U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2018, 02:05 AM

1,300 posts, read 830,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
I'm a non-native farmer. What do you think I and all the other non-native farmers should do with the non-native thieves who come onto our properties in the middle of the night to steal gas and other items? You think my non-native farmer with a couple of teenaged kids down the road will understand when I shoot his non-native kids? I'm not looking for trouble. Do you think the law will understand and call that reasonable force?
I think regardless of who's trying to rob you or do you physical harm, whether they were native or non-native suspects, you should be able to take action to defend yourself and your property. That doesn't mean you should shoot them on site, but that also doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to do something when you see people on your property and do what's necessary to get them off your property or if they're threatening or are actually doing physical harm to you, then you take all the force needed to stop them from injuring or killing you. I don't believe any of that is unreasonable don't you think?

And if the law believes differently or in this case natives who also believe differently, then so be it. I'd rather be alive to have my day in court than allow someone to put me in the cemetary without a fight. The point is this doesn't apply only to natives, but to everyone hence this is NOT a case about racism, intolerance, descrimination and all that crap that natives are trying to push as the narrative. This is about people committing crime and potential victims having the ability to defend themselves, their family and their property.

The only problem is natives are the predominate offenders in those areas and native people continually refuse to take responsibility for the actions and behaviors of their own people, hence they cry racism because its easier to blame other people for their problems than it is to actually admit they have issues and that they need to take responsibility for their children and their communities. The thing is if the natives actually had the courage to do this, it would completely destroy the narrative that they are always the victims and that evil Canadians are always out to oppress them when the reality is the natives are destroying themselves as well as harming the non-natives who live around them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2018, 06:09 PM

12,581 posts, read 11,156,879 times
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/money/tops...cid=spartanntp

Quote:
The United States government has a new trade beef with*Canada: claims that some pipe products are being dumped on the U.S. market at artificially low prices.
https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/ra...185755956.html

Quote:
The effort to rescue NAFTA has made limited progress because U.S.*bargainers*find themselves*hamstrung by the Trump White House and the fact talks are*taking place*too quickly, Canada's chief negotiator says.
Tuesday's hard-hitting and sobering update from Steve Verheul came on the same day*that U.S. trade czar Robert Lighthizer took another shot at Canada*by suggesting more progress on the continental trade pact was being made with Mexico.
Verheul described the current NAFTA talks as the most unusual negotiation he's ever been involved in.
"They do not come to the table*— our counterparts — with a lot of flexibility. This is being driven to a large extent from the top, from the administration, and there's not a lot of flexibility," the veteran negotiator told the Canadian Global Affairs Institute.
The U.S. strategy is to strengthen its position by weakening Canada and Mexico*— a tactic that*could end up*having dire consequences for all three countries, Verheul said.
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...s-limited.html

Quote:
On Monday, Trump vaguely said Canada “does not treat us right in terms of the farming and the crossing the borders.”
Those are familiar complaints. Trump’s administration last year slapped tariffs on Canadian softwood lumber, continuing a decades-old dispute. Trump alleged in April that Canada was hurting Wisconsin farmers by lowering its own prices on ultrafiltered milk, thus rendering American imports less competitive. “Canada has treated us very, very unfairly when it comes to lumber and timber. Very unfairly. So we have to understand that. You know, it’s not just one thing or another. Canada has been very tough on this country when it comes to timber, lumber, and other things,” he said. He said it is hard to export to Canada “if you are a farmer up in Wisconsin and other places.” Wisconsin Republican Sen. Ron Johnson pushed back on Tuesday. He told Trump: “The fact of that matter is, Mr. President, Wisconsin operates a trade surplus with both Canada and Mexico, because we not only export manufacturing products but also agricultural products. And trade works very well for Wisconsin.”
The pettiness of the Dotard government when it comes to trade is getting beyond lunacy. I think the Trump administration will only be happy when everyone (except the core base who some how, some way idealises and elected this) hates him. Who are they going to vote for in 2024 - Chucky maybe.

Last edited by fusion2; 02-14-2018 at 06:49 PM..

Old 02-14-2018, 06:24 PM

From a Dotard government to this.

Trudeau promises new legal framework for Indigenous people - Politics - CBC News

Quote:
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is promising a fundamental rethink of how the federal government recognizes Indigenous rights and title, vowing to work with Indigenous partners to develop a new legal framework to foster self-governance.
In a 15-minute speech in the House of Commons*that was*short on concrete details,*Trudeau said he wants to give new life to Section 35 of the Constitution Act, 1982, which recognizes and affirms*Aboriginal and treaty rights.
Trudeau said governments have ignored these rights entirely*for too long, leaving it up to the courts to define them one decision at a time.
"Instead of outright recognizing and affirming Indigenous rights,*as we promised we would,*Indigenous Peoples were forced to prove, time and time again, through costly and drawn-out court challenges, that their rights existed, must be recognized and implemented," Trudeau said.
https://ca.yahoo.com/news/pm-says-ti...012922804.html

Quote:
Justin Trudeau says it's time Canadians acknowledged that racism and unconscious bias against black people exist in this country.
And the prime minister says it's time to take action to ensure equal opportunity and treatment of the more than one million black Canadians, including doing more to*recruit and elect black members of Parliament.
Trudeau made the comments in a short speech at a reception marking Black History Month.
Two weeks ago, Trudeau announced that Canada*is officially recognizing the United Nations' International Decade for*People of African Descent, which emphasizes the need for research and data collection to better understand the challenges*facing the black communities around the globe.

Last edited by fusion2; 02-14-2018 at 07:34 PM..

Old 02-16-2018, 12:06 AM

3,920 posts, read 2,735,207 times
The day after Canada signs the new TPP agreement next month, officials will fly to Paraguay to start trade talks with the Mercosur bloc of nations. Canada set to open free trade talks with South American bloc - CBC News

Quote:
Mercosur is a trade bloc formed in 1991 by Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay. It is the largest trade bloc in this hemisphere after NAFTA.
Quote:
Sectors of the Canadian economy that could stand to gain the most from the deal include mining, auto parts, financial services and forestry, say Canadian officials.
Quote:
Auto parts makers, nervous about their continued access to the U.S. market, could find a welcome alternative in supplying the auto industries of Brazil and Argentina. Canadian auto parts are currently subject to a punishing 35 per cent tariff in Mercosur nations.
Quote:
Mexico, Colombia, Peru and Chile together form the other big Latin American trade bloc, the Pacific Alliance. Canada has free trade with all four.
Quote:
If NAFTA talks fail and Mercosur talks succeed, Canada could find itself with free trade deals with almost every American nation except its original partner, the United States.

Old 02-19-2018, 08:02 AM

4,811 posts, read 4,450,055 times
I understand being upset at the accusations but why protest with these far right groups? Well it's actually no surprise. I suspect we will see a lot more of this in the future from Asians...

Quote:
Far-right groups, Chinese-Canadians call for Trudeau apology

Hundreds of protesters including some associated with a pair of far-right groups rallied on Parliament Hill Sunday afternoon to demand an apology from Prime Minister Justin Trudeau

Far-right groups, Chinese-Canadians call for Trudeau apology - Ottawa - CBC News

Quote:
Hundreds of Asian-Canadian protesters, supported by several white, far-right, anti-immigrant groups stormed Parliament Hill on Sunday afternoon to demand an apology from the prime minister.
http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-...y-from-trudeau

Old 02-19-2018, 07:50 PM

293 posts, read 162,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
I understand being upset at the accusations but why protest with these far right groups? Well it's actually no surprise. I suspect we will see a lot more of this in the future from Asians...
Little bit racist, no?

Old 02-19-2018, 09:19 PM

I just watched a fantastic yet sobering documentary on CBC called The Skin We're in on DOCS POV. If you get a chance to watch it I strongly recommend it. It touches upon a lot of topics surrounding racism in Canada - from profiling/carding in Toronto, to slavery in Nova Scotia 240 years ago to the present day where systemic racism is still alive and well in our society. As a white guy, this film was very eye opening to me. You should be able to watch it on CBC's website in the show DOC's POV or just look out for it on CBC - PVR it or something but do watch it!

Journalist Desmond Cole Asks: Do Black Lives Matter in Canada?

Last edited by fusion2; 02-19-2018 at 09:32 PM..

Old 02-19-2018, 09:56 PM

4,811 posts, read 4,450,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_wanderer View Post
Little bit racist, no?
Yeah I would say they do seem a little bit racist.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:37 AM

5,657 posts, read 5,630,957 times
So Trudeau condemned the attack (rightfully so) but when it turns out that the girl lied, smearing the Asian community with her hoax, did Trudeau condemn her false allegation just as loudly as he condemned the initial fake attack? Also, is this young lady going to get arrested for making a false police report and lying to authorities?

Old 02-22-2018, 09:40 AM

8,602 posts, read 11,096,185 times
He's too busy inviting assassins to diplomatic events in India to notice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or