Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 09:15 AM

225 posts, read 203,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Awww c'mon Nat - aren't you even a bit disappointed that you won't be able report some of your neighbours to the 'barbaric cultural practices' hotline

It will be nice to have a leader who refers to us as Canadians though instead of 'Taxpayers' lol..
Yeah, and as a taxpayer, I'd rather my tax money go to fixing infrastructure for all people here than fighter jets used to drop bombs on brown people in the desert.

And also reopening veterans affairs offices and committing money (I forget how much) to PTSD centres of excellence which Trudeau promised to invest in, to help the people who were forced to do the latter under our previous government and then left to suffer with no support when they got back home... which should be reported to the barbaric cultural practices snitch line.

Old 10-24-2015, 09:18 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,877,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souriquois View Post
Yeah, and as a taxpayer, I'd rather my tax money go to fixing infrastructure for all people here than fighter jets used to drop bombs on brown people in the desert.
I totally agree!! We need fighter jets tbh but we don't need overpriced fighter jets with questionable performance metrics and capabilities.. A half priced Saab Gripen NG would be suitable for our defense needs. The rest of the money spent on transit development to keep our cities moving seems like a stellar idea to me.

Old 10-24-2015, 09:20 AM

Quote:
I totally agree!! We need fighter jets tbh but we don't need overpriced fighter jets with questionable performance metrics and capabilities.. A half priced Saab Gripen NG would be suitable for our defense needs. The rest of the money spent on transit development to keep our cities moving seems like a stellar idea to me.
For defence we need better investment in our navy than air force, to be fair.

Old 10-24-2015, 09:23 AM

I still laugh at that snitch line. I mean, not only was it meant to target Muslims, a minority of who engage in those practices (plus they happen in non-Muslim cultures as well), but, if your neighbour, Muslim or not, were going to do an honour killing, wouldn't calling 911 be suffice?

Old 10-24-2015, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souriquois View Post
For defence we need better investment in our navy than air force, to be fair.
We need to replace our aging F18's with something in the coming decade!.. We do have to play ball with the Americans and Europeans allies when it comes to our Norad/Nato commitments and having no Air Force is not an option lol.. Even Trudeau would admit to that..

I think we should look at a cheaper alternative to the F35 and take the rest we saved on overpriced F35's and invest in other areas of defence.. I'm fine with that money going to naval assets where needed (like supply ships, new Destroyers/Frigates etc).

As for infrastructure development - well we need that too so no time like the present.. Sometimes you have to spend a little money and go into the hole even a bit more to get out of it! The truth is crumbling infrastructure and cities with sub par transit systems don't do as well as what they should! The GTA loses between 7-8 billion dollars a year in productivity because of gridlock and that figure will only increase as time goes on! I'm sure other CAD cities are experiencing similar issues.

Old 10-24-2015, 10:10 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,552,312 times
Quote:
Awww c'mon Nat - aren't you even a bit disappointed that you won't be able report some of your neighbours to the 'barbaric cultural practices' hotline

It will be nice to have a leader who refers to us as Canadians though instead of 'Taxpayers' lol..
That would of been fun, especially with my neighbours. Rumour has it they keep a little furry animal. I hear it wailing sometimes. They must be performing some dark magic on the poor thing.

Old 10-25-2015, 10:57 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,100,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonerandsad View Post
Congratulations Canada for electing Justin Tradeau.. What he will do to Canada looks wonderful! He is very handsome as well, and has pretty wife!

May God bless our neighbor country to the north... I wish America was like Canada as well in many things!
What I fear this inexperienced dimwit will do is destroy what's left of our economy by racking up $1 billion of debt we can't afford and bring back the useless long gun registry, all the while rapping about the merits of legal weed and a stoned populace who are too high to care.

I guess it could have been worse... We could have elected komrade "Mad Dog" Mulcair.

Old 10-25-2015, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
What I fear this inexperienced dimwit will do is destroy what's left of our economy by racking up $1 billion of debt we can't afford and bring back the useless long gun registry, all the while rapping about the merits of legal weed and a stoned populace who are too high to care.

I guess it could have been worse... We could have elected komrade "Mad Dog" Mulcair.
oooooh 1 billion dollars of debt...... oooooooh

As for fiscal management take a look at this..

No matter how you add it up, Harper’s fiscal record is a catastrophe

Old 10-25-2015, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
That would of been fun, especially with my neighbours. Rumour has it they keep a little furry animal. I hear it wailing sometimes. They must be performing some dark magic on the poor thing.
Screw the hotline - go rescue that furry

Old 10-26-2015, 02:04 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Commenting from South of our long border I have to wonder why Canada bothers with either an Air Force or a Navy. Our Pentagon would gladly supply you with some of ours so long as it kept the gravy train flowing to our favorite contractors. In realistic terns, unless Canada wants to build a bunch of submarines, a surface Navy is little more than, in a world of terminally guided ballistic missiles, floating targets. This applies to our Navy as well.

I suggest you, like we should but won't, concentrate on improving your infrastructure and, if you need to keep shipbuilders in business, your magnificent Coast Guard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada