U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Mexican citizens require a visa to visit Canada for tourism?
Yes 29 60.42%
No 19 39.58%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 06:13 AM

18,259 posts, read 10,360,166 times

Advertisements

I tend to go to the issue of the cost associated with processing each refugee application. If it's costing a bundle to process and investigate fraudulent claims, why not look at how to reduce the cost to process refugee claims in general without cherry picking which claims are generating the most cost.

Surely there's a method by which some analyst can audit our process system and find a cheaper way other than paying civil service bureaucrats a ton of salary and bennies to sit in a cubicle and shuffle paper?

With all of the NSA snooping and sharing of what once was considered private info about our citizens info between Canada and the U.S. you'd think extending that arrangement to include Mexicans would be as simple as entering a database and looking up someone's name to verify they're experiencing some form of persecution or not.

Tit for tat so to speak, if Mexico is feeling unduly put upon by being required to apply for travel visas to Canada simply insist they submit to the same sorts of open scrutiny and record keeping Canada and the U.S. have agreed to share with each other about everything pertinent such as our personal hygiene habits and credit history.

My waist size is 36" and my inseam is 30" inches.......... can I come in now?

I'm sure they'd agree that having the U.S. and Canada gaining access to their financials and other private information is no biggy, especially in all other aspects of a supposedly civilized first world nation Canada and the U.S. claim to practice the "innocent until proven guilty" aspect while Mexico is strangely protecting their citizens rights in this regard while still adhering to a form of Napoleonic law of "proof of innocence being required".

I find all of this nonsense oxymoronic in the extreme.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 12:08 PM

10,847 posts, read 11,250,780 times
ok, it is official the visa requirement will be lifted as of Dec 1. I wholly support it.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...dian-beef.html

Old 06-28-2016, 12:42 PM

4,231 posts, read 2,711,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
ok, it is official the visa requirement will be lifted as of Dec 1. I wholly support it.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...dian-beef.html
There'll be a major wave of illegal immigration!!

They'll come in freely and won't leave.

Good luck with that guys.

Old 06-28-2016, 12:56 PM

10,130 posts, read 11,866,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post

I think Canada needs more Latinos... I think this is a positive decision

Old 06-28-2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
I think Canada needs more Latinos... I think this is a positive decision
I agree. We need more people in general. I think Canada's visa restriction is overly restrictive and snobbish. We should allow more South Americans to enter visa free too, Argentina, Brazil. Right now Chile is the only S American country.

Old 06-28-2016, 01:22 PM

Quote:

that's a typical American way of thinking: already fear others will come and not leave. Get over yourself already, seriously.

Did America's policy prevent illegal immigration? No. In reality, such a policy discourages tourism and business trips, and does little to prevent illegal immigration.

Old 06-28-2016, 01:32 PM

3,153 posts, read 2,069,563 times
I wonder based on what ground a Mexican citizen could possibly claim refugee status in Canada...Mexico is not officially considered an oppressive, undemocratic regime and political persecution is generally not an issue. Living in a highly corrupt country I do not think qualify as reason for claiming refugee status.

Mexico is a solid middle income country comparable to a eastern European nation....refugee claims from Mexican citizens should have been tossed automatically.

Old 06-28-2016, 01:55 PM

4,231 posts, read 2,711,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
that's a typical American way of thinking: already fear others will come and not leave. Get over yourself already, seriously.

Did America's policy prevent illegal immigration? No. In reality, such a policy discourages tourism and business trips, and does little to prevent illegal immigration.
Cause we have sh**ty politicians refusing to apply the law!!

They ruined our country.

We have a 3rd world country in our country with 11M people

Old 06-28-2016, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
I wonder based on what ground a Mexican citizen could claim refugee status in Canada...Mexico is not officially considered an oppressive, undemocratic regime and political persecution is generally not an issue. Living in a highly corrupt country I do not think qualify as reason for claiming refugee status.

Mexico is a solid middle income country comparable to a eastern European nation....refugee claims from Mexican citizens should have been tossed automatically.
Most refugee claims are shams. 90% of the "refugees" from China were never under any threat or persecution. They just took advantage of the system.

This category should really be processed with the highest rigidity because there is so much cheating.

Old 06-28-2016, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Cause we have sh**ty politicians refusing to apply the law!!

They ruined our country.

We have a 3rd world country in our country with 11M people
And when you are against illegal immigration, you are labeled as "racist".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or