Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2016, 05:18 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Will you awesome Canadians allow us Americans to seek Asylum if Trump becomes President? I will have lost all respect for this country if a man that vile and childish gets access to nuclear weapons.
If you fear him getting access to nuclear weapons, going to Canada isn't going to save you because of course the entire north american continent will explode in dozens of fiery mushroom clouds laden with billions of tons of radioactive outfall. If Trump is elected, the world as we know it will cease to exist and surviving humankind will wander sightless in a post-apocalyptic wasteland.

...or maybe not.

Last edited by Mr. Joshua; 10-03-2016 at 05:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2016, 07:12 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Different opinions are fine but when you know nothing of the subject you have no business posting.As I equated before it's the same as if I told a chef how to cook when I do not know how myself.

The post's you are refering to is #178 but I ask you to see #171 and 172 for alittle more history on the subject.As I was responding to a poster who had called me ignorant.
Yes; that's the one.

Nope, Botti for all of his warts and prejudices has a fairly decent grasp of the English language. His use was such that he could have been stating something like describing my ignorance on the topic of astrophysics. That does not equate to him stating I'm ignorant.

The internet does not necessarily have to default to anonymous insulting, unless of course, that's the way we wish to roll.

Old 10-03-2016, 08:12 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
We usually go to Lake George this time of the year but due to the obsession America has lately as to whether you are a Republican or Democrat we spent a lovely long weekend in Gananoque, did the boat tour of 1000 islands, ate some great food,heads up for the Maple Leaf restaurant that serves excellent Czech food.

Old 10-03-2016, 10:59 AM

173 posts, read 181,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
If you want to know the truth most of us Americans are embarrassed. Trump is obviously an idiot and hillary is openly corrupt. Its hard for most of us to believe both of them got so far. Many people will choose the third party but in the end hillary is likely to win. Trump is just too scary. I do think its fair to say our country is in trouble, our society is breaking down and violence everywhere. Its not as simple as our gun laws, as the guns have been here 240 years. We are falling apart at a more fundamental level. I am worried about the future of this country and many others are too. Our political spectacle is just a symptom of the serious problems we seem to have. A major chapter in our history is likely going to unfold in the coming years. Oh and Canadians are always welcome here regardless of what idiot is in the white house.
I feel very much the same way. My step family is from Canada and one of my best friends is now in Van. I have thought about going even before all this, and now I'm actually looking into the logistics/legal side of it. I don't think I would move if it was just in response to the election because, IMHO, either candidate will likely only hold one term, limiting any true damage. While I'm much more pro Hilary, originally a Bernie supporter, I have looked at third party.

It is very sad that many who wish for true change and don't like either candidate are too afraid of wasting their vote on a third party. I believe if people actually voted for who they wanted a third party candidate would have a chance this election. But I, like many others, see voting for a third party as not voting against trump because it will divide the votes across a few candidates.

There is so much hate and animosity going around regardless of who is elected, it is very concerning.

Old 10-03-2016, 11:19 AM

173 posts, read 181,839 times
I'd also like to add that I think it is very sad that many religious (read: Christian) people will vote for trump solely due to his connection to the republican party and its affiliations with 'God'. I have no issues with any religious group and everyone has a right to their own opinion. But, many are in support of him due to his 'Christian' following. I just feel he is a hateful, manipulative, sleazy, selfish person that does not lead by example. If a Christian person wants to vote based on who will lead the country most inline with 'Gods' teachings, it is not the man condemning a significant amount of the population. And if you will argue that God works in many ways using all types of people how does that logic support Trump and not Hilary, or a 3rd party candidate?

Old 10-03-2016, 12:23 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,148,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
We usually go to Lake George this time of the year but due to the obsession America has lately as to whether you are a Republican or Democrat we spent a lovely long weekend in Gananoque, did the boat tour of 1000 islands, ate some great food,heads up for the Maple Leaf restaurant that serves excellent Czech food.
I have never had a random person or customer service employee ask which political party I support in my life...........

Old 10-03-2016, 01:55 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
I have never had a random person or customer service employee ask which political party I support in my life...........
Its not so overt,it will invariably come up in conversation which in the USA almost always gets around to politics,once your political leaning has been established ambiance can change.Irregardless i now prefer taking my time off and staying in Canada.

Old 10-03-2016, 01:57 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times
Quote:
My guess is that he isn't talking about random people or customer service, but the group they hang around with when the return to Lake George each year.

Old 10-03-2016, 02:01 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Pretty sure he's talking about that, inevitably talk to someone long enough, the topic of politics comes up. I know, I live in PA too. It's very irritating, and I try to end it asap, especially since my part of PA I see Trump Pence yard signs and I'm voting straight ticket Democrat

Old 10-03-2016, 02:27 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,148,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
My guess is that he isn't talking about random people or customer service, but the group they hang around with when the return to Lake George each year.
Maybe it's a more conservative/rural thing? I've never had politics come up with people I'm not friends with so far. It is an election year though, I'm sure politics came up a bit a year ago this time up in Canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Pretty sure he's talking about that, inevitably talk to someone long enough, the topic of politics comes up. I know, I live in PA too. It's very irritating, and I try to end it asap, especially since my part of PA I see Trump Pence yard signs and I'm voting straight ticket Democrat
Just curious, which part of PA are you in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada