U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2016, 03:28 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,525,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickh1954 View Post
I said earlier that I would never return to the US if Trump won the election. I stand by that. I cannot in good conscience travel to a country that would deliberately unleash such a dangerous bully on the world.

I made another decision this morning. I am done with reading political websites including this one. I intend try try finding bliss in ignorance.

God help us all.
I love how Trump is the Dangerous bully, but Clinton who does nothing but Lie for decades, get busted multiple times for botched coverups, investigates for YEARS by the FBI long before the election, gets people killed in Benghazi, lies about THAT is somehow a good person to run the country.

Trump who has been in the public eye for decades and never gets accused of anything until conveniently during his run and gets picked on for some stupid crap he says is "such a dangerous bully". LOL! If your that ignorant your probably better off staying out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2016, 03:37 PM

5,957 posts, read 7,328,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM10 View Post
I can't believe Trump is the president now. That does suck but protesting is absolutely useless. As much as I don't like Trump, he won through a democratic vote and people need to respect that. Protesting is fine when he actually puts forward policies that people don't like, for example building a wall against Mexico, but not for the reason that he won through a democratic election.
There's a protest this weekend in Pittsburgh, the point of it is to protest what he has said, behavior, and policy , not to overthrow the results.

Old 11-11-2016, 04:38 PM

873 posts, read 815,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
There's a protest this weekend in Pittsburgh, the point of it is to protest what he has said, behavior, and policy , not to overthrow the results.
Yeah but he didn't go through with these policies yet. It could have all been fake.

Old 11-11-2016, 09:36 PM

2,564 posts, read 2,182,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM10 View Post
I can't believe Trump is the president now. That does suck but protesting is absolutely useless. As much as I don't like Trump, he won through a democratic vote and people need to respect that. Protesting is fine when he actually puts forward policies that people don't like, for example building a wall against Mexico, but not for the reason that he won through a democratic election.
Protesting is far from useless. At least the people who protest - i.e. the 100,000 citizens who took to the streets in NYC tonight - are saying that regardless of the election process, there is a large proportion of Americans who thoroughly disapprove of the leader that will soon represent all 300 million Americans.

I watched a great MSNBC interview this morning with Michael Moore, and Moore's message cuts straight to the chase: Donald Trump is and has always been a moron and a danger to the survival of peace and democracy and decency, and the only way forward is not "unity" or "put our differences aside" or "love your neighbors": the only way forward as responsible citizens is to resist, passively and actively, and to quickly and resolutely oppose any and all forms of discrimination that have already arisen from Trump's victory. Resist today, resist tomorrow, resist until this monster is out of office. No happily ever after. No mincing words.

Old 11-11-2016, 09:43 PM

449 posts, read 279,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonkid123 View Post
Protesting is far from useless. At least the people who protest - i.e. the 100,000 citizens who took to the streets in NYC tonight - are saying that regardless of the election process, there is a large proportion of Americans who thoroughly disapprove of the leader that will soon represent all 300 million Americans.

I watched a great MSNBC interview this morning with Michael Moore, and Moore's message cuts straight to the chase: Donald Drumpf is and has always been a moron and a danger to the survival of peace and democracy and decency, and the only way forward is not "unity" or "put our differences aside" or "love your neighbors": the only way forward as responsible citizens is to resist, passively and actively, and to quickly and resolutely oppose any and all forms of discrimination that have already arisen from Drumpf's victory. Resist today, resist tomorrow, resist until this monster is out of office. No happily ever after. No mincing words.
I agree- if and ONLY if said protesting is peaceful. As MLK said, hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Scaring people, vandalizing property, and starting fires will accomplish nothing. Instead, it will just validate the Trump-supporters' negative opinion of us.

Old 11-12-2016, 12:16 AM

3,153 posts, read 2,074,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon18 View Post
I agree- if and ONLY if said protesting is peaceful. As MLK said, hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. Scaring people, vandalizing property, and starting fires will accomplish nothing. Instead, it will just validate the Trump-supporters' negative opinion of us.
Absolutely.....look at the type of people that are doing the protesting....

Quote:
there is a large proportion of Americans who thoroughly disapprove of the leader that will soon represent all 300 million Americans.

These people should have voted instead of staying at home....

Quote:
Donald Trump is and has always been a moron and a danger to the survival of peace

...except that when it comes to foreign policy Hillary was more the warmonger than Trump.

Old 11-12-2016, 01:56 AM

10,847 posts, read 11,273,499 times
Quote:
true doesn't it apply to all elections? Millions were angry when Obama were elected as well.

Quote:
I watched a great MSNBC interview this morning with Michael Moore, and Moore's message cuts straight to the chase: Donald Trump is and has always been a moron and a danger to the survival of peace and democracy and decency, and the only way forward is not "unity" or "put our differences aside" or "love your neighbors": the only way forward as responsible citizens is to resist, passively and actively, and to quickly and resolutely oppose any and all forms of discrimination that have already arisen from Trump's victory. Resist today, resist tomorrow, resist until this monster is out of office. No happily ever after. No mincing words.
you watch MSNBC, that explains things

resist? so whenever you have a president you don't like, you resist and refuse to be part of the society? that's mature. Trump won fair and square, you want democracy? then you don't get to pick the results, do you? plus how to resist, by refusing to go to work or school? how do you plan to resist for example? I don't see those self righteous celebrities who threatened to leave the US packing their belongings and selling their properties.

it is underestandable many don't like the result, but it happens in every election and this one is not special, and don't pretend it is just because you dislike the outcome more than ever. trump got a good popular vote as well. if one can't accept the decison of the people, then maybe they should leave the country.

Trump is a moron? how? I mean how is a moron be elected president of the US? only two explanations, one the voters are largely morons, two democracy doesn't work. which one do you choose?

danger to peace? how? was trump threatening wars to any country? Obama and Clinton engaged dozens of wars and killed hundreds of civilians with their drones, and didn't bring the ME any closer to peace. Are they danger to peace?

danger to democracy? how? you evidence? what did Trump to oppose democracy so far? by his big mouth? was he changing the constitution?

decency, how? those women couldn't provide an iota of evidence. just words words words and several proved to be lying, last time i checked the American legal system still presumes innocence until proven guilty. if those women can't substantiate their claims, their accusations are worthless and you have to question what motivates them to accuse trump. for fame? money? in terms of decency, Mrs Clinton seems completely fine with marrying and living with an indecent ex president.

but you choose to resist, go ahead. and you know what? that's called "danger to democracy".

Old 11-12-2016, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post

...except that when it comes to foreign policy Hillary was more the warmonger than Trump.
clinton is the most warmongering politicians in the US, more than Bush Jr.

Trump doesn't really care about what happens in other countries that much. he is a nationalist and mostly cares about america itslef. he proposed to pull back from europe and asia, which I highly support. just stop sticking its nose where it doesn't belong. we all know it is not doing anyone any good.

Old 11-12-2016, 02:36 AM

Quote:
he wouldn't care. He wouldn't be happy until he gets his Mrs Clinton. I am sure if there is a violent revolt overthrowing Trump tomorrow by force, he will be totally for it.

For some people, democracy should only be supported if it produces the outcome they like.

And since you sound like a reasonable person, I would say this election was never about race, although it appears to be.

the democratic party for a long time adopted a new strategy to shift the focus from economic issues to social ones such as racial equity, LGBT rights etc. It works wonderfully for the highly educated with great jobs who benefited from globalization greatly, because for them, making a living isn't an issue and they need to pursue spiritual persuit to feel good about themselves. It also won a lot of votes from latinos and blacks because they feel to have more rights.

but are these the most pressing issues in the US? some agree and some don't. and you can't say those who worry about their jobs and livelihoods are racists and homophobes. this election is not about whether latinos or gays are equal, it is about which is more important, bringing more low skilled jobs back by limiting free trade and illegal immigrationm OR keeping talking about diversity.

the fact is during the past 30 years, the median income for americans hardly improved and life got a lot harder while the average income soared. Income of the top 1% tripped. Mr Obama & co are still pushing their globalization agenda by trade agreements such as the TPP, so that big corporation will have super-national power while the middle and lower class keep losing their income and standard of living. that's what is happening, something the democrats seldom want to talk about. instead, they want to bury this with all the political correctness talk, which in itself isn't wrong. the democrats also made the fatal mistake of being arrogant by assuming the latinos are in their pockets. In reality, are people's interest defined by economic status or skin color? the democrats want to say it is the latter, but I disagree. this is why despite trump's often controversial speech, 30% latinos still voted for him, because not every latino is obsessed with racial issues and they are probably victims of greedy globalization as well.

it is easy to dismiss trump voters as bigots and rednecks, but is it really that simple? Most don't hate non-whites or gays and just want to change the status quo by hoping for better jobs they used to have. Is it that wrong? of course there are racists, but that's not unique to trump voters. The clintons are known to be real racists in their true face and actions but for political reasons, they need to hide it and show the opposite.

People like to over simply things because it is easier to understand and often makes them feel morally superior. but this election is by no means about whether America should treat everyone equally. it is about whether economic or social issues are more important. And why are we surprised the latter ultimately won?

of course for people like Bostonkid and many who make 150k in silicon valley or wall street, who care about those workers and servers who work 3 jobs just to make ends meet? they don't see them. the current system benefits them, financialy, so for them racial issues or whether a man should have to access women's toilet is more important than anything else. In reality you will be surprised by how much the costal elites disdain the midwest. Unfortunately in no country can every person be highly educated highly skilled and competitive internationally. To say trump voters are just a bunch of bigoted racists who hate the minorities is a gross oversimplication of things, and it is exactly what many are doing.

excuse me for my typos and wrong puntuations. this french keyboard drives me nuts.

Old 11-12-2016, 05:31 AM

733 posts, read 854,363 times
Quote:

Yep exactly , my guess is maybe what is p*ssing the rioters off the most is that they sat back fat dumb and happy, not doing anything but taking solace in all the MSM reports on how Clinton had this thing locked up, then woke up Wednesday morning and found out that all the great, grand and good reports were wrong.

Probably stings them that deep down they are thinking that maybe they should have done more before the election instead of afterwards.

Has to be a crushing defeat to them to finally realize that the world isn't their oyster and that the MSM isn't as omnipotent as they'd been led to believe.

So instead of "suck it up buttercup", they'd rather go out do a little burning and destruction
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or