U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 02:03 PM

2,839 posts, read 1,698,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
An anonymous person heard that.. whatever. Plus, it's Huff... the Breibart of the Left.

I am not Trump supporter - I do think that having so many Clintons and Bushes in the top positions for the past 30 years has been detrimental to our democracy. Dynasty and democracy don't mix well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2016, 03:02 PM

3,920 posts, read 2,735,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ummagumma View Post
An anonymous person heard that.. whatever. Plus, it's Huff... the Breibart of the Left.
It was actually reported on MSNBC. Even Breitbart wrote an article about it:
FNC's Megyn Kelly: MSNBC's 'Morning Joe' 'Could Not Have Promoted Trump More' - Breitbart

I guess Fox News thinks nuking is a great idea.

Old 09-17-2016, 03:06 PM

12,701 posts, read 8,775,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Why?

You talk as if Ms Clinton is any better than Trump.

Don't be brainwashed by the media. Trump is not a great candidate but no worse than either Clinton or Obama.
Not a great candidate? He's THE worst.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQueaSlvjCw

Old 09-17-2016, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
Nice job totally blowing off the fact crime and murder in the U.S. Has been going down for decades now..... You really must really think a few political rally and argument videos on YouTube is remotely comparable to reality.
I think you're missing the big picture. Yes gun crime has declined in the US, but it will take decades of continual decline to even get close to other developed countries.

"Americans are 10 times more likely to be killed by guns than people in other developed countries, a new study finds."

"Even though it has half the population of the other 22 nations combined, the United States accounted for 82 percent of all gun deaths."

How U.S. gun deaths compare to other countries - CBS News

Old 09-17-2016, 03:27 PM

If Trump gets elected it certainly will give me pause. I don't think it will stop me from visiting though. I will see how it plays out in regards to crossing the border. If the guards start being as awful as they were after 9/11 I may stop visiting.

After 9/11 I stopped planning flights where I had to change planes in the US because it became too much of a hassle. I still do that today even though I find the border guards better.

I also believe that if Trump does win, he won't be president for long.

Old 09-17-2016, 09:40 PM

21,960 posts, read 27,390,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
If you want to know the truth most of us Americans are embarrassed. Trump is obviously an idiot and hillary is openly corrupt. Its hard for most of us to believe both of them got so far. Many people will choose the third party but in the end hillary is likely to win. Trump is just too scary. I do think its fair to say our country is in trouble, our society is breaking down and violence everywhere. Its not as simple as our gun laws, as the guns have been here 240 years. We are falling apart at a more fundamental level. I am worried about the future of this country and many others are too. Our political spectacle is just a symptom of the serious problems we seem to have. A major chapter in our history is likely going to unfold in the coming years. Oh and Canadians are always welcome here regardless of what idiot is in the white house.
I am on your side and always be on the side of Americans like you who are concerned about your country's direction and want to make it a better place.

In terms of achievements, the U.S. is arguably the greatest modern nation-state the world has ever known.

It is still great today but there are a good number of worrisome trends we are seeing down there.

As a Canadian, I don't think I would be a good neighbour if I just tarred all Americans with the same brush and abandoned the tens of millions of them who have similar societal values to mine.

Old 09-17-2016, 10:25 PM

7,279 posts, read 6,604,283 times
Well said and thanks for saying that ^ AJ. That goes for me too and I think you speak on behalf of many Canadians who feel the same way and do want to be good neighbours. I think it's only natural that Canadians are going to be concerned about some of the same worrisome trends that other Americans like Daniel are feeling concerns about.

Old 09-17-2016, 10:49 PM

5,964 posts, read 7,332,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
I think you're missing the big picture. Yes gun crime has declined in the US, but it will take decades of continual decline to even get close to other developed countries.

"Americans are 10 times more likely to be killed by guns than people in other developed countries, a new study finds."

"Even though it has half the population of the other 22 nations combined, the United States accounted for 82 percent of all gun deaths."

How U.S. gun deaths compare to other countries - CBS News
I am aware of the problem with gun violence that has been an issue for a long time in many inner city areas. My point is directed to those who think crime is worse when all stats prove it has been on a downward trend for some time now. I have seen comments from some Canadians on other sites saying they used to come to the US all of the time 10-20 years ago but won't now because it's too dangerous. If the U.S. was safe enough for you to visit in 2000, it certainly is as well in 2016.

Old 09-18-2016, 01:19 AM

9,443 posts, read 18,359,292 times
I can not wait until this basket case of an election is over. I honestly can't get my head around any of it.

Old 09-18-2016, 06:03 AM

34,434 posts, read 41,537,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
I can not wait until this basket case of an election is over. I honestly can't get my head around any of it.
While the election is supposed to end on Nov 8 the whining and belly aching will continue on for years . eg; whining about Obama is still prevalent 8 years later.
I cant believe this is the best America can come up with for leadership an egotistical maniac and a woman every one apparently hates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or