Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2016, 05:13 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser755 View Post
Don't beat around the bush, in Canada we our laws are so strict we can't legally carry a hand gun and our communities are the safest in North America. If the U.S had Canadian gun laws you wouldn't be having these problems. Your government needs to take your guns away.
The United States borders some of the worst narco states in the world, and guns would never disappear. We would just have more guns in the hands of criminals and a new black market, making your country then border a terrible narco/arms state. Oh, after a bloody civil war first because there is no way people here will give up their right to defend themselves guaranteed in our constitution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2016, 05:15 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,403,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
The United States borders some of the worst narco states in the world.
Really, how many Narco states does the US border? LOL

Old 06-20-2016, 05:19 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,552,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Footage from the morning of Sept. 11, 2001. I guess these people are celebrating because they think the Montana Freemen or the Fort Lauderdale Golden Girls Bridge Club brought down the twin towers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV_eN4YEEI0

BTW, I am actually pro-Palestinian. Just trying to illustrate how it wasn't a big secret who was behind the attacks.

Relatives of the people on Flight 93 revealed fairly quickly that day that the hijackers described by their family members were Middle Eastern, spoke Arabic, and talked about Allah, jihad, etc.

Anyone who followed geopolitics at the time would have known from the information at hand who the perpetrators were likely to be.

The WTC was identified as a red-hot Al-Qaeda target. It was no secret to intelligence people or people who paid attention to the topic.
On the morning of. I'm not saying that information wouldn't have come to him eventually, but he ALLEGEDLY cheered AT THE MOMENT THE PLANE HIT. That is a HUGE difference.

Anyone who followed geopolitics....yes, could have had a good GUESS. However, he wasn't a good student. He was a troubled youth. I seriously doubt he followed geopolitics closely if at all.

Old 06-20-2016, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Footage from the morning of Sept. 11, 2001. I guess these people are celebrating because they think the Montana Freemen or the Fort Lauderdale Golden Girls Bridge Club brought down the twin towers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV_eN4YEEI0

BTW, I am actually pro-Palestinian. Just trying to illustrate how it wasn't a big secret who was behind the attacks.

Relatives of the people on Flight 93 revealed fairly quickly that day that the hijackers described by their family members were Middle Eastern, spoke Arabic, and talked about Allah, jihad, etc.

Anyone who followed geopolitics at the time would have known from the information at hand who the perpetrators were likely to be.

The WTC was identified as a red-hot Al-Qaeda target. It was no secret to intelligence people or people who paid attention to the topic.
How are you pro-Palestinian after watching that? I used to be pro-Palestinian, but then I realized they don't deserve that country. What would they do if handed over one of the most prosperous and socially tolerant countries in the Middle East? Would they continue in the vein of Israel, who gives us advances in medicine and technology that benefits the world? No! It would turn back into the same crap hole it probably was before Israel came along. And what they would do to the Israelis if given the chance I don't even want to think about. They have legitimate reasons to be mad, but they lost the war. Get over it. If they could live peacefully with Israel, they too would enjoy the prosperity. But they preach from the pulpits that Jews are pigs and the only thing they want to see is them at the bottom of the ocean.

Old 06-20-2016, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Really, how many Narco states does the US border? LOL
Mexico, then under them all the other Latin American countries. Brazil alone had nearly 60,000 murders in 2014. They have actually had proposals to make it easier for their citizens to obtain guns. Why? Because people should have a right to not be sitting ducks.

Brazil Has Nearly 60,000 Murders, And It May Relax Gun Laws : Parallels : NPR

Old 06-20-2016, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
On the morning of. I'm not saying that information wouldn't have come to him eventually, but he ALLEGEDLY cheered AT THE MOMENT THE PLANE HIT. That is a HUGE difference.

Anyone who followed geopolitics....yes, could have had a good GUESS. However, he wasn't a good student. He was a troubled youth. I seriously doubt he followed geopolitics closely if at all.
With his dad? I am quite sure he was very well versed in geopolitics of the region. Far more than the other kids in that class.

Old 06-20-2016, 05:30 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,403,667 times
Quote:
Mexico, then under them all the other Latin American countries. Brazil alone had nearly 60,000 murders in 2014. They have actually had proposals to make it easier for their citizens to obtain guns. Why? Because people should have a right to not be sitting ducks.

Brazil Has Nearly 60,000 Murders, And It May Relax Gun Laws : Parallels : NPR

Oh I Thought Canada was the biggest Narco state. Cities like Moncton and moose jaw are just over flowing with heroin. I thought maybe you knew about that already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xnFR53lWAs

Old 06-20-2016, 05:33 PM

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned, every one of them were mentally unstable. Sane and rational people do not pledge allegiance to a terrorist organization that burns or buries people alive, or crucifies them, or chops their heads off and broadcasts the videos of it to the world.

The question people should be asking is why are there so many from this one religion drawn to it. There have been something like 28,000 Muslim terror attacks since 9/11. You can't even begin to compare that to the lone mass shooter who may have been bullied in school or what have you. They are attracted to that, and the ideology actually encourages it.

Their prophet was the "perfect" Muslim whom all Muslims should emulate. He told people they needed to kill unbelievers. Jesus told people to love everyone. People will pervert either religion, but the Christian isn't acting like a true Christian if he does that, whereas a Muslim can shout out God's name as he commits holy war as his prophet encouraged, and feel like he is doing God's work. And most Muslims would never do that, but a large minority of them do. We are talking millions of people here, not just a small few.

Yes, it is something we should worry about, and if 1.9 billion people are painted as a threat because millions of their co-religionists kill in the name of their religion, then maybe they will force them to reform. That's how things change. People have no problem calling out white supremacists, and rightly so. Islam is an ideology that has some very bad doctrine. Call it out I say.
Not that I can get into the mind of a terrorist, but I doubt they see themselves as terrorists. Were Japanese Kamikaze pilots mentally unstable?

There is a distinction, between having a sane person manipulated to a cause, and an insane person grabbing onto a cause.

Were US soldiers mentally unstable because they went to war to kill in the 2nd Iraq war? No, they truly believed the LIE that Iraq was responsible for 911.

Smarter people than me, can answer why certain Muslims are committing these tragedies. From I've read, the general drift is that the west has been poking the middle-east in the eye. Bombing has killed not only terrorists, but children, families, hospitals and medical sites.
No wonder some go wonky and want to pay the west back.

Should the world be worried about Islamic terrorism? Of course. Should the world keeps it's eye on the ball and focus on the terrorists themselves, or some LONE nut job who yells Allah?

The questions I wish I knew the answer to is this. If he was so pro radical Islam, why didn't the school system or friends who weren't notify someone? How does someone who is constantly described as " unstable " get a job at a security company? Finally, what IF he had to jump through more hoops IE having to go onto the black market to get his gun? Would he have slipped up and be notice by authorities?

Last edited by Natnasci; 06-20-2016 at 06:06 PM..

Old 06-20-2016, 05:36 PM

Quote:
With his dad? I am quite sure he was very well versed in geopolitics of the region. Far more than the other kids in that class.
You're guessing.

Old 06-20-2016, 05:37 PM

Quote:
The United States borders some of the worst narco states in the world, and guns would never disappear. We would just have more guns in the hands of criminals and a new black market, making your country then border a terrible narco/arms state. Oh, after a bloody civil war first because there is no way people here will give up their right to defend themselves guaranteed in our constitution.
I agree, you guys are F*****
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada