Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 05:21 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,862,695 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2015, 05:25 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,419,497 times
Lmao!

Old 10-21-2015, 06:43 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,320,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
Cite, please.

As a lawyer who practices criminal law in a jurisdiction where many First Nations reside, I have not heard that sentencing circles have been abolished. If anybody should know about this, it seems I should. So, I'd like some proof.
I was sure I read that it was banned or severely restricted in Saskatchewan a few years back. If I am wrong I am more than pleased to be corrected. Thank you.

Old 10-21-2015, 08:06 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
In other words 'CLOSET CASE'

My gaydar is really active with this one! He had a Fabulous time at "Fabulous Blue Tent Party"

Poletical - Gay Conservatives And The Gay Word

Definitely a washroom stall type of guy
AAah GawD; fusion. Now I'm off for another rum and coke and may have to go back to a desktop with separate keyboard if this keeps up.

I've already gone through two laptops due to nose gurgles from posts such as yours.

Old 10-21-2015, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
AAah GawD; fusion. Now I'm off for another rum and coke and may have to go back to a desktop with separate keyboard if this keeps up.

I've already gone through two laptops due to nose gurgles from posts such as yours.

Old 10-21-2015, 08:27 PM

26,871 posts, read 37,997,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
In other words 'CLOSET CASE'

My gaydar is really active with this one! He had a Fabulous time at "Fabulous Blue Tent Party"

Poletical - Gay Conservatives And The Gay Word

Definitely a washroom stall type of guy

Hehehehe

Old 10-21-2015, 09:08 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,900,569 times
Great OP. Because what Canadians call "conservative" is absolutely laughable.
Harper didn't do anything much of substance at all. Sure, a few little tweaks around the edges, but that was all that he (or any one like him) could ever get away with in Canada.

Old 10-21-2015, 09:21 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,949,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post
During the 10 years that Canada had a conservative government what policies were implemented that would be conservative?

For example did they make any attempt to change the HC system away from single payer?

Did they cut environmental safeguards?

Did they build up your military?

Pass laws with stricter criminal penalties?

End same sex marriage?

Thanks
They pitched in with the international effort to stop muslim extremism, albeit from the air
They held their ground on conservative values when it comes to legal marijuana selling shops
They attempted to ensure that all Canadians adhere to and uphold traditional Canadian values (not political correct new immigrant values, but traditional Canadian)
They ensured that Quebec is supported by Alberta oil and attempted to increase that financial support through international trade routes for oil
They negotiated a trans-Pacific trade agreement where the only option to negotiate is to get in on the ground floor
They increased benefits for the middle class and seniors

... stuff like that

Old 10-21-2015, 09:28 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,949,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Great OP. Because what Canadians call "conservative" is absolutely laughable.
Harper didn't do anything much of substance at all. Sure, a few little tweaks around the edges, but that was all that he (or any one like him) could ever get away with in Canada.
He upheld conservative Canadian values. The newly elected premier will uphold Canadian values as well, but this is a new generation of Canadian values. This new generation of Canadian values has marijuana legalized and available in the shops (perhaps a reaction from the teacher to the fact that his brother was in a fender bender, and the worst thing that happened related to the accident was the pot in his brother's car - if only it had been legalized!). The new generation also shuns the traditional cowboy who removes his hat when he enters anything related to the courts. Instead, he values women from other cultures who not only want to wear a hat, but also a neck scarf across the nose. In old Canada, that would be viewed as a bandit, but not today; not with the new Canadian values. That's just for starters ... but hey, I know nothing - just a passive observer. Today is a "keep your hat on in Church, in the courtroom, and at Citizenship ceremonies, and pull that neck scarf up over your nose if you want ... because traditional Canadian values apparently have no value anymore - say the people.

Old 10-21-2015, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
He upheld conservative Canadian values. The newly elected premier will uphold Canadian values as well, but this is a new generation of Canadian values. This new generation of Canadian values has marijuana legalized and available in the shops (perhaps a reaction from the teacher to the fact that his brother was in a fender bender, and the worst thing that happened related to the pot in his brother's car). The new generation also shuns the traditional cowboy who removes his hat when he enters anything related to the courts. Instead, he values women from other cultures who not only want to wear a hat, but also a neck scarf across the nose. In old Canada, that would be viewed as a bandit, but not today; not with the new Canadian values. That's just for starters ... but hey, I know nothing - just a passive observer.
C'mon Lieneke talk about a bunch of drama.. The fact is the 'traditional' values you are referring to are going the way of the dodo bird.. There was a time 100 years ago whereby even 'traditional' values of that period probably would have made even you feel like a prisoner in a cage.. Societies change and evolve, people learn and interact and grow. Ultimately, people will do what they want to do, whether its smoke a joint (legal or not most people have smoked one in their life at some point and many do it regularly), have sex with a member of the same sex, decide that they don't want to live their final days in pain and suffering and decide to exit this world on their own terms, or wear something over their head and face for a billion reasons.

As much as Conservatives tend to stick to this notion that conservative governments stays out of our affairs - 'traditional' conservative values seem to always get right into our affairs like an annoying in law coming to visit unannounced on the weekend and going through the drawer and throwing out a joint they find in the dresser because they are the arbiter of justice and what is righteous - pfffft.

Last edited by fusion2; 10-21-2015 at 09:43 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada