Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 05:35 PM

152 posts, read 185,747 times

Advertisements

Why would anyone vote for him since he had these plans for Canada.
Why support Foreigners to take away Canadians jobs and resources.
Put own Citizen first.
there are no positivies bringing in refugees

Justin is the new Angela Merkel 2.0
RIP Canada

Last edited by fr3ssconyc; 01-08-2016 at 06:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2016, 05:46 PM

225 posts, read 203,178 times
Yeah. It's the worst flow of refugees since WWII. And during WWII, Canada turned away refugees.

They're not taking jobs or resources.

Sounds here like a case of Schrodinger's Immigrant... simultaneously leeching welfare while stealing your job.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:09 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,405,340 times
Yeah because this is the first time Canada ever let refugees in. What a disaster this is going to be, we should not try anything so bold and new.

Old 01-08-2016, 06:12 PM

54 posts, read 70,118 times
I don't buy into right-winger propaganda and personally disliked Harper as a PM. While waiting in line to vote I saw on my iPhone that the liberals were set to win a good chunk of the Maritimes so I judged Trudeau had a better chance to defeat Harper than Mulcair so the decision to vote for him was rather simple.

Oh, and a small detail that needs to be brought forward. Whenever I hear people complaining saying something like "well, the majority did not vote for Trudeau so they do not agree with him in the issue" seem to forget that Mulcair wanted to bring ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND Syrian refugees and both Gilles Duceppe AND Elizabeth May were in favour of bringing more Syrian refugees during the election. So although the statement "the majority did not vote for Trudeau" is correct, the majority DID vote for a candidate that wanted to bring in Syrian refugees.

Old 01-08-2016, 07:38 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr3ssconyc View Post
Put own Citizen first.

RIP Canada
You don't live in Canada so why would you concern yourself about the decisions that Canadians make for their own country or about who Canadians vote for?

Don't worry. Be happy. It's all good.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:38 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times
Default ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souriquois View Post
Yeah. It's the worst flow of refugees since WWII. And during WWII, Canada turned away refugees.

They're not taking jobs or resources.

Sounds here like a case of Schrodinger's Immigrant... simultaneously leeching welfare while stealing your job.
More people living here actually causes an increased demand for things and more jobs to meet those demands usually. Let's not be too delusional almost no one from these types of countries walks in to a country like Canada and grabs the top jobs. Life is rarely that easy for anyone and if they do it is probably because they are extremely highly trained and education and we are going to be super luck to have them here.

Old 01-08-2016, 09:41 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times
Default We will see about that ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr3ssconyc View Post
Put own Citizen first.

RIP Canada
Ironically I grew up with many people that came to Canada as refugees ... most of which are actually highly educated and have significant enhanced this country. Maybe he is strategy is bring them in, help build then back up and then Canada can takes over the world eh lol !

Old 01-09-2016, 01:19 AM

10,635 posts, read 16,704,209 times
I've always been in favour of an open door policy for Canada. My opinion is as long as you're not a criminal and you are willing to come to Canada and follow Canadian laws and be a productive member of society, then I'll welcome you with open arms

Old 01-09-2016, 06:50 AM

869 posts, read 1,125,015 times
I dont know why people keep dissing Harper about this , he clearly stated he would have let refugees in albeit at a slower pace due to more thorough background checks...how is that so bad ?_ only sounds prudent to me considering where these come from

I welcome refugees but muslims aren't the most desirable_especially arab muslims , bottom of the list if you ask me....

Old 01-09-2016, 07:17 AM

112 posts, read 83,686 times
Only Ukrainian refugies , who lives neer to terrorrussia borders ! No danger of fundamental terrorism , high integrationability, civilised , from same european culture inviroment, hardworkind ect. ect .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada