U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2016, 01:14 PM

18,299 posts, read 10,390,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Kamloops, 100 Mile House, Peace River, Medicine Hat, Regina, Saskatoon, Flin Flon, Brandon, Thunder Bay, Kapuskasing, Baie Comeau, Shawinigan (the latter two birthing modern Canadian PM's), Frederickton, St. John's, Halifax, Syndney, Charlottetown (OK I'll admit I'm stumped without going to Google on a second PEI city), Gander, Goose Bay, Whitehorse, Dawson, Whiteknife, Yellowhorse (maybe mixed up the names a bit), Hay River, Iqaluit, and Kugluktuk f/k/a (before Trudeau) Coppermine.

So two per province, without Googling, with those qualifications.
You just upped the table stakes of this little poker game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2016, 01:16 PM

8,602 posts, read 11,090,954 times
A golf clap and rep for you good sir.

Old 01-15-2016, 01:21 PM

21,954 posts, read 27,377,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
A golf clap and rep for you good sir.
C'est quoi un "golf clap"?

Old 01-15-2016, 02:04 PM

12,729 posts, read 14,097,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
C'est quoi un "golf clap"?
I thought it was a social disease you got at exclusive country clubs, but it seems I was wrong.

Urban Dictionary: golf clap

Old 01-15-2016, 02:08 PM

15,953 posts, read 6,280,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Yup, just a tiny mix up and it's an easy mistake for anyone to make.

There is no Whiteknife or Yellowhorse in Canada, but there is the capital city Whitehorse in Yukon and capital city Yellowknife in Northwest Territitories.

It was deliberate. I have known since my days of reading Jack London novels, in the late 1960's, what the capitals of Yukon and Northwest Territories are.

Old 01-15-2016, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
I thought it was a social disease you got at exclusive country clubs, but it seems I was wrong.

Urban Dictionary: golf clap
Naaah! You were partially correct. You just need a domicile in 'The Villages' near Orlando: The Villages Retirement Community Exposed After Couple Allegedly Had Sex In Public

Old 01-15-2016, 02:34 PM

12,729 posts, read 14,097,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Naaah! You were partially correct. You just need a domicile in 'The Villages' near Orlando: The Villages Retirement Community Exposed After Couple Allegedly Had Sex In Public
Ah, thank you. I thought it was just the lewd wanderings of my senior mind. But glad you have confirmed that, indeed, that is not all that goes wandering in the Golden Years.

Old 01-15-2016, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
Ah, thank you. I thought it was just the lewd wanderings of my senior mind. But glad you have confirmed that, indeed, that is not all that goes wandering in the Golden Years.
Take heart fellow senior. We were golfing with a group of seniors from "The Villages" and almost to a man, they were now back to carrying condoms in their wallets.

That old axiom of a "second child-hood" is seemingly true for at least one select group I guess.

Millennials will probably be cringing in their chairs while reading these last couple of posts.

Old 01-15-2016, 09:25 PM

1,582 posts, read 1,139,132 times
I hate hockey (am using the world 'hate' here)! LOVE baseball though and am a die-hard Blue Jays fan - always have been. Naming a city that hosts a major league baseball team in Canada is easy.

Old 01-15-2016, 09:30 PM

2,178 posts, read 1,755,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Kamloops, 100 Mile House, Peace River, Medicine Hat, Regina, Saskatoon, Flin Flon, Brandon, Thunder Bay, Kapuskasing, Baie Comeau, Shawinigan (the latter two birthing modern Canadian PM's), Frederickton, St. John's, Halifax, Syndney, Charlottetown (OK I'll admit I'm stumped without going to Google on a second PEI city), Gander, Goose Bay, Whitehorse, Dawson, Whiteknife, Yellowhorse (maybe mixed up the names a bit), Hay River, Iqaluit, and Kugluktuk f/k/a (before Trudeau) Coppermine.

So two per province, without Googling, with those qualifications.
Medicine Hat, sure, but you selected Peace River for Alberta over Lethbridge and Red Deer? Gosh, you do know your stuff!

And for PEI, you could use Summerside or Cavendish, in addition to Charlottetown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or