U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2016, 06:59 AM

1,284 posts, read 898,913 times

Advertisements

Thanks for thinking of and creating this thread; it's a good idea.

Most Canadian heist? Goalie swipes cases of brew from beer store

RCMP in Manitoba have posted a YouTube video of two men, one of whom is dressed in beer-league goalie equipment, who smashed their way into a vendor and made off with cases of brewskies.

Under the glare of streetlight, the netminder runs off with a case in each hand and a goalstick under his arm.

Don't forget to read the comments following the article; some are very funny.

Here's another link to the story with more comments.

Cops bewildered by brew burglar in goalie gear

"I'm sure they'll catch the culprit when the back-up gets sent over the boards to return the empties."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2016, 11:42 AM

3,900 posts, read 2,725,320 times
Quote:
Out of 80 countries, Canada ranked number 1 in 2015 when tallying up how many litres of coffee per capita we gulped down at food service joints like cafes.

The country also scored third highest for the total amount of brewed coffee we consumed both inside and outside the home an average of 152 litres per person. The statistics were compiled by global marketing research company, Euromonitor.
Why Canadians drink more coffee than most people in the world - Business - CBC News

Old 09-08-2016, 11:34 AM

Donald Trump in the White House? Canadians are increasingly worried about it - Politics - CBC News

Quote:
In the survey, conducted by Insights West last week, 79 per cent of respondents said they are "very concerned" or "moderately concerned" about the possibility of the Republican nominee becoming the president of the United States.

Old 09-08-2016, 01:37 PM

18,265 posts, read 10,366,114 times
And another poll would show that Canadians would be "disgusted" with a Hillary ascendancy to the throne due to her and hubbies history of corruption and malfeasance.

SO WHAT ?

Ask a pointed question receive an answer, that's not indicative of choice either way. Neither of the two leading candidates would have been on the ballot if Canadians had any say in the matter as they both represent what we would call the "dregs" of the American political scene. We don't have a say and for good reason.

If American policy is going to be crafted that negatively impacts Canada, I say hurry up and get on with it so we can deal with the reality of it one way or the other.

Hopefully it won't involve Trudeau junior emulating a cuckolded husband sleeping in his garage while his wife's boyfriend is upstairs in his bed.

Old 09-08-2016, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
And another poll would show that Canadians would be "disgusted" with a Hillary ascendancy to the throne due to her and hubbies history of corruption and malfeasance.
I guess you didn't read the article:

Quote:
By contrast, only 42 per cent said the same thing about his Democratic rival Hillary Clinton. In addition, concern about a Clinton presidency was far less intense. Just 20 per cent said they were "very concerned," compared to 65 per cent who felt that way about a Trump victory.

Old 09-08-2016, 07:35 PM

293 posts, read 161,671 times
CBC is known for its leftist propaganda (unfortunately, like most Canadian news media). All these polls can be easily rigged.

At my work (software engineering company) I don't know anyone who is supporting Hillary. Maybe because we work and pay taxes

Old 09-08-2016, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_wanderer View Post
CBC is known for its leftist propaganda (unfortunately, like most Canadian news media). All these polls can be easily rigged.

At my work (software engineering company) I don't know anyone who is supporting Hillary. Maybe because we work and pay taxes
The poll wasn't about which candidate was the worst choice for Americans but which candidate would be bad for Canada. I assume, for example, possible U.S. pullout from NAFTA may be one of the reasons Canadians are worried more about Trump than Clinton.

Old 09-09-2016, 03:42 PM

12,680 posts, read 8,743,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_wanderer View Post

Absurd, considering Harper loaded the CBC board with right wingers. Also some of the largest media companies in Canada are owned by people who supported the Conservatives. Remember the Globe and Mails endorsement of Harper before the last election?

This idea that the CBC is " leftist " comes from people who assume that a Public Broadcaster MUST be Left because it's supported financially by the state. It's an incorrect assumption.

Harper tried to destroy the CBC, but only wounded it badly. It has a ways to recover, but eventually will get back to to it's former self.

Not knowing anyone who supports Hillary says one of two things. You either don't get out much, or you only surround yourself with people who think like you. In other words, you don't challenge your own beliefs by talking with those with opposing views, because there are millions of Hillary supporters out there.

Old 09-09-2016, 07:05 PM

293 posts, read 161,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Absurd, considering Harper loaded the CBC board with right wingers. Also some of the largest media companies in Canada are owned by people who supported the Conservatives. Remember the Globe and Mails endorsement of Harper before the last election?

This idea that the CBC is " leftist " comes from people who assume that a Public Broadcaster MUST be Left because it's supported financially by the state. It's an incorrect assumption.

Harper tried to destroy the CBC, but only wounded it badly. It has a ways to recover, but eventually will get back to to it's former self.

Not knowing anyone who supports Hillary says one of two things. You either don't get out much, or you only surround yourself with people who think like you. In other words, you don't challenge your own beliefs by talking with those with opposing views, because there are millions of Hillary supporters out there.
So, my friend, do you think I am wrong and CBC is a balanced media? I read it regularly for about 1 year (since moving to Canada) and I see so many pro-Hillary and Trump-demonizing reports. And the tendency to support the current prime minister, while saying a lot of negative things about the previous.

So I draw my conclusions about CBC based solely on the content of its reports, not assuming any other things... I would be happy to see the evidence that CBC is balanced.

Old 09-09-2016, 07:36 PM

18,265 posts, read 10,366,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
I guess you didn't read the article:
You are correct...I didn't. My bad.

I still however, do not have any faith in the veracity of "polls".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or