U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 01:19 PM

5 posts, read 3,345 times

Advertisements

So, I've recently moved from Italy to Toronto, and one thing that has called my attention and made me really sad is how bad behaved kids here are. At my school, people go out at lunch just to smoke weed and do drugs. During class, I hear kids whispering about how many people they've had sex with in one weekend. Those kids are all 15 years old. My parents had the option to move to Toronto Montreal or Vancouver. I'm just wondering if the kids in those other cities are as bad or worse than the ones in Toronto? I just wanna make it clear that I absolutely loved Toronto, it's just their actions that made me a little disappointed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2016, 03:21 PM

4,811 posts, read 4,437,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloitsme123 View Post
So, I've recently moved from Italy to Toronto, and one thing that has called my attention and made me really sad is how bad behaved kids here are. At my school, people go out at lunch just to smoke weed and do drugs. During class, I hear kids whispering about how many people they've had sex with in one weekend. Those kids are all 15 years old. My parents had the option to move to Toronto Montreal or Vancouver. I'm just wondering if the kids in those other cities are as bad or worse than the ones in Toronto? I just wanna make it clear that I absolutely loved Toronto, it's just their actions that made me a little disappointed.
Oh my God are you serious? Teenagers smoking weed and having sex?? That's terrible!!! I have never heard of such disgusting behavior!! You should report this to your teacher or principal. I am sure they will take the appropriate actions to correct this.

I can assure you this does not happen elsewhere in Canada or in the world. I would get out of there if I were you.

Old 05-29-2016, 03:27 PM

12,581 posts, read 11,137,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Oh my God are you serious? Teenagers smoking weed and having sex?? That's terrible!!! I have never heard of such disgusting behavior!! You should report this to your teacher or principal. I am sure they will take the appropriate actions to correct this.

I can assure you this does not happen elsewhere in Canada or in the world. I would get out of there if I were you.
Well all I can say is I do smell a lot of weed in Toronto.. That is true.. I bet the weed happens before the sex.. Or weed and Netflix + chill... Entirely a Toronto phenomenon. The city is going to hell in a handbasket.

Wait - I thought it was hard for straight people to get laid in Toronto.. I'm confused lol..

Old 05-29-2016, 04:11 PM

6,754 posts, read 3,780,600 times
Default ?

Quote:
What part of Italy are you from? I am surprised you are so shocked by this. I was watching this movie called Perras (it is a Mexican) movie about 15 year old girls at this private school made in 2011 and honestly it seemed to me that teenagers have not changed all that much from when I was a teen. Your stereotypes remain the same. Regarding teens having sex... I went to good old Catholic school in Toronto and lets just say being in the religious educational environment did not have much of an effect on toning down this type of behaviour. I specifically remember hearing the most jaw dropping conversations between several female students while sitting at the back of class regarding the types of cars that where easier to have back seat sex in. Oh and this was during religion !

You also need to remember sometimes it is just people talking up things and then sometimes it actually did happen. There are those who actually do things, but just don't talk about it with other people and those who are just making up stuff to act cool. You don't have to conform as everyone is different. I never drank or did drugs ... actually ever even when around being drinking and doing drugs, just because it was not anything that appealed to me and I never understood why people could not have fun without doing these things. I honest perceived it a self confidence issue as I had no difficulty being wild and crazy without any enhancements. I am sure not everyone in school is like this. It is likely just a handful of people.

Old 05-29-2016, 04:20 PM

7,227 posts, read 6,579,297 times
Quote:
Kids in those other cities are the same. This happens with many teenagers in schools in all cities everywhere in North America.

Sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll ..... Yeeha!

Get used to it and ignore it, it's their choice and not your problem. If you don't like it then remember that nobody is twisting your arm to be friends with them. Just simply avoid them and don't do those same things yourself. Go make friends with other kids like yourself who don't do the things you disapprove of.

Old 05-29-2016, 04:33 PM

4,699 posts, read 8,489,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Kids in those other cities are the same. This happens with many teenagers in schools in all cities everywhere in North America.

Sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll ..... Yeeha!

Get used to it and ignore it, it's their choice and not your problem. If you don't like it then remember that nobody is twisting your arm to be friends with them. Just simply avoid them and don't do those same things yourself. Go make friends with other kids like yourself who don't do the things you disapprove of.

Or better yet, OP, be friends with them, and discover other shared interests or common ground. People are rarely black and white, and if you get to know people you'll often find something you like or can learn from, especially at that age. You're allowed to disagree with someone about something, and should defend your viewpoint if it comes up, while not necessarily ostracizing or shunning that person. Maybe they will learn from you and moderate their behaviour.

Old 05-29-2016, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
What part of Italy are you from? I am surprised you are so shocked by this. I was watching this movie called Perras (it is a Mexican) movie about 15 year old girls at this private school made in 2011 and honestly it seemed to me that teenagers have not changed all that much from when I was a teen. Your stereotypes remain the same. Regarding teens having sex... I went to good old Catholic school in Toronto and lets just say being in the religious educational environment did not have much of an effect on toning down this type of behaviour. I specifically remember hearing the most jaw dropping conversations between several female students while sitting at the back of class regarding the types of cars that where easier to have back seat sex in. Oh and this was during religion !

You also need to remember sometimes it is just people talking up things and then sometimes it actually did happen. There are those who actually do things, but just don't talk about it with other people and those who are just making up stuff to act cool. You don't have to conform as everyone is different. I never drank or did drugs ... actually ever even when around being drinking and doing drugs, just because it was not anything that appealed to me and I never understood why people could not have fun without doing these things. I honest perceived it a self confidence issue as I had no difficulty being wild and crazy without any enhancements. I am sure not everyone in school is like this. It is likely just a handful of people.
I'm from Verona

Old 05-29-2016, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post

It was just a huge cultural shock, people in Italy do that but it's not as public as it is here

Old 05-29-2016, 05:09 PM

6,754 posts, read 3,780,600 times
Default Oh ...

Quote:
I'm from Verona
Okay. I have never been to that part of Italy, but I would be surprised if other teens in Italy did not act this too? Especially ones that are from major cities or come families that are financially well off ( the ones like that in most cities are usually the wildest). I would suggest just trying to make friends with people you have more in common with. I am certain not everyone in your school is like this.

Old 05-29-2016, 05:14 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,485,759 times
Quote:
I'm from Verona
In any school, there will be a number of different groups of people. Some will smoke a lot of pot, some think that self-esteem is related to one night stands, there are athletes and IB high achievers, and the list goes on. Do what is important to you, you will find other like minded people, and just ignore the rest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or