Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 07:53 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,289,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
You know what else we should do? ARM our Coast GUARD. lol

I agree about more littoral ships, and I think having A-10's would be sweet. But......they aren't particularly fast, and covering the vastness of the north might be too much for them. I have always wondered why we don't buy some of the mothballed F-16's and whatnot the States has laying around the desert by the thousands. While I love the Hornet......I mean, come on. Let's expand a little here. lol
There's a new improved Viper out, so that's good too, but the F-16 is really almost entirely an air-to-air platform.

Plus the new Super Hornet =/= CF18 hornet.

Old 10-27-2015, 08:06 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,323,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
You can find a source for whatever political slant you prefer, but the fact remains that under Harper's watch, Canada emerged in excellent shape following the 2008 economic collapse relative to the other members of the G8. Unlike your immature rhetoric, that is an actual fact.

For the record, I was never a fan of Harper for many reasons. However, given the clown car of alternatives and the current state of Canada's economy, he was the best choice if that is your main concern as it is mine.

Of course if you are on welfare and your primary concern is your morning "wake 'n' bake" and staying high enough that you don't care, I can completely understand your support for the Liberals.

Harper's handling of the global fiscal crisis was good however the main reason that Canada did good at that period was our banks were not deregulated. Not a single bank ran a net loss due to bad loans and that had to do with the fact that the Liberals with Paul Martin as Finance Minister refused to do so. Even Harper admitted the lack of bank failures was why we as a nation came out of 2008. Harper also ran a fiscal stimulus to help the economy "desperate times means desperate measures" or some similar quote from him. I cannot see how we would have not done as good if not better under Paul Martin who had a proven track record as finance minister.

Canada has underachieved after the turnaround. Compare the stock markets for example, the US stock market went from way lower than ours to way higher in a matter of a few years. On top of that I doubt it was the Conservative government's handling of the economy that lead to their defeat. It was all the other things, the way they treated First Nations, Atlantic Canada, artists, journalists, the opposition, humanity groups, women the list goes on.

The soon to be former finance minister was not very good and there does not seem to be any other people sticking out from the cacus to fullfill this and many other positions. Both the Liberals and NDP have good slates of canidates with which to choose a cabinet. I did not see a Clown car of alternatives unless you are talking about the Rhino and the Pirate parties. The last time the Liberals were in power they ran surplus budgets, that is an actual fact. And to dismiss people who choose a political party of any sort as simply people on welfare is disgusting. I certainly was disgusted by Harper and his politices but do not demean or belittle those who supported his party. Obvious you know nothing about people or respect. Even former Progressive Prime Ministers and cabinet ministers and Conservative former premiers supported the Liberal party in this election. Trudeau stated is victory speech that conservatives are not our enemy but our friends and neighbours. I am not sure that conservatives want to be nothing but enemies from the tone of those on line.My Canada includes those on the right, those on the left and those between those two poles. It does not include the mean spirited or the dishonest when it comes to politics.

And a good economy is not worth much if the rest of the country is not good as well, education, the environment, proper treatment of our veterans, culture, science, the old and the young. Money is not the goal of life, just a way of paying for what we need and want.

Old 10-27-2015, 08:10 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,827,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonerandsad View Post
Congratulations Canada for electing Justin Tradeau.. What he will do to Canada looks wonderful! He is very handsome as well, and has pretty wife!

May God bless our neighbor country to the north... I wish America was like Canada as well in many things!
Ha Ha fasten your seatbelts...your in for a wild ride.

Old 10-27-2015, 08:16 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,051,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souriquois View Post
^^^

Hahahahahaha

Old 10-27-2015, 08:46 AM

225 posts, read 203,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
Once Trudeau legalizes weed I hope people spark one and lighten up. I might make edibles for my parents.

And Conservative tears... I wonder if a leave in conditioner made from them is the secret to Justin Trudeau's nice hair. I'm gonna try it.

Last edited by Souriquois; 10-27-2015 at 09:27 AM..

Old 10-27-2015, 03:44 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,877,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
You can find a source for whatever political slant you prefer, but the fact remains that under Harper's watch, Canada emerged in excellent shape following the 2008 economic collapse relative to the other members of the G8. Unlike your immature rhetoric, that is an actual fact.

For the record, I was never a fan of Harper for many reasons. However, given the clown car of alternatives and the current state of Canada's economy, he was the best choice if that is your main concern as it is mine.

Of course if you are on welfare and your primary concern is your morning "wake 'n' bake" and staying high enough that you don't care, I can completely understand your support for the Liberals.
Awww poor Annuvin has to contend with a life where he is surrounded by liberals and peanut gallery types below his social class... No wonder you live in 'Poshawa'

Harper dealt with the 2008 crisis ok and was given a mandate for seven years after that - but you can't go by what he did alone. I think Canada was already structurally set up to deal with the crises much better than other countries and a lot of credit due to decisions made well before Harpers mandate.

I thought it was funny how you said Trudeau would get us into a 1 billion dollars of debt.. That is pretty much nothing and Harper certainly racked up more debt than that over 9 years. The F35 program alone would have cost us double what several other options would so right there that is 10's of billions Trudeau will save taxpayers that Harper would not of.. On top of that the F35 is not exactly a potent or proven platform..

If you look at the times I post during weekdays you'll see they are done after 530 pm... That is because I work 9-5 every single day and there are a lot of people who work that voted liberal in this election.. I think some research on voter demographics for the 2015 general election might be in order for you..

Last edited by fusion2; 10-27-2015 at 03:55 PM..

Old 10-27-2015, 06:06 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Awww poor Annuvin has to contend with a life where he is surrounded by liberals and peanut gallery types below his social class... No wonder you live in 'Poshawa'

Harper dealt with the 2008 crisis ok and was given a mandate for seven years after that - but you can't go by what he did alone. I think Canada was already structurally set up to deal with the crises much better than other countries and a lot of credit due to decisions made well before Harpers mandate.

I thought it was funny how you said Trudeau would get us into a 1 billion dollars of debt.. That is pretty much nothing and Harper certainly racked up more debt than that over 9 years. The F35 program alone would have cost us double what several other options would so right there that is 10's of billions Trudeau will save taxpayers that Harper would not of.. On top of that the F35 is not exactly a potent or proven platform..

If you look at the times I post during weekdays you'll see they are done after 530 pm... That is because I work 9-5 every single day and there are a lot of people who work that voted liberal in this election.. I think some research on voter demographics for the 2015 general election might be in order for you..
Haar! I got ya covered in your off hours there fusion.

I have been doing some real re-aligning of priorities and while it is fair to say conservative policies performed rather well in some areas. It is my opinion they did some real harm in others.

Flaherty was my favourite little bulldog and it his hand at the helm that stayed much of the damage that would have occurred during the fallout caused by stupid, stupid, stupid American banking practices. Note I said that three times. They learned nothing from that debacle in spite of almost taking the whole world with them down the free-fall toilet.

I'm fearful of deficit budgets but we have lived through them many times before and right now we need an economy stimulated by innovative thinking and Harper does not possess that genome.

I'm hoping Trudeau is not as superficial as his pot and immigration stance would lead one to believe.

He's got some major outback riding to do if he expects to mend western fences to an extent that would assuage feelings of eastern repudiation felt by them for decades now.

Old 10-27-2015, 06:15 PM

225 posts, read 203,122 times
Mend Western fences? It's the east that's resentful to the West after 10 years of Harper. We never had a problem with you before that. You more than got your revenge for Trudeau the senior's NEP. Now drop it.

I will never, as long as I live, cast a ballot for anyone from West of Ontario unless they're a person of colour, personally.

Old 10-27-2015, 06:57 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,552,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souriquois View Post
Mend Western fences? It's the east that's resentful to the West after 10 years of Harper. We never had a problem with you before that. You more than got your revenge for Trudeau the senior's NEP. Now drop it.

I will never, as long as I live, cast a ballot for anyone from West of Ontario unless they're a person of colour, personally.
Even someone like Elizabeth May?

Old 10-27-2015, 06:59 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,324,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Haar! I got ya covered in your off hours there fusion.

I have been doing some real re-aligning of priorities and while it is fair to say conservative policies performed rather well in some areas. It is my opinion they did some real harm in others.

Flaherty was my favourite little bulldog and it his hand at the helm that stayed much of the damage that would have occurred during the fallout caused by stupid, stupid, stupid American banking practices. Note I said that three times. They learned nothing from that debacle in spite of almost taking the whole world with them down the free-fall toilet.

I'm fearful of deficit budgets but we have lived through them many times before and right now we need an economy stimulated by innovative thinking and Harper does not possess that genome.

I'm hoping Trudeau is not as superficial as his pot and immigration stance would lead one to believe.

He's got some major outback riding to do if he expects to mend western fences to an extent that would assuage feelings of eastern repudiation felt by them for decades now.
That's a really good post, brusan. I'm impressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada