U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-26-2018, 04:10 PM
 
18,265 posts, read 10,366,114 times
Reputation: 13321

Advertisements

I don't think we have to as the world's leaders seem to have already done that in spades with it continuing unabated through the Security counsel meeting and now with his embarrassing press conference.

I kinda think the man is ready for the jacket with the straps in the back.

The danger now is that since he's consigned himself to irrelevancy in such spectacular public fashion, those who've actually been running the show in the White House can no longer fake the image of a President in charge and must have a 'come-to-Jesus' moment with congress.

I'm sure more then one congressman has twigged to the fact Trump's demonstrably incapable of cognitive reasoning on any level and someone else has got to have been running the country.

Some "constitutionally" firm Federal Republic that is when the janitor is typing his EO's for him during the night shift, eh?


I picture Senator McCain having a Bourbon on the rocks somewhere and grinning like a Cheshire cat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-26-2018, 05:02 PM
 
Location: Vancouver
12,680 posts, read 8,743,773 times
Reputation: 7283
Quote:
Originally Posted by netwit View Post
I'm all for forgetting the high ground and flipping him the bird.


Thanks for that netwit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2018, 05:05 PM
 
Location: Vancouver
12,680 posts, read 8,743,773 times
Reputation: 7283
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I don't think we have to as the world's leaders seem to have already done that in spades with it continuing unabated through the Security counsel meeting and now with his embarrassing press conference.

I kinda think the man is ready for the jacket with the straps in the back.

The danger now is that since he's consigned himself to irrelevancy in such spectacular public fashion, those who've actually been running the show in the White House can no longer fake the image of a President in charge and must have a 'come-to-Jesus' moment with congress.

I'm sure more then one congressman has twigged to the fact Trump's demonstrably incapable of cognitive reasoning on any level and someone else has got to have been running the country.

Some "constitutionally" firm Federal Republic that is when the janitor is typing his EO's for him during the night shift, eh?


I picture Senator McCain having a Bourbon on the rocks somewhere and grinning like a Cheshire cat.
I know it's been obvious for quite a while that he should be in a straight jacket, but did you see any of his press conference today?

It was a complete and utter train wreck. I couldn't watch it all, but it was clear the man is deranged.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-26-2018, 07:04 PM
 
18,265 posts, read 10,366,114 times
Reputation: 13321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I know it's been obvious for quite a while that he should be in a straight jacket, but did you see any of his press conference today?

It was a complete and utter train wreck. I couldn't watch it all, but it was clear the man is deranged.
I watched just a part of it and had the overwhelming impression I was watching a man coming apart at the seams. Admonished to accept questions from the female press and he looks like a deer caught in the headlights to once again go off on a tangent having no relevance to anything at all..

I think the boys in congress are going to have to insist something be done now if they've got an ounce of common sense and even a scintilla of sympathy.

I will not hold my breath expecting evidence of either however.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-28-2018, 08:40 PM
 
18,265 posts, read 10,366,114 times
Reputation: 13321
Get a load of this stuff in flagrant violation of the terms and spirit of NAFTA and juxtapose it with Trump whining about Canada being unfair to them:

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/09...ent=1537788876


$430 billion direct hand-outs to just one states farmers.

It cannot be understood how he can be allowed to keep lying so openly while they stupidly lap it up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2018, 12:43 AM
 
34,365 posts, read 41,446,089 times
Reputation: 29853
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
It cannot be understood how he can be allowed to keep lying so openly while they stupidly lap it up.
Im starting to think theres something in the water down there as it seems our neighbors to the south have lost their minds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2018, 07:35 PM
 
Location: Canada
3,900 posts, read 2,725,320 times
Reputation: 5084
A NAFTA deal is close:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/poli...reater-access/

Agreement reached re dairy and Chapter 19. Sticking point is the U.S. balking at removing steel and aluminum tariffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-29-2018, 08:33 PM
 
18,265 posts, read 10,366,114 times
Reputation: 13321
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
A NAFTA deal is close:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/poli...reater-access/

Agreement reached re dairy and Chapter 19. Sticking point is the U.S. balking at removing steel and aluminum tariffs.
If they've gotten through the article 19 hurdle and sacrificed some milk quota....those tariffs are just there to impress his base with how they wrestled us to the mat.

They'll be dropped like melting icicles when the deal needs to be drafted for presentation to congress. Assurances were already made that Chinese pass-thru cheap steel had been addressed.

His congress critters are restless and needing some good news after that Kavanaugh debacle. Wouldn't be surprised if they've been back-channeling directly to Lightloafers or whatever his name is, to "get a deal, any deal, just get a deal done and we'll stifle Trump".

I'm still not going to hold my breath though, as if Trump has proved anything at all with past behaviour it's the fact he can change his mind on the flip of a coin. There is probably not a professional poker player that wold sit in the same room with him knowing his predilection for welching, lying and flipping.

Quebec dairy farmers are now going to scream for compensation and whatever else they can get. In the end it will have been worth every penny they get if the deal passes muster.

We'll just have to wait and see if this silly game of infantile brinksmanship is over for a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2018, 06:05 PM
 
Location: Canada
3,900 posts, read 2,725,320 times
Reputation: 5084
Shell, Partners Approve $31 Billion Project to Speed Gas to Asia: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...canada-project

Quote:
LNG Canada -- comprised of Shell, Malaysiaís Petroliam Nasional Bhd, Mitsubishi Corp., PetroChina Co. and Korea Gas Corp. -- is set to announce a final investment decision on the C$40 billion ($31 billion) project as early as Monday
Quote:
The project marks a turning point for Canada and the gas industry. Set to be the nationís largest infrastructure project ever, LNG Canada augurs a new wave of investments for major gas export projects after a three-year hiatus forced by a global supply glut. LNG Canada will be able to send cargoes from Kitimat, British Columbia to Tokyo in about eight days versus 20 days from the U.S. Gulf.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-30-2018, 08:42 PM
BMI
 
Location: Ontario
7,261 posts, read 4,494,437 times
Reputation: 5593
Breaking news!

Trade deal with USA done ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top