Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2016, 02:06 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,543,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
That statement is intellectually lazy and one would be an idiot to believe that this is what life is like in the US. The fact of the matter is is that if you are not involved in crime or don't live in the inner city, your chances of avoiding murder by gun is almost equal to any first world nation.

Btw, Americans are less than 3 times as likely to be murdered as Canadians are.
The statement is about death by GUNS, not overall homicide rates. The statement is a simple fact, which the statistics prove.

The irony is that your safety is depending on a lot of " ifs ". Ifs that Canadians don't even have to think about.

Also remember the fact that mass shootings are on the rise in the US. Those take place in schools, malls, colleges, cinema's etc. The reality is that these shootings are more random, the perception that it could happen anywhere anytime can scare SOME people.

I travel to the US and I have my city smarts about me to know NOT to go to certain neighbourhoods. I also feel fairly safe in the places I go, but I'm always aware that I am in a country where more people are packing heat, than where I come from.

Last edited by Natnasci; 09-19-2016 at 02:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Yeah, we'll certainly miss all those overweight québécois with their obscene swimsuits on the beaches of Maine next summer. Who will we make fun of?
This says a lot about you, and it's not good.

Old 09-19-2016, 02:29 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,330,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
This says a lot about you, and it's not good.
If Trump truly becomes President, there will be a lot more to worry about than "overweight tourists". People are going to have very different worries going forward, like survival.

Old 09-19-2016, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
If Trump truly becomes President, there will be a lot more to worry about than "overweight tourists". People are going to have very different worries going forward, like survival.
If he lasts. I can't see those with the real power letting him destroy much of what they've built. He joked about letting Clinton's security be unharmed to see what happens. Well I can see him having to be VERY worried even with his security around him.

He will become even more paranoid.

Old 09-19-2016, 04:10 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,307,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
What are you smoking lol!

Clinton isn't ideal in my book due to her being hawkish and too linked to the top 1% and Wall Street for my taste but she is a far cry from Trump. Trump has too many negatives including his fascination with dictators(particularly Putin), authoritarian characteristics, loose tongue(won't go into detail too much to list), lack of basic knowledge on specific domestic policy, lack of knowledge on foreign policy(apparently the fool doesn't know who our allies are and who has stood by us), use of bigoted divisive hateful comments, proposes ridiculous immigration policy which appeals to white nationalism.! The list goes on and on. Basically a populist demagogue full of bluster!
you know you can vote for a 3RD party candidate

Old 09-19-2016, 04:53 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,450,457 times
I still cannot get over how Americans swallow Trump's refusal to show his tax returns. How can they trust him, if he is potentially hiding swindling and corruption (hey, what else am I supposed to think?). Is there not a law to fork over your tax return history, if you want to be a president?

Travel to USA will become a few degrees riskier, due to bigotry, racism and hate that dimwit Trump has been stirring for a while.

Old 09-19-2016, 07:05 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,470,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Careful with the stereotype, there, Bru. Alfred is indeed a piece of work, in more ways than one. To the best of my knowledge, though, he's Asian, of Indian ancestry.

People have to get over the notion that it's only "whites" who hold these kinds of views.
I can't see where there is any reference to anyone being white in that post??

Oh, and Indians are Caucasian...

Old 09-19-2016, 07:25 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,397,426 times
Quote:

People have to get over the notion that it's only "whites" who hold these kinds of views.

Asian Americans for Trump Rep: We're The Minority 'You Can Trust' | Right Wing Watch

Old 09-19-2016, 07:30 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,481,679 times
Quote:
Careful with the stereotype, there, Bru. Alfred is indeed a piece of work, in more ways than one. To the best of my knowledge, though, he's Asian, of Indian ancestry.

Whoa nelly! Glad you jumped in with a timely reminder all is not what it seems on these boards.

Thank you Dixiegirl. I'm certainly in the demographic that should know better by now.

Old 09-19-2016, 07:33 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,481,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
Yeah, right. You don't like HRC "meddling in foreign policy" so you're willing to elect the dude who has promised to nuke the Middle East, cozy up to Putin, abandon Europe, start a trade war, and sever global alliances. That makes a hell of a lot of sense...

I think I don't like the weather in NYC, so I'll move to the North Pole. Sounds like a much better option for those who hate the cold!
Well, you'd certainly have a leg-up on being Canadian with that on your resume.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada