U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2016, 04:22 PM

47 posts, read 80,443 times

Advertisements

So I'm driving my US car back to the US from Canada via the Peace Bridge, and on the way out, I need to let the Canadian authorities know that it's leaving.

Anyone know where exactly I need to go? I don't want to miss it and end up on the bridge without having done the paperwork.

(I've been to the nearby Nexus office before, but I'm sure that can't be the right place for this.)

For anyone interested, this is the end of the car's saga described here.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 10:32 PM

1,723 posts, read 5,139,215 times
Make the u turn to return to Canada right before crossing the bridge then go back through the customs both and tell them you made a u turn so you could go inside the cbsa building to export the car.

Old 06-22-2016, 02:35 AM

34,365 posts, read 41,446,089 times
I'd just drive the car across the border in a normal way,if theres anything needing to be filled out and signed (which i doubt)the US customs agent will point you in the right direction.

Old 06-22-2016, 06:59 PM

1,723 posts, read 5,139,215 times
Jambo is wrong. Export at the Canadian office before entering the usa.

Old 06-23-2016, 10:46 AM

47 posts, read 80,443 times
Mission accomplished.

jambo101, it was the Canadians that I needed to notify, so that I'd have a record that I had taken the car out of Canada as required, since it was a temporary import.

I drove to the office at 2 Peace Bridge Plaza. One side of the building opens onto the actual bridge plaza, but I came in on the other side, i.e. without going to the bridge itself, since I wasn't sure that I would be able to get to the office from the plaza side.

I found a very helpful CBSA officer, who asked me for forms that I wasn't given when I brought the car in. All I had was my copy of the Form 1. She consulted with a supervisor, and since I hadn't paid any deposit or anything when I brought the car in, she graciously stamped my Form 1 to show that the car had been exported.

Then I drove over the bridge and sold the car in Buffalo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or