U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2016, 03:44 PM

3,153 posts, read 2,076,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
You do know that you're confirming everything I've stated about the proliferation of them leading to there being all sorts of illegal ones out there to replace those that "melted". My point exactly.

I repeat; that horse left the barn decades ago. I'm not a gun grabber per-se as I think any effort mean't to remove all those firearms from licensed owners would result in out and out war in your streets.

That's the very ethic I've been addressing from the beginning. The thought process that has inundated your thinking to the extent your guns are more important to you than your other civil liberties.

I do not understand what we should have done differently (related to firearms....there are many other things that America could/should have done differently, but that is another discussion)

Better background check programs?? Yes, I'll give you that...

You need to accept that America is a more violent society than Canada, legal firearms or not and its real ills are outside of the gun ownership realm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 07:57 PM

18,328 posts, read 10,403,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
I do not understand what we should have done differently (related to firearms....there are many other things that America could/should have done differently, but that is another discussion)

Better background check programs?? Yes, I'll give you that...

You need to accept that America is a more violent society than Canada, legal firearms or not and its real ills are outside of the gun ownership realm.

I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada