Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2015, 11:46 AM

6 posts, read 6,120 times

Advertisements

Citydata is in my opinion very rude to Canadians for some reason. The UK or Auatralia sections don't get as much hate as we do here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2015, 11:56 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,361,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
Rude? 'My' BruSan?' Tell me it's not so! (He's a pussycat, really. )
Netwit; was that a 'wink' or a 'sarcasm' emoji? My glasses are all the way upstairs.

Old 11-06-2015, 01:04 PM

7,239 posts, read 9,212,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Netwit; was that a 'wink' or a 'sarcasm' emoji? My glasses are all the way upstairs.
It was a sincere wink.

Old 11-06-2015, 03:35 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,198,909 times
Quote:
Everyone already knows, on occasion I'm abrupt and inconsiderate of others feelings. That's a statement of fact.
And those are your redeeming qualities!

Old 11-06-2015, 04:35 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,361,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
And those are your redeeming qualities!
Cough splurt! Good one!

Old 11-06-2015, 04:42 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,198,909 times
Quote:
Cough splurt! Good one!
Always there for a kindred spirit.

Old 11-06-2015, 05:37 PM

7,239 posts, read 9,212,921 times
Quote:
Cough splurt! Good one!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Always there for a kindred spirit.
Now that Trudeau is PM, and east and west in the form of Mikey and BruSan are kindred spirits, can world peace be far behind?

Old 11-06-2015, 05:57 PM

526 posts, read 450,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantcandy View Post
Citydata is in my opinion very rude to Canadians for some reason. The UK or Auatralia sections don't get as much hate as we do here.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking that. None of the forums I've been to get any hate/trolls, but the Canada forum is constantly bombarded with it. But it's not just Citydata; ever since I told my siblings I wanted to immigrate to Canada, they've been making fun of it and talking about how America is better, SMH. I don't know why people like to make fun of Canada so much.

Don't let the haters get you down, though. Canada is awesome!

Old 11-06-2015, 10:33 PM
Status: "A solution in search of a problem" (set 12 days ago)

34,440 posts, read 16,527,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Why do you want Americans to pay attention to Canada? Why is it important to you what Americans think or know about Canada? Do you think you are really important and that Canada deserves to be a centre of attention to America just because Americans are our neighbours? Are you looking for glory and accolades?
I am an American but do you want to know why?

If it weren't for the deeply friendly, peaceful border our military expenses would be a multiple of what they are now. The northern and Alaskan border are effectively undefended. We get little but friendship, admiration and a little jealousy from up north.

Do you want to know what a more typical border is like? The Gaza-Israel border. The Syrian or Iraqi border with the Islamic State. Pakistan's border with Israel. Turkey's border with Syria. Want a cold shower of reality. Go there, and then cross any U.S.-Canadian crossing.

Or go to Flanders and the poppy field. Or Juno Beach at Normandy. Their blood helped keep America and the West free.

Tell me why they're not important. Your views are a disgrace to any freedom-loving American.

Old 11-06-2015, 10:49 PM

26,764 posts, read 37,665,557 times
I don't honestly know where all these stories of Americans being mean to Canadians are coming from.

With apologies to jgbusa and a few others, most Americans are too clueless about Canada to formulate a detailed opinion one way or the other. And when an opinion is formulated, it is usually positive. If there is anything negative it's still likely to be about Canadians being a bit dorky but likeable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada