U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2016, 08:20 AM

15,890 posts, read 6,252,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
It's cleared. lol

I was going to say that it wouldn't air, too.
Too bad. I could have a lot of fun with Rick Mercer. He might not consider it fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2016, 08:34 AM

21,941 posts, read 27,338,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Too bad. I could have a lot of fun with Rick Mercer. He might not consider it fun.
I don't know if I or someone else has said this before, but all of the people who do those "dummy-on-the-street" ambush type of TV shows admit that lots of people give smart or at least not-so-dumb answers.

But they don't use these on the show(s) obviously.

Old 04-01-2016, 09:04 AM

18,266 posts, read 10,368,849 times
I bet Rick would admit he's encountered some, when least expected, who completely shattered any and all preconceptions he's had.

I sure have.

Old 04-01-2016, 05:59 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,485,057 times
The less that people from the US know about their neighbours to the North, the better. Imagine if the country to the South realized that up North is where the climate is perfect, the air is clean, the mountains are enormous, life is beautiful, and everyone has both a summer and winter wardrobe! Canada would have a second reason to build a wall.

Old 04-02-2016, 02:29 PM

15,890 posts, read 6,252,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
The less that people from the US know about their neighbours to the North, the better. Imagine if the country to the South realized that up North is where the climate is perfect, the air is clean, the mountains are enormous, life is beautiful, and everyone has both a summer and winter wardrobe! Canada would have a second reason to build a wall.
Are you talking about Canada in the sense of Devon Island in Nunavut?

Old 04-02-2016, 05:51 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,485,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Are you talking about Canada in the sense of Devon Island in Nunavut?
Of course not.

Old 04-03-2016, 07:01 PM

10,024 posts, read 10,564,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazingbeyond View Post
Let's face it, Canadians know everything there is to know about the United States and the States basically knows nothing about Canada. Americans think little to absolutely nothing about Canada (some don't even know or care it exists) and others just know stereotypes and nothing else.

Does this ever bother Canadians?
Since most Americans know very little about anything, we don't take it personally that they know very little about us. While travelling around the USA for 5 years I often asked people I encountered, what are all of the states that border your state? Less than 10% knew the correct answer. So, when you know nothing about your immediate neighbour, how could you be expected to know anything about foreigners?

Old 04-04-2016, 06:34 AM

2,761 posts, read 1,101,784 times
Americans blah blah blah. Where I live in Asia, the Canucks are famous amongst the expat community for their cultural naiveté. And they're the ones who made it out of Canada!

Old 04-04-2016, 08:22 AM

10,847 posts, read 11,258,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
you are delusional. Yes, people who prefer four seasons probably like to have winters, winters in the sense of how Vancouver or NYC feels in January. (yes, Vancouver winter is real winter, don't kid ourselves). But nobody likes Canadians winter, which is the fifth season. To call it simply winter is a misnomer.

Many probably do like to have a winter wardrobe, but hardly anyone enjoys wearing a Canada Goose with heavy scarf and globes in April, not to mention incurring multiple accidents on the highways due to a snowstorm, in APRIL, when the rest of the world is basking under 20C sun.

Old 04-04-2016, 08:59 AM

11,732 posts, read 8,301,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Since most Americans know very little about anything, we don't take it personally that they know very little about us. While travelling around the USA for 5 years I often asked people I encountered, what are all of the states that border your state? Less than 10% knew the correct answer. So, when you know nothing about your immediate neighbour, how could you be expected to know anything about foreigners?
Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly what you did .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or