Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2016, 03:04 PM

18,492 posts, read 15,334,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
You do know you're wasting your typing time on here Nat?

They're in the proverbial eye of the hurricane now and they know it.

Catch 22; they have no choice now but to ride this runaway juggernaut to the end of the line. Untold thousands more are doomed before they will even consider coming to their senses. Firearm owners are fooling themselves if they believe the day is never coming where enough of the population becomes fed up to the extent they push for extreme measures to address this conundrum.

At this time as witnessed on here in any number of threads they have arrived at the juncture of pigeonholing the two positions in childish acronyms of "liberals" and "conservatives" regardless of common sense suggesting equal measures of either on opposite sides of both positions. They will continue to slang each other in a parody of the schoolyard bullies until the majority populace revolts and forces measures that restrict individual rights and freedoms like never before and then their grand experiment is over.

All because they've immaturely attached their freedoms and liberties to a piece of inert metal other countries have disdained for the plague it is upon advanced sociological development.
LOL. I deserve that, since I said the same to you about Saturno.

Ya, it's sad and weird at the same time. I'm not even anti-gun. I'm VERY pro strict gun control. Heck my dad had a gun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2016, 03:17 PM

2,869 posts, read 4,421,731 times
In the Dallas police shooting......the Dallas Police used a new tactic. They sent in a radio controlled robot, that had a one pound charge of C4 on it. When it was close to the shooter, it was detonated. That ended that part of the situation, for sure. Perhaps that is a way to deal with the "I want to kill people " idiots ..... just use whatever is required to kill them. Hand grenades, rocket propelled grenades, or fire bombs.

Of course, that method is reserved for those who have all ready murdered somebody, and they are holed up, with out any hostages being held. The cost of burning down a house, or blowing it up, is a mere pittance, compared to the cost of keeping the idiot alive in prison, for life.

Perhaps a 20 minute period to consider their fate....Come out, naked, so we can see that you have no weapons on you............Or we are going to come in and KILL YOU, anyway we can. You make your choice, and either live or die.

Of course, that will never happen, the progressives would crap in their pants if that was done.

Jim B.

Old 07-08-2016, 03:58 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,297,910 times
A shooting in Dallas? Again? Jesus.........

Old 07-08-2016, 04:07 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,354,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
LOL. I deserve that, since I said the same to you about Saturno.

Ya, it's sad and weird at the same time. I'm not even anti-gun. I'm VERY pro strict gun control. Heck my dad had a gun.
I've a very early history of firearms ownership and usage spanning many years when younger. I started off plinking groundhogs for bounty for local diary farmers back in the late 1950's in then rural Ontario and hunted throughout the Pacific northwest and far northern Ontario during my frequent leaves from the RCN while stationed at Esquimalt during the early sixties. Even carried a heirloom large frame Webley .455 break-back revolver as a back up in an old WWII surplus webbing shoulder holster while out there for my couple of weeks at a time of hiking and hunting.

I am more than familiar with the carrying of a large caliber handgun and would desire a root canal done through my anus before ever deigning to carry a weapon like that again for the reasons of self defence. If Canada ever gets that bad so as to occasion justification of that type of thinking....me and mine are outta here tuite-suite and won't look back.

That is the single greatest admission of failure a so-called developed nation could ever imagine, significant numbers of it's citizens willingly lugging around a couple of pounds of iron in their pants so as to merely go about their daily lives with some confidence in their safety.

Old 07-11-2016, 01:07 AM

3,861 posts, read 3,230,270 times
Quote:
The irony.

Lovely society you've got there. Citizens needing guns to protect other citizens from people with guns. Your post, trying to prove how good guns are fails miserably if your point is pro-gun.
....and you fail miserably trying to prove that I ever said "guns are good".......

Quote:
Now more deaths and shootings in Dallas. On and on and on and on it goes.

You can have it.

.....because the shooting in Dallas has something to do with gun control...right??

Old 07-11-2016, 01:13 AM

Quote:
That is the single greatest admission of failure a so-called developed nation could ever imagine, significant numbers of it's citizens willingly lugging around a couple of pounds of iron in their pants so as to merely go about their daily lives with some confidence in their safety.

.....great...a beautiful cliche expression seasoned with a good dosage of cheap "judgementalism" for a good measure...

Old 07-11-2016, 11:41 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,354,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
.....great...a beautiful cliche expression seasoned with a good dosage of cheap "judgementalism" for a good measure...
At this point, any attempt to express factual assessments regarding U.S. and firearms is going be a cliché and seem judgemental. It's gone on for so long with no apparent resolution that everything that could be said other than to pat you on the back and say: "there, there it will be all right" is going to be a repetitive refrain negative in context.

Why do you think a country being so ineffably stupid as far and firearms is concerned should be given the benefit of the doubt.

Do you not give a rip about how that clinging to your firearms relates to your neighbours welfare at all? The majority of firearms used to commit crimes in Canada are coming from the U.S. The U.S. certainly has no shortage of opinions when it comes to their security and Canada's immigration policies.

You're never going to be safer with more firearms, NEVER. It shouldn't take a million or so more preventable deaths to show you that based upon proof evident from the million you've already endured.

More Americans killed by guns since 1968 than in all U.S. wars, columnist Nicholas Kristof writes | PunditFact
And that's just since 1968!

Judgemental versus blindly obstinate? I'll take door number one thank you.

I'll stand by my previous comment regarding your choice being ONE only because you're long past the common sense tipping point decades ago.

Old 07-11-2016, 02:39 PM

18,492 posts, read 15,334,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
....and you fail miserably trying to prove that I ever said "guns are good".......

.....because the shooting in Dallas has something to do with gun control...right??
Semantics.

Your posts are pro gun. Simple fact. If someone is " for " something, they must see some good in it.

Alway, BruSan has summed this up nicely.

Old 07-11-2016, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Semantics.

Your posts are pro gun. Simple fact. If someone is " for " something, they must see some good in it.

Alway, BruSan has summed this up nicely.

I'm against restricting people choices...and I do not mock, ridicule or demonize people that are lawfully armed, they do not bother me and they do not bother you but somehow you and your friend BruSan feel entitled to past judgement....I already said that I would actually tweak some current gun regulation......BruSan, as usual, is trying to demonize private legal gun ownership as the root of evil....I'm not even bother to reply again to someone with such a strong ideological bent.

Old 07-11-2016, 02:54 PM

Quote:
The majority of firearms used to commit crimes in Canada are coming from the U.S.

Since I have done it more than once before, as I said already to Nat, I'm not going to reply to your rant again.....about this point you made, I posted you an article to seems to point otherwise so , at minimum, your point is debatable.....however in the end is your country so check your damn border better if you want to stop this allegedly flow of firearms.
Canada custom knows damn well I have a concealed pistol permit, they ask me often at the border and I reply affirmatively (and they do know already anyway)...they never ever checked my car for firearms so far.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada