U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2016, 05:27 PM

419 posts, read 634,187 times

Advertisements

I have given this a great deal of thought.

I don't think things get better for the average citizen if Clinton wins. It will be more of the same.

That being said, she is not a thin skinned, vulgar, uninformed, ninny hammer, and bully.

I have traveled to more US states than most Americans. I like America. I like Americans. But, I would never return to a country that would vote this vile human being into office. I fear for the entire world if he wins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2016, 06:01 PM

15,435 posts, read 5,261,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
I want to reflect on a few things here first if I may. My first trip to Canada and actually anywhere outside the US was to Canada this summer.I loved it, myself ,wife and youngest daughter all took a road trip up the East coast to PEI and were there for two weeks.I can honestly say they (you) were some of the nicest people I have ever met and I never really understood how much it meant to other countries like Canada how our politics or elections affect other countries.Yes I apologize for my American ignorance.
Americans and this election are plain crazy.I am one who feels that both candidates are less then attractive
but Donald Trump is an embarrassment that just won't go away .As Mrs Clinton said and many people agreed with her but it was a political no-no Trump supporters are just deplorable .Example the leader of the KKK(Klu Klux KLan) is a man by the name of David Duke anyone that does not think he is deplorable is just bat crazy,simple as that.Thing is many of Trump supporters are anti Obama supporters ,people who hated him from the start for obvious reasons and now look at this as get(pay) back time.Yes I know it's stupid but unfortunately this is one American election that has gotten away from the American people.
As you can probably guess I am voting Mrs Clinton who all so has her own problems,is she perfect or great ...NO.She does know what a country needs to run Donald Trump does not and yes it is that simple.People say well Bill is a womanizer,so, he won't be president and he isn't running and remember the Clintons are not the ones who have had three different spouse's.Just saying.Hillary Clinton sat in front of a Congressional hearing and for almost eleven it twelve hours answered every question thrown at her be it Benghazi or e-mails and came out looking more presidential then when it started. Look I admit we as Americans have our problems and we need to and are working on them .Guns are a big problem but remember 5% of all Americans own almost 65% of all the guns .Police behavior ,training needs to be looked at there is a problem. All American Police are not bad and it is a small group that makes them all look bad but this also must change.
Okay I will sign off now by asking you the Canadian People not to do what I am going to do ,please don't lump all Americans together.All of us are not crazy. I will also say that my time in Canada was short I can honestly say every single Canadian citizen I met was wonderful and my wife and I are looking forward to the time we can go back.Be well.
I wanted to repost this becuase I think some things have been distorted over a few pages.

Old 10-03-2016, 10:21 PM

14,800 posts, read 17,754,378 times
I wonder what the numbers of foreign visitors to the USA looked like when George W. Bush was in office??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Its not so overt,it will invariably come up in conversation which in the USA almost always gets around to politics,once your political leaning has been established ambiance can change.Irregardless i now prefer taking my time off and staying in Canada.
Don't you think that is because you have outspoken conservative family members who live down here? honestly day to day life down here you aren't getting this stuff thrown at you everywhere, news stations down here will do that the most but that is just tv you know...

There is a problem that you state that does somewhat exist here i will admit but it mostly seems to exist on the internet or on the news and people aren't as open about it in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickh1954 View Post
I have given this a great deal of thought.

I don't think things get better for the average citizen if Clinton wins. It will be more of the same.

That being said, she is not a thin skinned, vulgar, uninformed, ninny hammer, and bully.

I have traveled to more US states than most Americans. I like America. I like Americans. But, I would never return to a country that would vote this vile human being into office. I fear for the entire world if he wins.
Americans hate Trump more than anyone else i bet, it is hard to believe this man has so many supporters and i see why people may look down on certain people in this country because of this reason.

Old 10-04-2016, 02:32 AM

34,478 posts, read 41,600,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post

Don't you think that is because you have outspoken conservative family members who live down here? honestly day to day life down here you aren't getting this stuff thrown at you everywhere, news stations down here will do that the most but that is just tv you know...

There is a problem that you state that does somewhat exist here i will admit but it mostly seems to exist on the internet or on the news and people aren't as open about it in person.

I have several rightwing friends in Florida who no longer talk to me as a result of my being a Canadian and by default perceived as ultra left wing, my Dad and Brother who also live in Florida and are rightwing to the core barely talk to me any more and have said straight out i'm a communist from the nanny state to the north and theres nothing down here for you anymore, sitting in public places like food courts restaurants and public transportation i overhear conversations that express hate venom and vitriol toward various demographics and political figures,Add a media that is obsessed with politics and seems to delight in fanning the flames of hate and i come away with the perception that America has become a place with major social problems that i dont need to deal with anymore..
America? been there done that.

Old 10-04-2016, 08:29 AM

4,824 posts, read 4,460,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I have several rightwing friends in Florida who no longer talk to me as a result of my being a Canadian and by default perceived as ultra left wing, my Dad and Brother who also live in Florida and are rightwing to the core barely talk to me any more and have said straight out i'm a communist from the nanny state to the north and theres nothing down here for you anymore,t.

That seems pretty extreme. I have never encountered outright blatant extreme right wingers likes that. Could it be a Florida thing? 99% of my time in the USA has been spent in California and I have never heard any thing like that out there, even from people that openly support republicans. I am not saying people like that don't exist, I just personally have never encountered anything like that.

Old 10-04-2016, 08:53 AM

3,156 posts, read 2,079,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
That seems pretty extreme. I have never encountered outright blatant extreme right wingers likes that.

That is pretty extreme but yes it can happen....as likely as meeting someone in Canada that does not want to set a foot in the US because of fear of getting shot as soon as they cross the border....there are people like that....

I'm amazed at how dumb and misinformed people can really be....Trump or Clinton like it does matter or there is difference between the two....some people really think they would the ones really making policy decisions (or any politician in charge in any nation)

Old 10-04-2016, 03:12 PM

12,347 posts, read 10,348,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Will you awesome Canadians allow us Americans to seek Asylum if Trump becomes President? I will have lost all respect for this country if a man that vile and childish gets access to nuclear weapons.

But doesn't the fact that he is so close in the polls, after the things he has done and said, give you serious pause about the country you live in and the people you share citizenship with? It has me. To think the man will get at least 40M votes even if he loses big time says a lot about Americans.

Serious, the man says the most hateful vile things about so many, and those people at his rallies eat it up, laugh, and scream and shove reporters etc. What is it about Trump that so many Americans find appealing?

Old 10-04-2016, 03:32 PM

8,607 posts, read 11,111,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post
But doesn't the fact that he is so close in the polls, after the things he has done and said, give you serious pause about the country you live in and the people you share citizenship with? It has me. To think the man will get at least 40M votes even if he loses big time says a lot about Americans.

Serious, the man says the most hateful vile things about so many, and those people at his rallies eat it up, laugh, and scream and shove reporters etc. What is it about Trump that so many Americans find appealing?
Simple answers for simple people.

Old 10-04-2016, 03:44 PM

18,354 posts, read 10,422,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Simple answers for simple people.
Well, that was certainly succinct!

Old 10-04-2016, 04:10 PM

5,698 posts, read 6,553,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77falcons View Post

It makes me think about how close people's worst instincts are to the surface. It's shocking. Trump is like the bad angel on your shoulder, dragging everything down to the worst common denominator. And it also says something about how alienated people must feel that they feel an affinity for Trump. I think he stands for anarchy and that must be something that appeals to people since he contradicts himself all the time. I never thought I'd see an American politician praise Putin and at the same time have people believing he would be tough on Russia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or