U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2016, 01:55 PM

21,954 posts, read 27,377,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
...but a teenager in a school for trouble youth did. Remember, all the information about Bin Laden and even the conversations on the planes were not made public the day of the tragedy.

To say that he knew AT THE VERY SECOND the plane hit, who was responsible is beyond belief to me.
Footage from the morning of Sept. 11, 2001. I guess these people are celebrating because they think the Montana Freemen or the Fort Lauderdale Golden Girls Bridge Club brought down the twin towers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV_eN4YEEI0

BTW, I am actually pro-Palestinian. Just trying to illustrate how it wasn't a big secret who was behind the attacks.

Relatives of the people on Flight 93 revealed fairly quickly that day that the hijackers described by their family members were Middle Eastern, spoke Arabic, and talked about Allah, jihad, etc.

Anyone who followed geopolitics at the time would have known from the information at hand who the perpetrators were likely to be.

The WTC was identified as a red-hot Al-Qaeda target. It was no secret to intelligence people or people who paid attention to the topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2016, 02:00 PM

5,692 posts, read 6,543,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I don't want mentally unstable people getting pumped up over radical Islam and shooting up gay nightclubs, and I don't want mentally unstable people getting riled up against the U.S. government and blowing up buildings in Oklahoma City either.
I agree. But the focus is then on 'mentally unstable' and the 'cause' is irrelevant as the mentally unstable will make up a cause.

Old 06-20-2016, 02:08 PM

14,212 posts, read 6,121,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Which harkens back to a point I made earlier. Until, and I'm perfectly willing to accept the fact if it does appear, he is connected directly to a terrorist network of some kind, he is just a mentally unstable nut job who was possibly closeted and self hating who used Islam as an excuse for his acting out his self-hatred.

Using the term " self - radicalized " is interesting. Of all the " self-radicalized " terrorists, how many turned out to be mentally unstable? Anyone know?

It seems a good way for the powers that be, to keep people afraid of " others " and paint 1.9 billion people as a threat.
As far as I'm concerned, every one of them were mentally unstable. Sane and rational people do not pledge allegiance to a terrorist organization that burns or buries people alive, or crucifies them, or chops their heads off and broadcasts the videos of it to the world.

The question people should be asking is why are there so many from this one religion drawn to it. There have been something like 28,000 Muslim terror attacks since 9/11. You can't even begin to compare that to the lone mass shooter who may have been bullied in school or what have you. They are attracted to that, and the ideology actually encourages it.

Their prophet was the "perfect" Muslim whom all Muslims should emulate. He told people they needed to kill unbelievers. Jesus told people to love everyone. People will pervert either religion, but the Christian isn't acting like a true Christian if he does that, whereas a Muslim can shout out God's name as he commits holy war as his prophet encouraged, and feel like he is doing God's work. And most Muslims would never do that, but a large minority of them do. We are talking millions of people here, not just a small few.

Yes, it is something we should worry about, and if 1.9 billion people are painted as a threat because millions of their co-religionists kill in the name of their religion, then maybe they will force them to reform. That's how things change. People have no problem calling out white supremacists, and rightly so. Islam is an ideology that has some very bad doctrine. Call it out I say.

Old 06-20-2016, 02:52 PM

29 posts, read 19,619 times
Americans need sensible gun laws. End of story.

Old 06-20-2016, 03:00 PM

14,212 posts, read 6,121,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser755 View Post
What are the gun laws in Canada?

Old 06-20-2016, 03:36 PM

733 posts, read 854,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
I agree. But the focus is then on 'mentally unstable' and the 'cause' is irrelevant as the mentally unstable will make up a cause.
Yep. Until they can prove he took his orders from the top sheik, knew the secret handshake and had his bedroom plastered with Osama bin laden posters then he was just a victim of that dismal American healthcare system , or lack thereof, who failed to diagnose him and only took advantage of the insane gun laws down there to prove a point.

Dont mind me I am only trying to blend into the uber tolerant Canadian crowd.

Old 06-20-2016, 03:40 PM

6,043 posts, read 11,221,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser755 View Post
pretty sure it's already illegal to murder people with a gun in America -

what other law would you have homophobic terrorists ignore?

Old 06-20-2016, 04:24 PM

29 posts, read 19,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippyman View Post
pretty sure it's already illegal to murder people with a gun in America -

what other law would you have homophobic terrorists ignore?
Don't beat around the bush, in Canada we our laws are so strict we can't legally carry a hand gun and our communities are the safest in North America. If the U.S had Canadian gun laws you wouldn't be having these problems. Your government needs to take your guns away.

Old 06-20-2016, 04:53 PM

4,811 posts, read 4,446,854 times
I remember that day well, some Muslim students from Concordia tried to have their own little celebration by guy-concordia. They were shut down real quick.

Quote:
Footage from the morning of Sept. 11, 2001. I guess these people are celebrating because they think the Montana Freemen or the Fort Lauderdale Golden Girls Bridge Club brought down the twin towers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV_eN4YEEI0

BTW, I am actually pro-Palestinian. Just trying to illustrate how it wasn't a big secret who was behind the attacks.

Relatives of the people on Flight 93 revealed fairly quickly that day that the hijackers described by their family members were Middle Eastern, spoke Arabic, and talked about Allah, jihad, etc.

Anyone who followed geopolitics at the time would have known from the information at hand who the perpetrators were likely to be.

The WTC was identified as a red-hot Al-Qaeda target. It was no secret to intelligence people or people who paid attention to the topic.

Old 06-20-2016, 04:58 PM

4,811 posts, read 4,446,854 times
Quote:
Omar Mateen was almost certainly not connected to a terrorist network of some kind.

But so what if he "self-radicalized"? There are still 49 people dead and 53 maimed as a result.

Some comfort.
Don't waste you time. Had this been a Christian, the religios connection would not be questioned, which is fine because I am not really a fan of Chrisitianity. Since he was a muslim we have to over look that despite the fact of the recording that came out today, we still have to over look it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada