Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2016, 01:48 PM

225 posts, read 200,982 times

Advertisements

Wow I'm public enemy #1 on another forum I go to full of people who have accomplished nothing in life so are angry about it. Awesome lol

Their most active thread is about refugees, or as they call them "rapeugees" and I guess I am personally responsible. Somehow. I, just one person, get a rise out of them and it's hilarious. It's apparent they are not the sharpest tools in the shed. Crazy as the birds too.

RIGHT WING EXTREMISTS... THEY'RE ALL BROKE LOOOOOOOOOOOL

Broke, unemployed and on disability: Here

But I forgot.. being largely rejected by society shows you're a superior minded non-conformist... riiight.

They always try to claim there's something "wrong" with me because I am not a racist like them and not irrationally angry. I've been armchair diagnosed with a few mental illnesses by that motley crew.

Actually thinking of making a thread on there "are white Canadians the only sane white people left on the planet?"

Because I actually do feel that way. This forum is populated with Americans and Europeans... all nuts. I'm the only Canadian on there and the opposite of all the other members.

Last edited by Souriquois; 01-31-2016 at 02:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
It's actually a little astonishing to me that some people have so little sense of history not to be able to chart anti-immigration/anti-people arguments as though anything happening now is somehow unique. It's always something. Like water, racism and bigotry look for the easiest way to flow. I think that to immediately pull out the racist/bigot card can hinder a better understanding, but really all the anti-Muslim arguments that I have read, are at their best, bigotry dressed up in intellectual clothes. There is also an inherent arrogance here in the west that assumes that we are immune from history and that we will never be in the position of beggars, and live always instead like princes. History's princes could tell us otherwise.

We help people because they are people and we are people. We help people because we think "there but for the grace of God go I."
The origin of anti-Muslim propaganda is actually very academic. It started to stop BDS in one university in the US. Just one. Read about its origins here.

The Great Islamophobic Crusade | Max Blumenthal

Also some of it is older:

Born in Jerusalem, 1979: A Revealing Glimpse at the “War on Terror” | loonwatch.com

Loon Watch is a hilarious site. They monitor and mock Islamophobic propaganda. I spit out my drink laughing at a post they had about how some Islamophobes freaked out about a university installing bedets in their washrooms. They believed it was the encroachment of Islam and Sharia Law. The comment was hilarious "HOW DARE THEY INFRINGE ON MY CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO HAVE DINGLEBERRIES DANGLE IN MY DRAWS!"

Old 01-31-2016, 02:06 PM

7,239 posts, read 9,212,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souriquois View Post
The origin of anti-Muslim propaganda is actually very academic. It started to stop BDS in one university in the US. Just one. Read about its origins here.

The Great Islamophobic Crusade | Max Blumenthal

Also some of it is older:

Born in Jerusalem, 1979: A Revealing Glimpse at the “War on Terror” | loonwatch.com

Loon Watch is a hilarious site. They monitor and mock Islamophobic propaganda. I spit out my drink laughing at a post they had about how some Islamophobes freaked out about a university installing bedets in their washrooms. They believed it was the encroachment of Islam and Sharia Law. The comment was hilarious "HOW DARE THEY INFRINGE ON MY CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO HAVE DINGLEBERRIES DANGLE IN MY DRAWS!"
That's very interesting and I notice that American Jews come up a lot in that article. It could just be that I know different people but even the most vehemently pro-Israel Canadian Jews I know, see the parallels with islamaphobic and the anti-semitism Jews have experienced. Another difference between Canada and the U.S.?

Old 01-31-2016, 02:07 PM

7,647 posts, read 5,416,804 times
Quote:
It's actually a little astonishing to me that some people have so little sense of history not to be able to chart anti-immigration/anti-people arguments as though anything happening now is somehow unique.
Yes, that surprises me too. For example, in the 1920s and probably later than that, many Americans "believed the Catholic Church was an 'un-American' and 'alien culture' that opposed freedom and democracy."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti..._United_States

Last edited by cdnirene; 01-31-2016 at 02:17 PM..

Old 01-31-2016, 02:11 PM

Quote:
That's very interesting and I notice that American Jews come up a lot in that article. It could just be that I know different people but even the most vehemently pro-Israel Canadian Jews I know, see the parallels with islamaphobic and the anti-semitism Jews have experienced. Another difference between Canada and the U.S.?
The guy who wrote that article I am assuming is a Jew (although I am judging from surname). This Islamophobia propaganda machine was started by militant Zionists that even the Israeli government has been trying to put a cork on (yes, even hard right Bibi). I have encountered many of these types, yes, here in Canada too. They hate French Canadians so I fought with some. Ezra LeRant is one of them, most known example. This machine is well funded and spans continents. Again, it was started to stop the BDS movement.

Here is an article about them in MacLeans.

The angry, radical right - Macleans.ca

Someone from CSIS admitted to watching them VERY closely because of their treats against Justin Trudeau... his crime? Not hating Muslims.

I find it ironic that this CSIS person identified PEGIDA as a legitimate national security threat to Canada. The people who claim to be "protecting Western civilization from the violent Muslims"... because nothing says protecting Western civilization like threatening to assassinate a democratically elected leader in a Western country in hopes of installing an authoritarian demagogue. And in before right wingers with the right wing persecution complex come in, they were monitoring PEGIDA when Harper was in power too.

And they have a strange mix of allies. Who thought neo-Nazis, militant Zionists, Hindu nationalists, and white far leftists would work together.

http://www.loonwatch.com/2016/01/the...obe-coalition/

Sounds like a motley crew doesn't it?

Last edited by Souriquois; 01-31-2016 at 02:26 PM..

Old 01-31-2016, 02:25 PM

7,239 posts, read 9,212,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Yes, that surprises me too. For example, in the 1920s and probably later than that, many Americans "believed the Catholic Church was an 'un-American' and 'alien culture' that opposed freedom and democracy."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti..._United_States
JFK ran up against that and that was in the '60s.

Old 01-31-2016, 02:30 PM

Quote:
JFK ran up against that and that was in the '60s.
And they killed him.

That's the thing. Right wingers are terrorists. And they will KILL YOU if you oppose their hatred of whatever group if the day.

So, if you stand up as an ally to Muslims, you are in effect putting yourself in danger.

Old 01-31-2016, 05:06 PM

7,647 posts, read 5,416,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souriquois View Post
That's the thing. Right wingers are terrorists. And they will KILL YOU if you oppose their hatred of whatever group if the day.
*sigh* Don't you see that you are also guilty of painting with the broad brush that you complain about.

No, not all right wingers are terrorists. Some are. Just like some some left wingers are. Stalin was responsible for the death of millions.

Old 01-31-2016, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
*sigh* Don't you see that you are also guilty of painting with the broad brush that you complain about.

No, not all right wingers are terrorists. Some are. Just like some some left wingers are. Stalin was responsible for the death of millions.
Well excuse me for being weary of people who have hurt me and threatened my family... even though my father held office as a Conservative back in the day. So I am in no way saying all right wingers are terrorists.

The right wing populist is prone to aggression and violence, however.

Old 02-01-2016, 12:07 AM

323 posts, read 1,387,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
What billions?

That, and pennies are gone. It's either a nickel or nothing.
It will be billions in time. Plus 2 five cents don't sound right but LOL,
funnee!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada