Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Mexican citizens require a visa to visit Canada for tourism?
Yes 29 60.42%
No 19 39.58%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 07:33 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,775,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
They need visas to enter US or hey jump over the wall

I think it's a very stupid move to surrender these political visa removals

They do not need visas to enter the USA. They need a tourist card to travel more than 25 miles north of the border which is much like the tourist card that Mexico requires. Mexicans require a valid Mexican passport and some proof that they are residents of Mexico. My wife is Mexican and her family frequently visits the US traveling in the interior. They just pick up the form at the border when they enter. It is valid for 6 months and has no limits on it other then they can't work in the US.

Last edited by JohnSoCal; 07-15-2016 at 07:43 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2016, 06:26 PM

35 posts, read 29,524 times
I don't think Canada has the same things to worry about regarding Mexican migrants that the US does. The impression I have is that there is only one country they desire to migrate to, and that is the US. Many of the Mexicans here are here temporarily and don't seem to desire becoming permanent residents (I think our weather deters them lol). The whole visa thing became a debacle because Mexicans decided to take offense to something that I thought was pretty self-explanatory. Or maybe they thought it was somehow a gesture of arrogance that we pick and choose who's allowed entrance into our country or something, and we decided they were a little more questionable than most. Personally, I am not and never have been against the visa requirement enforced on Mexicans in order for them to come to Canada, I just don't see the point. Perhaps I am naive though.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
A visa isn't going to stop someone from coming. It's done mainly as a political statement. Look at the EU threatening Canada and the USA about visa's. It's sabre rattling.

Mexico is a trading partner and part of NAFTA. A country that we have good relations with. If we don't remove the Visa's, expect Mexico to slap one on us.
Cuba is a nicer vacation spot anyway.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
People from around the world visiting or immigrating to Canada is not a problem for Canadians. We'll leave obsessions of incoming cultures and lifestyles to the Trump worshipers .
Speak for yourself. If you choose to be a naive duntz, that's on you. But I don't see why we have to put anyone else's safety at risk due to a terrorist attack because we all adopted your mentality.

Old 07-24-2016, 07:31 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myunsatisfyinginput View Post
Speak for yourself. If you choose to be a naive duntz, that's on you. But I don't see why we have to put anyone else's safety at risk due to a terrorist attack because we all adopted your mentality.
Yeah, but that's an interesting feature of a functioning democracy, your irrational fear does not trump (pun intended) common sense as displayed by a majority and those they've elected to represent them.

Don't fret, you'll still have your bunker in Piapot Sask to hide in when you hear a loud noise.

Old 07-24-2016, 07:33 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,775,888 times
Quote:
I agree with you 100%. Europe is paying the price for this.

Old 07-24-2016, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Yeah, but that's an interesting feature of a functioning democracy, your irrational fear does not trump (pun intended) common sense as displayed by a majority and those they've elected to represent them.

Don't fret, you'll still have your bunker in Piapot Sask to hide in when you hear a loud noise.
"Irrational fear", oh yeah right. That's what Orlando, Paris, Nice, London, Barcelona, San Bernadino, Boston, etc, have all been. You got me. You know ISIS, they're just a figment of my imagination.

Well, if your "functioning democracy" is just, hopefully my figment will target you first, when your naivete backfires (pun intended).

Old 07-24-2016, 07:53 PM

10,635 posts, read 16,701,596 times
I don't see how whether to let Mexicans into Canada for tourism without a visa has anything to do with ISIS. Last I checked, ISIS isn't active there.

Old 07-24-2016, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneb78 View Post
I don't see how whether to let Mexicans into Canada for tourism without a visa has anything to do with ISIS. Last I checked, ISIS isn't active there.
Maybe follow the conversation before weighing in.

Old 07-25-2016, 05:07 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,289,364 times
Quote:
Maybe follow the conversation before weighing in.
Maybe try sticking to the topic of the thread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada