U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 01:45 PM

1,504 posts, read 632,173 times

Advertisements

Being 66 years old and having raised 4 children and have beautiful grand children. I was a wild young man who played music and did art...who worked in the film industry...I am a good man...

I have a new woman in my life who was raised in the USA. We have been to America a number of times in the last couple of years...I love the American people and their landscape.

A few months ago I was blocked at the border based on a pot charge from 1970.

We had to forfeit an expensive hotel room in New York City...The guys at the border said I could enter if I composed a letter of how I have been rehabilitated..and a concise criminal report on myself from the RCMP....plus give them a tribute of 1200 dollars...

Rehabilitated ? Good Lord I am an old man of 66....I will never travel to the states again....to hell with them- High ranking criminals are welcome but an artist is not...I will never give those jerks money.

So I am a bad guy but if I give the Americans a wack of cash....suddenly I am a good guy? Give me a break.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 01:50 PM

18,289 posts, read 10,386,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Being 66 years old and having raised 4 children and have beautiful grand children. I was a wild young man who played music and did art...who worked in the film industry...I am a good man...

I have a new woman in my life who was raised in the USA. We have been to America a number of times in the last couple of years...I love the American people and their landscape.

We had to forfeit an expensive hotel room in New York City...The guys at the border said I could enter if I composed a letter of how I have been rehabilitated..and a concise criminal report on myself from the RCMP....plus give them a tribute of 1200 dollars...

Rehabilitated ? Good Lord I am an old man of 66....I will never travel to the states again....to hell with them- High ranking criminals are welcome but an artist is not...I will never give those jerks money.

So I am a bad guy but if I give the Americans a wack of cash....suddenly I am a good guy? Give me a break.
A common story that repeats itself daily from either direction now, more's the pity.

Very stupid considering an illegal Mexican can make multiple incursions without penalty even when caught multiple times. How many amnesties have they been granted again?

You've really got to question their freak'n logic when it comes to playing the security card.

Old 11-09-2016, 01:50 PM

3,914 posts, read 2,732,479 times
Quote:
That may change: Canada to ask US to reevaluate marijuana border-entry policy - Business Insider

Old 11-09-2016, 01:54 PM

6,754 posts, read 3,787,713 times
I have already told my husband I am not travelling to the USA until he is out. I have spent enough time and money in the USA. Not feeling this new face of America. I love you JetBlue ... you are still my fav airline, but the bad exchange rate and the new president have turned our 8 year relationships sour. Good Bye USA ... hello the rest of the world !

Old 11-09-2016, 01:58 PM

6,754 posts, read 3,787,713 times
Default .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
You were saying?
A lot of people thought that....

When I was in Mexico a lot of American's I met said they were unable to get their early voting card because the system was not able to handle the volume of requests there were getting ( or something like that). I think he won by too much to even say that would have made a difference in the outcome. Most of them were like no way ... he is not going to win..... but looks what happens when people don't take voting seriously.

Old 11-09-2016, 02:02 PM

They did not want Bernie because he has a soft and kind heart...and being Jewish probably had something to do with it. He would have done well...but the establishment simply does not want a good person to sit in the big chair.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
A common story that repeats itself daily from either direction now, more's the pity.

Very stupid considering an illegal Mexican can make multiple incursions without penalty even when caught multiple times. How many amnesties have they been granted again?

You've really got to question their freak'n logic when it comes to playing the security card.
I had not toured the USA since I was a hippy kid hitch hiking across the continent- Now that I am with a woman who was raised in the states...who loves to travel....I really enjoyed America and the people..In Canada students are trained to hate America...I loved the place. At least in the last few years I got to travel a bit in America...I was deeply hurt when I was barred from entry.

Old 11-09-2016, 05:21 PM

Trump as President should not hinder your travel plans...the American people are interesting and very good for the most part...relax...

Old 11-09-2016, 05:22 PM

12,691 posts, read 8,765,998 times
Quote:
I had not toured the USA since I was a hippy kid hitch hiking across the continent- Now that I am with a woman who was raised in the states...who loves to travel....I really enjoyed America and the people..In Canada students are trained to hate America...I loved the place. At least in the last few years I got to travel a bit in America...I was deeply hurt when I was barred from entry.
I must of missed that class.

Old 11-09-2016, 06:26 PM

7,257 posts, read 6,594,669 times
Quote:
That's a lot of nonsense.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or