U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2018, 12:19 PM

12,685 posts, read 8,747,108 times

Advertisements

Would you ride it? I would.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...p=FB_Post_News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2018, 10:39 AM

18,266 posts, read 10,368,849 times
What is with these EX politicos sticking their noses in with very public opinions?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...lxH?li=AAggv0m

World opinion was quietly in agreement with Canada's stance and this suck-up boob undercuts Canada and gives the Saudis a leg-up in perceived legitimate outrage.

What's Baird being paid for this little act of backstabbing I wonder.

Old 08-14-2018, 10:58 AM

12,685 posts, read 8,747,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
What is with these EX politicos sticking their noses in with very public opinions?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...lxH?li=AAggv0m

World opinion was quietly in agreement with Canada's stance and this suck-up boob undercuts Canada and gives the Saudis a leg-up in perceived legitimate outrage.

Baird would be executed in Saudi Arabia since he is gay. The man is a moron for standing up for them.

Old 08-14-2018, 11:29 AM

4,811 posts, read 4,436,210 times
Quote:
Baird would be executed in Saudi Arabia since he is gay. The man is a moron for standing up for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post

Backstabbing? I would say this is worse than backstabbing. Suggesting our prime minister should go apologize to the saudis is disgraceful. Baird is a real POS!

Is anyone calling him out on this ****???

Old 08-14-2018, 12:33 PM

3,901 posts, read 2,726,232 times
As far as I know, Andrew Scheer is remaining as quiet as a mouse. Not a good look for a leader heading into an election next year. Makes him look weak. I wonder at his ability to stand up to Trump.

Last edited by cdnirene; 08-14-2018 at 12:44 PM..

Old 08-14-2018, 12:49 PM

7,226 posts, read 6,575,780 times
I doubt Baird is getting paid for mouthing off. I think Baird is brown-nosing because he wants to keep his consultancy job.

Old 08-14-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I doubt Baird is getting paid for mouthing off. I think Baird is brown-nosing because he wants to keep his consultancy job.

Is he perhaps a paid consultant for anyone getting a backhander for those "jeeps" (supposedly mobile swat crowd control cars with and anti-tank capabilities) we're selling them in a 15 billion dollar contract?

Those "Jeeps" : https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/can...deal-1.4579772

Another assessment that has us on the losing end because the government cannot seem to make up it's mind whether to stick to it's human rights guns or appear to grovel while waffling.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/parli...AXu?li=AAggNb9

If Trudeau develops a spine, he just may reap a tremendous reward in Canada's gaining some additional respect.

Interesting to note the U.S. list of countries whose immigration is banned does not, of course, include Saudi Arabia but in an ironic twist they're "self banning" from Canada by ending all flights into Toronto.

Old 08-21-2018, 01:43 PM

3,901 posts, read 2,726,232 times
Upcoming changes to legal tender status for older bank notes:

https://www.bankofcanada.ca/banknote...er-bank-notes/

Quote:
In the 2018 budget, the Government of Canada announced that it will ask for the power to be able to remove legal tender status from bank notes—something it cannot do now. If that power is approved by Parliament, the plan would be to remove that designation from certain bank notes that are no longer being produced—the $1, $2, $25, $500 and $1,000 notes—and they would be officially taken out of circulation.
Quote:
For now, you can still redeem them at your financial institution, but after a period of time, you will have to send them to the Bank of Canada to redeem their value.

Old 08-23-2018, 10:17 AM

After they virtually begged Canada to not discuss NAFTA with the U.S. without them; can you believe these duplicitous asshats?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world...UIl?li=AAggNb9

Join the club of corrupt countries dissing on Canada. First U.S. does the backstabbing then these other opportunists pile on like a pack of rabid hyenas. Not surprised at Mexico's duplicity at all because that's what they're noted for.

Cannot really fault them for abandoning Canada. We were stupid to make the statements official there'd be no discussions without them in the first place.

Pretty soon I expect to hear Aung San Suu Kyi making a speech in which she derides Canada for having engaged in Genocide.

Hope Trudeau et-al are learning something from all this turncoat behaviour on the part of our supposed allies. Canada being thrown under the bus is certainly something we should remember.

Old 08-23-2018, 12:12 PM

7,226 posts, read 6,575,780 times
I have to agree with you Bru. I think Trudeau et-al have let complacency and forgetfulness of history get the better of them. It isn't the first time there's been such typical turncoat behaviour from either of them and I'm sure it won't be the last. Leopards don't change their spots.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or