U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2016, 02:44 AM

2,167 posts, read 1,750,098 times

Advertisements

A silly post, but we've recently had a census.

I think my cats should be included in the census. I've got four: Tigger, Shiloh, Fiona, and Hope. All cats, and all are great little guys.

Canadians, tell us about your cats or dogs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2016, 08:29 AM

10,847 posts, read 11,255,922 times
Do you intend to apply for passports for them?

Old 05-30-2016, 09:33 AM

5,691 posts, read 6,535,324 times
I have a 13 year old German shepherd called Mister. Bon vivant, former ladies' man, and chaser of cats. His name wasn't always Mister but it became clear he was der Herr, the Lord of the Manor, early on, and so Mister it was.

His number one girl, also a German shepherd, passed away this January.

And then I have Nina, a 4 year old red heeler, also known as my shadow, who follows me all day long, footstep for footstep. She also dances, which we learned together during one horrendous Manitoba winter when I was trying to find a way to direct her energy. She has rhythm. I sing "I know, it's only rock 'n roll but I like it" and we dance across the seasons, like true Manitobans, on snow drifts and fields. Stardom cannot be far away.

And then there is Dante the inside cat, and the bane of his life are the barn cats, of which there are three. He looks down his nose at barn cats.

Old 05-30-2016, 02:45 PM

6,754 posts, read 3,777,986 times
Man .. I forgot to complete that. I need to do that stupid thing by tomorrow before I get harassed !

Old 05-30-2016, 07:13 PM

7,223 posts, read 6,575,780 times
Do pet plants and pet rocks count?

I no longer have any pet animals but when I lived on my last hobby farm I had 4 working farm dogs, 3 cats, 2 goats, a flock of chickens, ducks, turkeys, geese and peacocks.

Old 06-01-2016, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Do you intend to apply for passports for them?
No. As animals, they don't need passports, just vaccination certificates, if they cross to the US. But at least one of my cats--Shiloh--has flown on Air Canada domestically. She didn't need to show any ID; both CATSA and Air Canada took my word as to her identity.

Old 06-01-2016, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
And then there is Dante the inside cat, and the bane of his life are the barn cats, of which there are three. He looks down his nose at barn cats.
LOL! My Shiloh--and San Francisco, Denver, and Annie, all of whom have passed now--all started their life as barn cats. They had their quirks, and Shiloh still does, but they were all great companions.

Old 06-01-2016, 04:11 AM

21,937 posts, read 27,338,144 times
I have pets but don't mistake them for humans. Sorry!

(I realize this thread is tongue in cheek BTW.)

Old 06-02-2016, 01:24 AM

149 posts, read 170,100 times
if I have a package of pop tarts should I include each individual pop tart in the consensus if I've had them for over one year and they are dependents? ...as in dependent on my appetite? what say old friends of the north, what say? ah the old north. Yea I remember my college days out on lake Mississauga with all my comrades. We would get down to our boxer shorts and go and play hockey on the frozen tundra. One of us would score a goal and the other team had to post their humiliation all over social media...by that I mean the other team scores, you take off your boxer shorts. Luckily there wasn't any internet out there, we ventured so far...so no one ever got the pics. Now this was before there was internet even. What I'm saying makes no sense at all. I have to go
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada