Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2018, 11:54 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme Mann View Post

The attachment you posted is meaningless to me so I don't know what the attachment is supposed to infer. However, that's not the reason why I'm responding to your reply to me with your cryptic attachment.

The reason I'm replying is because I don't appreciate the way you have tampered and altered so much of the spelling in my post that you quoted in your reply to me. I know it's against forum rules to change other people's posts and I'm pretty sure you know that too, and that there are no reasonable excuses you can come up with for doing so.

What you've done may look harmless in that particular quote of mine but it has me wondering - just how many other people's quoted posts have you tampered with to sabotage their posts to reflect poorly on them and to mislead other readers, and how many times have you done that?

It might be a good idea for other people who have been quoted by Meme Mann to check their quotes to see if any of them have been altered too.

Old 07-20-2018, 01:32 AM

3,624 posts, read 3,411,405 times
Quote:
That's the best you've got?

The young lady in question is not pursuing this, the Canadian government isn't going into damage control, and most Canadians don't care.

Justin Trudeau may be nowhere near the statesman that his father was, nor the diplomat, nor the constitutional expert. That much is true. If he made a mistake as a private citizen prior to becoming Prime Minister, then it is up to the young lady in question to do something about it at the time, not a number of years later. Especially since the lady in question did nothing about it at the time, and prefers not to talk about it now (she reluctantly released a statement, then demanded to be left alone), I am left believing that this is American, and possibly Russian, propaganda; meant to discredit Canada.

At any rate, to Canadians, this is a non-issue in Canadian politics.

Old 07-20-2018, 05:45 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times
Quote:
It's not the act itself but the fact just months ago as the #metoo movement was hot he proclaimed. to have always been respectful of women .A Russian plot??? Do you know who Warren Kinsella is? He's a Liberal who worked for Chretien, he's the one who tweeted the incident and old news post early in June and bought this back to the forefront after the CBC tried to bury it.

"I've been very, very careful all my life to be thoughtful, to be respectful of people's space and people's headspace as well," he told CBC Radio's The House, in an interview airing Saturday."

When asked if any of his past actions could be misconstrued, Trudeau said he didn't think so.

"This is something that I'm not new to. I've been working on issues around sexual assault for over 25 years.

"My first activism and engagement was at the sexual assault centre at McGill students' society where I was one of the first male facilitators in their outreach program leading conversations — sometimes very difficult ones — on the issues of consent, communications, accountability, power dynamics."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tru...etoo-1.4511093
Nobody cares. It is a non-issue NOW in it's full scope of infraction and history. Had it been pursued by the victim then, perhaps a different historical path for young master Trudeau but...…..nothingburger now.

If Kinsella brought it forward at this time …...20 years after the fact and in spite of the supposed victim's wishes......the only thing I'd desire to know about this entire issue is what would Kinsella's motive be?

Go get us something really juicy to get our morning coffees percolating Meme.....You can do it, I know you can.

Old 07-20-2018, 08:13 AM

7,680 posts, read 5,529,153 times
Many years ago, when I was a teenager, my brother built a ham radio and began to listen to radio broadcasts from around the world. It was a boon to my then stamp collection hobby. Every time he heard a new station he would Morse code back and several days later a postcard from the station would arrive. Sometimes, a little gift would also be included.

One time he made contact with a radio station in Communist China. My brother received the usual postcard plus a Little Red Book ( https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quot...n_Mao_Tse-tung ). He had no interest in the book so he tossed it to me.

I was curious. I had never heard of the Little Red Book before and had no preconceptions about it. The glib phrases and full-on propaganda in the book fascinated me. It was so obvious. I remember staring for a very long time at a photo of Chinese children marching, glassy eyed, with a fanatical look on their faces.

My conscious mind has long forgotten the words I read but my subconscious mind remembers the propaganda tone. Then, the memory of my reading the Little Red Book and staring at the glassy eyed children surfaces.

Several Twitter posts over the past 2 or 3 years have triggered that memory. So has Meme Mann’s posts here in the Canada Forum.

Old 07-20-2018, 12:15 PM

7,309 posts, read 9,326,230 times

Old 07-20-2018, 12:22 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,489,598 times

Old 07-20-2018, 02:20 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,038,045 times
Likewise.

Old 07-21-2018, 07:45 AM

7,680 posts, read 5,529,153 times
I rest my case.

Old 07-22-2018, 12:11 AM

5,455 posts, read 3,387,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Excellent news! There's no room for gun toting thugs in Canada. When they try that in Western Canada, they claim they're just passing through to Alaska. They too are stripped of the illegal weapon(s), charged, detained, and sent home after arraignment with orders to re-appear for sentencing.

In my opinion Texans are no thugs. Americans think Canada has the same laws as USA. They just didn't think to find out what is allowable or not.

Old 07-22-2018, 09:46 PM

800 posts, read 730,356 times
Mass shooting in Toronto tonight.

Who was calling Texans gun toting thugs? Cu tonight, seems like Toronto is the one with gun toting thugs
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada