U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2017, 11:58 PM

12,581 posts, read 11,128,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
My heart goes out to all those in low lying areas. Having been flooded once many years ago from failed sump pumps I can empathize with anyone going through that.
I didn't realize how bad it was until I started reading more and more about it. Hopefully the waters recede quickly and people are able to recover as soon as possible from this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2017, 05:25 AM

21,937 posts, read 27,320,303 times
Thanks guys. I am high and dry.

Helping out with sandbags though.

Getting around town is a total nightmare right now.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:38 AM

Good to hear you weren't directly impact!

Old 05-08-2017, 07:44 PM

18,262 posts, read 10,360,166 times
I'm looking at youtube drone overflight videos and the West Island is a mess!

People are now expressing how upset they are at the lack of help forthcoming from anyone other than their friends and neighbours.

This is going to cost multiple millions to repair.

It will be a long time before this fades from peoples memories.

Old 05-12-2017, 10:48 AM

3,897 posts, read 2,723,463 times
Canada’s spies are examining ‘vulnerabilities’ in election system: https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...on-system.html

I'm glad to see this is being looked into well before the 2019 election.

This is what happened in France: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...hind-us-attack

Quote:
The Daily Beast claimed that rather than being faked by the hackers or those reposting the data, the bogus information had been planted by the Macron campaign, which had become aware it was the target of a phishing campaign and flooded the hackers with false information.

The Macron campaign reportedly turned the spear phishing strategy against the attackers, by flooding “these addresses with multiple passwords and logins, true ones, false ones, so the people behind them use up a lot of time trying to figure them out”, according to Mahjoubi. As well as the fake documents that he alleged had been added by the hackers, “there is also information that we had sent in counter-retaliation for phishing attempts”, he told Radio France.

Old 05-12-2017, 02:36 PM

12,670 posts, read 8,737,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Canada’s spies are examining ‘vulnerabilities’ in election system: https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...on-system.html

I'm glad to see this is being looked into well before the 2019 election.

This is what happened in France: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...hind-us-attack
The world we live in. Sigh. It has to be done. Losing trust in our election process would be disastrous.

Old 05-24-2017, 10:43 PM

Canada Continues to Attract International Retailers

Quote:
Canada continues to be one of the world’s top markets for international brands seeking to open freestanding stores. A substantial number of retailers opened their first stores in Canada last year, and the trend will continue into 2017 and beyond.*

Old 05-25-2017, 03:17 PM

3,897 posts, read 2,723,463 times
Canada to host 2018 G7 meeting in small Quebec town | Globalnews.ca

Old 05-28-2017, 10:33 AM

Get Ready for Peak Oil Demand

Quote:
The world’s largest oil companies are girding for the biggest shift in energy consumption since the Industrial Revolution: After decades of growth, global demand for oil is poised to peak and fall in the coming years.New technologies that improve fuel efficiency are starting to push down the amount of gasoline and diesel that’s needed for transportation, and a consensus is growing that fuel demand for passenger cars could fall as carbon rules go into effect, electric vehicles gain traction and the internal combustion engine gets re-engineered to be dramatically more efficient. Western countries’ growth used to move in lockstep with their energy consumption, but that phenomenon is starting to decouple in advanced economies.

Old 05-28-2017, 01:27 PM

Andrew Scheer not the only winner in Conservative leadership race - Politics - CBC News

Now that Andrew Scheer is the leader of the Conservative Party and leader of the Official Opposition I've pretty much cemented my 2019 vote for Trudeau. The NDP is in total limbo these days. Anyway - this is what Sheer had to say about gay marriage back in 2004 re: the Civil Marriage Act.

"is abhorrent to me … and to every member of every faith community”. He later went on to vote to reopen the debate on the definition of marriage in 2006 two years after gay marriage became legal in our land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or