U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-23-2015, 11:26 AM
 
2,566 posts, read 2,190,480 times
Reputation: 1816

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissrock View Post
??????
Oh yes, Canadians just gave Trudeau an absolute majority in Parliament for a laugh. Totally not serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-23-2015, 11:38 AM
 
Location: Pure Michigan!
4,349 posts, read 7,446,590 times
Reputation: 6785
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
Ahem. As far as I know, most Canadians still like Obama.
Really? That's great, because there are millions of us down here who would be more than happy to send him up your way. In fact, we'll even throw in the Clintons for free, just remember to lock up your daughters and your good silver first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2015, 11:39 AM
 
Location: Canada
5,701 posts, read 6,555,383 times
Reputation: 8213
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Really? That's great, because there are millions of us down here who would be more than happy to send him up your way. In fact, we'll even throw in the Clintons for free, just remember to lock up your daughters and your good silver first.
Before this election, many of us would have been happy to put free trade into practise. Except for the Clintons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2015, 11:53 AM
 
Location: Pure Michigan!
4,349 posts, read 7,446,590 times
Reputation: 6785
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
Before this election, many of us would have been happy to put free trade into practise. Except for the Clintons.
Oh, come on, how about this? 8,000 Canada geese in exchange for Hillary. We would obviously be getting the better looking, more scrupulous end of the bargain, but the amount of #$&@$% and loud squawking would be about equal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2015, 11:54 AM
 
6,057 posts, read 2,316,764 times
Reputation: 2266
I take each of the elected officals in Canada seriously even the ones who seem clueless. They vote on laws and represent their ridings.

I thought that Trudeau had both the best platform and the best campaign during this to us long election campaign. Who needs anything longer than 36 days of it?

He also has over 180 people to pick a cabinet from and some of them are experienced in cabinet postions, he also has people with PhDs and have one that has travelled out of this world. The fact that he is not afraid of being caught with the public in photos that may not represent him as a staid politician is to his credit. I am thinking of the one with the topless woman at the Vancouver Gay Pride Parade. Former Progressive Conservative Prime Ministers think he is up to the job, do not see why any non Canadians would not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2015, 12:28 PM
 
Location: Canada
4,699 posts, read 8,512,291 times
Reputation: 4898
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
I take each of the elected officals in Canada seriously even the ones who seem clueless. They vote on laws and represent their ridings.

I thought that Trudeau had both the best platform and the best campaign during this to us long election campaign. Who needs anything longer than 36 days of it?

He also has over 180 people to pick a cabinet from and some of them are experienced in cabinet postions, he also has people with PhDs and have one that has travelled out of this world. The fact that he is not afraid of being caught with the public in photos that may not represent him as a staid politician is to his credit. I am thinking of the one with the topless woman at the Vancouver Gay Pride Parade. Former Progressive Conservative Prime Ministers think he is up to the job, do not see why any non Canadians would not.
I absolutely agree with you. I'd say some Canadians didn't take him seriously when he appeared on the scene, and some still don't, but many fewer then before this campaign. It'd be a mistake to not take him seriously simply because he is good looking and has a touchy-feely rhetoric. Agree with his politics or not, Justin Trudeau should not be underestimated. He is politically adept, principled, smarter than some people imagine, and he has the Liberal party under his full control, he is not a weak party leader. I honestly believe he has the capacity to be a deeply transformative leader (for good or bad depending on your perspective). He campaigned on change, and I think some may not have realized how significant those changes are going to end up being. He will not be a "do nothing" Prime Minister.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2015, 01:07 PM
 
Location: Hougary, Texberta
8,607 posts, read 11,114,388 times
Reputation: 10334
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Oh, come on, how about this? 8,000 Canada geese in exchange for Hillary. We would obviously be getting the better looking, more scrupulous end of the bargain, but the amount of #$&@$% and loud squawking would be about equal.
You shouldn't talk about our new President like that...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2015, 01:22 PM
 
Location: Pure Michigan!
4,349 posts, read 7,446,590 times
Reputation: 6785
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
You shouldn't talk about our new President like that...
What "our"? If she gets elected, I'm moving to Canada.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2015, 01:34 PM
 
Location: Canada
5,701 posts, read 6,555,383 times
Reputation: 8213
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
What "our"? If she gets elected, I'm moving to Canada.
If Trump gets the Republican nomination and gets elected, we might never talk to you guys again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2015, 01:45 PM
 
Location: Gatineau, Québec
21,967 posts, read 27,436,169 times
Reputation: 8626
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
What "our"? If she gets elected, I'm moving to Canada.
So someone who doesn't like Hillary Clinton I assume would be conservative. So as a conservative you actually want to swap Hillary Clinton for Justin Trudeau?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top