U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2016, 05:17 AM

34,389 posts, read 41,480,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
Really? What do you have against brown Semites in the middle east? Hillary and Yeb! both want to interfere in the middle east some more. Hell, Hillary is just itching to get at Russia. Imagine a Parkinson's freeze right onto that red button! At least Yeb! low energies himself out of the race very early on.

If you really think another round of lawyers running the USA is fine and dandy, you're lost.

Once again, Hillary's experience is at sucking at her job. Let's move on. Please.

We are. Enough bombing of Serbs to hand Kosovo to Muslims, bombing the middle east just to please Israel and enough of another Clinton selling off classified info. More experience as a traitor...GTFO with that junk.

Someone gets it! Why is everyone else failing at this???

Blacks are 13% of US population and responsible for 52% of crime. Not that the Jews in the media, a la CBS, would want to undermine their fetish for "diversity" by admitting that...

Well, we did vote our first black president, Bill Clinton, who wrecked things for two terms, following with Yankee Duhbya who turned things up a notch...followed by first feminine president O...and we had more Bush and Clinton shoved at us during primary season. We need time to shake loose. Bill and Hillary are close to dying, which is some help.

Allegedly, the idea was to hand the dynasty to Yeb!, so Hillary was must a token choice. When Yeb! flunked out, Hillary was shoved into the big circle as a last resort by the DNC.

LOL! The guy deals with scummy NYC Jews in business dealings. The fact, as far as we know, that none are sleeping with fish tells me he's a bit more composed than you credit him for.

I'm not sure where you come up with this, though, since Trump is more than happy to let Russia deal with al Qaeda. That can't come soon enough, O just gave the word to drop some more bombs on Assad's troops the other day. Oh yeah, but Hillary will get this right.

Maybe that the TSA starts strip searching those from high risk nations rather than grannies with walkers in airports...

Take your meds. I stopped reading at that bunch of horsehock. I don't care what a bunch of retired career goons think about Trump, nor should you. Trump ruining their plans = good for the world at large.

I thought the dems were the anti-war party? Aren't you tired of status quo wars and corruption? Or is it just when you're favorite letter (R or D) is behind it makes it all better? If Hillary was all about the constitution, she'd have sized her own noose up after letting out classified iinfo. Hmm.

You are free to do just that.
Not sure what this ultra RW diatribe has to do with Canadians traveling to the USA. its either been posted in the wrong forum section or is an obvious case of thread hijacking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 05:46 AM

11,745 posts, read 8,308,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
You say that now... but subtract all the business and money Canadians visitors bring in to the USA and I am certain it wont help the economy especailly for certain popular tourist areas.
We'll just blame it on the unfavorable exchange rate.

Old 09-19-2016, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Americas obsession with guns is just a very small part of why i dont frequent the USA that much any more.
Do 100,000 people get shot every year in U.S.? Facebook post says yes | PolitiFact
Its mostly to do with the prevalent obsession with hate, every where you go its hate this hate that its on the radio in the newspapers on the tv.Any conversations struck up invariably get around to your political preferences you will then be judged accordingly.
I just feel more at home and less stress visiting various places in Canada, call it a preferred vibe.
Thank you but we'll call it a profound ignorance.

Old 09-19-2016, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I think you're missing the big picture. Yes gun crime has declined in the US, but it will take decades of continual decline to even get close to other developed countries.

"Americans are 10 times more likely to be killed by guns than people in other developed countries, a new study finds."

"Even though it has half the population of the other 22 nations combined, the United States accounted for 82 percent of all gun deaths."

How U.S. gun deaths compare to other countries - CBS News
That statement is intellectually lazy and one would be an idiot to believe that this is what life is like in the US. The fact of the matter is is that if you are not involved in crime or don't live in the inner city, your chances of avoiding murder by gun is almost equal to any first world nation.

Btw, Americans are less than 3 times as likely to be murdered as Canadians are.

Last edited by Mr. Joshua; 09-19-2016 at 06:29 AM..

Old 09-19-2016, 06:44 AM

6,128 posts, read 2,545,823 times
Both candidates are terrible, which raises important questions over whether or not the current system is fit for purpose. Although I don't see how the election would effect a trip to the country for an average Canadian, unless you're a Muslim. I certainly wouldn't refuse to travel to a country simply because I don't like the President. I would never deprive myself of new experiences in order to make an extremely petty political gesture.

Old 09-19-2016, 07:04 AM

1,147 posts, read 471,355 times
Bush was unlikeable too. Did Canadians avoid travelling to the U.S. during that era?

Old 09-19-2016, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon18 View Post
Trump modified his Muslim ban; now it's based on location ("terrorist" countries or whatever). I think it's safe to say he'll let Canadians in. Having said that, he'd still be happy to track us Muslims and close down our mosques, but that's another story for another thread... :/
I'd be happy just to bug mosques as some of them have proven to be recruitment centers.

As far as Trump's comments go:

Meet Ahmad Khan Rahami of Afghanistan:

New York bombing: 28-year-old suspect Ahmad Khan Rahami 'armed and dangerous' says FBI as authorities probe connection between attacks

And Dahir Adan of Somalia:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/180908...-were-muslims/

Old 09-19-2016, 09:01 AM

9,701 posts, read 7,254,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsereed View Post

Those^ are from the last few posts only, so what should we all do ?
If you're not a U.S. voter, unfortunately there is nothing you can do.

Just hope/pray that Americans do the right thing in Nov. and vote for Hillary. Anything to keep Trump far from the White House and nuclear codes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsereed View Post
Because the threat is real children....the outsider candidate with no experience in politics, minimal donor funds or organization, and a big mouth is still in the running with the establishment candidate in 13 battleground states less than 8 weeks before the election.
I agree. It's pretty damn scary. I don't think people realize the stakes for the world. This is not some potential nutcase ruler for a Paraguay or some random country; the world would survive that. We're talking the most critical position on the planet.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:08 AM

9,701 posts, read 7,254,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I'd be happy just to bug mosques as some of them have proven to be recruitment centers.

As far as Trump's comments go:

Meet Ahmad Khan Rahami of Afghanistan:

New York bombing: 28-year-old suspect Ahmad Khan Rahami 'armed and dangerous' says FBI as authorities probe connection between attacks

And Dahir Adan of Somalia:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/180908...-were-muslims/
What does this post mean?

Are you arguing that Trump's explicit racist appeals have met receptive ears because of terorrism?

A. There has never been less terrorism in the world than right now. The Obama administration has been pretty damn good in limiting events on U.S. soil (not even one ISIS attack, no major attacks since 9-11).

B. People who are racist and hate foreigners or blacks don't hate them because of some random incidents. It isn't like the typical Trump voter would be fine with Muslims if there were no terror events.

C. There's no evidence that these incidents are tied to anything religious in nature or in any way related to organized terrorism.

D. Trump has given no policy recommendations for how he would reduce or eliminate terrorism. There is no plan; there's just racist invective.

Old 09-19-2016, 09:16 AM

34,389 posts, read 41,480,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Thank you but we'll call it a profound ignorance.
So because i dont prefer to go to the USA anymore i'm to be labeled profoundly ignorant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or