quebec back in the day. At least the people I knew.

Yes I remember those Molson Dry days too!

These days it's still there but it's not the "in" beer. I am not sure there is an "in" beer anymore as the market has become very fragmented with an explosion of microbrews and also a rise in the popularity of imports.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:39 AM

10,847 posts, read 11,278,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karassmatic View Post

Other than the fat thing you described pretty much every pretty popular young girl in north america. And a lot of them are going to be wildly successful. They would just have to dress 'properly' for their job and do whatever they feel at night.
It is their right to be dressed however they prefer, and it is my right to consider them trashy and vulgar. You don't need to wear a perfect evening gown every day, but at least show some respect. How would you think if a guy shows half of its hairy butt and hairy stomach to you every day? That's just gross and low taste in any culture.

Revealing part of you waist is fine, just make sure it is not the wavy fat you are revealing. And showing 80% of the legs (often thicker than mine) with high heels isn't sexy at all. It is desperation for attention.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Yes I remember those Molson Dry days too!

These days it's still there but it's not the "in" beer. I am not sure there is an "in" beer anymore as the market has become very fragmented with an explosion of microbrews and also a rise in the popularity of imports.
...then there is beer snobbery. My generations beer snobbery means never drinking US beer, even beers like Budweiser etc that is actually brewed in Canada. LOL

Besides, there are way too many good beers out there now to drink mediocre beers.

Old 10-05-2015, 09:45 AM

5,666 posts, read 4,889,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
I'm skinny because of genes and I work very hard.
Is working very hard to get into them??? LOL

Old 10-05-2015, 09:52 AM

10,847 posts, read 11,278,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
...then there is beer snobbery. My generations beer snobbery means never drinking US beer, even beers like Budweiser etc that is actually brewed in Canada. LOL

Besides, there are way too many good beers out there now to drink mediocre beers.
hum, why beer and only beer? it would give more pride if they don't consume anything American - guess that's not possible.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
hum, why beer and only beer? it would give more pride if they don't consume anything American - guess that's not possible.
Time for your little bit of Canadian history lesson.

Canadian beer drinkers in the past, had as part of their mantra, that American beer was P*** and weaker in alcohol content.
Now, whether the alcohol content part was true or not, their beer tended to be fizzier and much lighter tasting than Canadian beer.
This was way before micro-breweried became popular, so we are comparing major breweries to major breweries.
This idea that Canada beer was better was widespread, and for me at the time, our major breweries did brew a tastier brew.

Today....with the explosion of craft breweries in both countries, you can find great beers in both.

Beer like anything consumed, can't really be scientifically decided which is better. For instance in Canada our IPA's tend to be much less hoppy than US IPA's. I don't like the US style IPA, but others do.

Why beer and not all products? Beer is ingrained in Canadian culture, it has more emotional impact than another product from the US.
As for your slag on Canadians not being able to not buy American, really? Americans can not avoid buying something made in China ( Canadians as well ). It's called trade and has nothing to do with some country being weaker or less because they buy another countries products. Those products are not charity.

Old 10-05-2015, 10:21 AM

9,552 posts, read 9,429,171 times
Are Canadian women as addicted to plastic surgery as American women seem to be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or