U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 09:36 AM

225 posts, read 147,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Oh yes a random inference to Hitler that has no relationship to the topic. Sick
More proof that Trudeau has become our Obama.

Replacing a leader who pissed off a lot of the electorate - check
The minority said old leader didn't **** off are angry this new guy got in - check
Hopey changey campaign - check
Polarizing AF - check
Causing people who voted for and against him to stop being friends - check
Higher than normal voter turnout at election - check
People all over the world congratulating us on his election - check
Considered an historical election that symbolizes a generational shift of power - check
People think he's sexy - check
Comparison to Hitler - aaaand CHECK

Now when is he gonna start putting us in Hobbit holes and bring on the New World Order?

Last edited by Souriquois; 10-27-2015 at 09:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2015, 09:50 AM

5,687 posts, read 6,531,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souriquois View Post
More proof that Trudeau has become our Obama.

Replacing a leader who pissed off a lot of the electorate - check
The minority said old leader didn't **** off are angry this new guy got in - check
Hopey changey campaign - check
Polarizing AF - check
Causing people who voted for and against him to stop being friends - check
Higher than normal voter turnout at election - check
People all over the world congratulating us on his election - check
Considered an historical election that symbolizes a generational shift of power - check
People think he's sexy - check
Comparison to Hitler - aaaand CHECK

Now when is he gonna start putting us in Hobbit holes and bring on the New World Order?
I haven't found that anyone hates Trudeau the way some Americans have hated Obama. I don't think littlemissrock is Canadian.

Old 10-27-2015, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
I haven't found that anyone hates Trudeau the way some Americans have hated Obama. I don't think littlemissrock is Canadian.
Maybe not. I'm just seeing parallels. Lol. The Hitler comparison made me laugh.

Old 10-27-2015, 11:29 AM

5,687 posts, read 6,531,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souriquois View Post
Maybe not. I'm just seeing parallels. Lol. The Hitler comparison made me laugh.
Considering that Harper ran on prejudice, there is an irony there. But I don't think the hostility that plagues Obama is going to migrate north. I would be horrified. It's a pity that we will never know what Obama could have done without all the roadblocks placed in front of him. It was embarrassing to watch, even from here.

Old 10-27-2015, 12:14 PM

8,565 posts, read 11,062,540 times
Quote:
Considering that Harper ran on prejudice, there is an irony there. But I don't think the hostility that plagues Obama is going to migrate north. I would be horrified. It's a pity that we will never know what Obama could have done without all the roadblocks placed in front of him. It was embarrassing to watch, even from here.
You have no idea... That's not even hyperbole. Living in Texas, I still shake my head daily. Heck, look at the dimwits that are elected here, and consider that's the "best" of the lot.

Old 10-27-2015, 12:32 PM

5,905 posts, read 2,283,500 times
Quote:

When one thinks that Trudeau acted in plays and movies but did not take drama as a major for a BFA or that Harper plays in a band but seems to be a hobby with him I am not sure who is the supposed failed artists. In my opinion neither.

It is a sad world where if you are not a Glen Gould, George Cloney or Wayne Gretzky you could be considered a failure. It is even sadder when it is fair to imply that anyone you do not agree with is a monster responsible for the deaths of millions. Are we so in need of either demonizing those we do not agree with or trivilizing the damage done by those actual monsters?

Old 10-27-2015, 03:59 PM

12,581 posts, read 11,128,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
If anything, leading a large bank like Goldman Sachs would make me trust you less.

JT gets my approval if he does even....oh I dunno, ONE SINGLE thing for young people in this country. University and college is cripplingly expensive, you know.
I know Jesse and not only the expense of an education but lack of solid good paying jobs that have things like extended healthcare benefits and employer contributions to a pension plan. I feel for people in College or in their 20's just starting out and I completely agree that the former PM just wasn't a strong advocate for so many groups of people. I can't possible imagine JT being worse and at least the man has a human element to him. I think he genuinely cares about people and not just those belonging to his base.

Old 10-27-2015, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
I know Jesse and not only the expense of an education but lack of solid good paying jobs that have things like extended healthcare benefits and employer contributions to a pension plan. I feel for people in College or in their 20's just starting out and I completely agree that the former PM just wasn't a strong advocate for so many groups of people. I can't possible imagine JT being worse and at least the man has a human element to him. I think he genuinely cares about people and not just those belonging to his base.
Well JT secured my vote after some Muslim women got attacked and he got on the radio and told Harper to stop before someone got seriously hurt. Mulcair was against it too but he sounded like a robot/typical politician talking about it I heard genuine emotion in Trudeau's voice, he sounded like he was upset but trying not to sound upset but failed at not sounding upset. He seems like an empathetic person.

That was what changed me from "I'm probably gonna vote Liberal cos they're most likely to win my riding to or whatever" and "Well I wouldn't mind looking at this guy for the next 4 years cos he's pretty hot" (I was so cynical at politics I was thinking that... gonna get screwed no matter what, might as well be by the eye candy) to "Yeah, I'm voting Liberal and believe in this guy."

The "Conservatives are our friends" got me too. I miss the days me and my conservative friends would make fun of each other, not fight with each other. I remember growing up, I wasn't old enough to vote but every year people would get out the super soakers and have Liberal vs Conservative water fights. Lol

So yeah he got my vote cos I can relate to his shortcomings. Weed smoking can't hold in emotions. A human came out behind the politician nonsense.

Last edited by Souriquois; 10-27-2015 at 04:42 PM..

Old 10-28-2015, 08:22 PM

2,986 posts, read 3,318,334 times
Quote:
Ahem. As far as I know, most Canadians still like Obama.
Why? He's just as inept as the dimwit he replaced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Look, Justin Trudeau had virtually zero political experience (very little experience in ANYTHING, for that matter). The next thing you know, he is leading the party, and shortly after that, he is PM. I think that any fair-minded person would say that it has happened largely, although not entirely, due to his last name.
Exactly. Justin has his father's name, his mother's genes and no experience whatsoever. That hardly sounds like justification for all the praise he has been getting in the media.

Old 10-29-2015, 10:37 AM

4,698 posts, read 8,484,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
Why? He's just as inept as the dimwit he replaced.

Exactly. Justin has his father's name, his mother's genes and no experience whatsoever. That hardly sounds like justification for all the praise he has been getting in the media.
He doesn't have no experience, he has about 8 years in parliament, about as many as Harper had when he became PM. Like Harper, he also has prior experience in various NGOs, (Katimavik), and unlike Harper he was first elected in a swing riding that hadn't voted Liberal in many years, really wearing out a lot of shoe leather and working hard to gain his constituents confidence by being an exceptional MP. Alot of this nonsense smells of ageism from the boomers, to be perfectly honest, it's not his experience I think many really have a problem with, it's that his culture and style marks him as of a different generation (although at 43 he's not the youngest PM ever).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or