U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2016, 09:09 AM

7 posts, read 4,138 times

Advertisements

My partner and I currently live in the Crystal Beach area of Niagara and are thinking of moving to Leamington or a new beginning. We are both mid 50's and will need to work at least 5 more years before we can retire. Jobs needed in the areas of hospitality and the other in social services/health care.
We would be interested in knowing what area of Leamington/Kingsville would be best for a gay couple to be able to live without constant problems like gossip and right wing minded religious people. Also, any help on housing prices and entertainment would be great too.We are not bar people and would like to make some new friends, any venues for that in the area?
Thanks very much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2016, 02:40 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,353,097 times
Both towns are great, but I would choose Kingsville, great little downtown with a really strong restaurant scene and cute shops, lots of bed and breakfasts, a nice waterfront park and beach, and a great folk festival as well. It's the more liberal of the two towns.

Kingsville is a bit trendier whereas Leamington is a bit more blue collar, and is bigger.

Both are in the EPIC wine country region and have great wineries and a growing tourism industry. Also a big fruit growing region with many small farms, and roadside produce stands are everywhere.

Old 07-12-2016, 04:11 PM

83 posts, read 243,749 times
I'd agree that Kingsville would be the better option. You're also a bit closer to Windsor there for any bigger city needs. Overall, Essex County in general is more liberal-leaning than the other rural areas of southwestern Ontario or midwestern Ontario.

Old 07-13-2016, 06:20 AM

Thanks North 42 and Monty870, you both have been a great help. I am wondering what the healthcare situation is in Kingsville area and if there is any gay community or would that be primarily in Windsor? If we decided to move to Kingsville we would be buying a house and have a budget of $250.000-$300.000.We like trees and larger yards as we garden so would want a walkable area that is safe. Any help is appreciated!

Old 07-13-2016, 07:43 AM

There's a hospital in leamington, so there should not be any problem.

As for a gay scene in kingsville, I'm sure there is a small one, but I'm not really sure.

Old 07-14-2016, 11:38 AM

Thanks again for the information. As far as housing prices and areas within Kingsville, where would a male couple live? Any street names or area would help a great deal, thanks again.

Old 07-23-2016, 11:12 AM

Essex County ranks among safest communities in Canada | Windsor Star
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or