Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 04:14 PM

7,680 posts, read 5,525,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
Please stay in Canada. No one cares. Really. No one.
Well you cared... enough to open this thread addressed to Canadians in in the Canada forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2016, 04:42 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,723,053 times
Default ....

Quote:
You say that now... but subtract all the business and money Canadians visitors bring in to the USA and I am certain it wont help the economy especailly for certain popular tourist areas.

Old 09-16-2016, 06:21 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,483,261 times
Quote:
I beg to differ with you as I keep getting invitations from a variety of American business to avail myself of their services at a preferred rate. The retirement community I live in down there is over 60% Canadian.

The local business's in Florida have no hesitation telling us they virtually budget their entire business around the snowbird season. Summer comes, they lay people off.

Someone (many) obviously cares, wouldn't you agree?

Having said that, I would not make a decision based upon Trump's idiotic personality. I would rather wait to see what negative effects his presidency has upon U.S. relations with Canada before selling out and wintering in the Greek Isles instead.

I'd miss the golf and the wonderful people from both countries I've formed friendships with down there. At my advanced age friendships are worth far more than any possible chagrin at the chosen leader of any country I visit.

Old 09-16-2016, 07:04 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,288,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
I disagree, I think Americans that want to come here should be welcomed with open arms.
Very welcome, if you want to stay just do it legally eh.

Old 09-16-2016, 07:41 PM

16,553 posts, read 10,618,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
They are both no angels... but Trump just has a nack for for saying things to annoy and often people. At least Hilary actually has experience and knows how to be diplomatic. Trump is just running his mouth like a school yard bully.
Hillary just referred to half of Trump's supporters -- which would equate to at least 20 percent of the American population -- as "deplorable." Is this your idea of being diplomatic?

For what it's worth, I visited Canada back in June, even though your prime minister is that left-wing Justin Trudeau fellow. If I successfully managed to visit a country whose leader I disdain, I'm sure you can manage it too.

Old 09-16-2016, 08:24 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,470,754 times
Quote:
I do.

Old 09-16-2016, 09:11 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,534,558 times
The fact that Trump made it this far has already made me question why I would want to spend any meaningful amount of time in the USA even if he doesn't win. What a terrifying time to live in or near the USA.

If he does win, I'd probably still be willing to visit particular places of interest, but really, he is such a turn-off that it permeates every aspect of being there. Can't help it. Sorry, USA.

Old 09-16-2016, 09:28 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,483,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
The fact that Trump made it this far has already made me question why I would want to spend any meaningful amount of time in the USA even if he doesn't win. What a terrifying time to live in or near the USA.

If he does win, I'd probably still be willing to visit particular places of interest, but really, he is such a turn-off that it permeates every aspect of being there. Can't help it. Sorry, USA.
Their recriminations over the last Bush presidency are still smarting so I'm confidant a term of Trump will have them indulging in widespread self flagellation.

At this point they've become the guy carrying a heavy box of hand grenades electing to set a few off just to lighten the load.

It's gonna hurt but it'll be cathartic if they survive.

Watch the third party vote this time around as many of the average folks down there are absolutely fed up with offerings of the two traditional parties.

I think at this point in their history they'd elect Reagan's co-star the chimp, and it even had better hair than Trump.

Old 09-16-2016, 11:29 PM

6,327 posts, read 9,151,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
We used to go to the USA for every long weekend and a big vacation to Florida once a year, we now take our long weekend getaways to Quebec and Ontario and our winter vacation to Florida seems to have been replaced by a trip to Vancouver, USA? too much political obsession,too much gun violence and heavy handed cops and border guards.Not directly as a consequence of Trump but just a heightened disagreeable attitude going on down there we prefer not to go if possible, i still have family there but some years ago i casually told my bro and Dad that i liked Obama, that was enough for them to call me a commie from that big nanny state to the north,they havent spoken to me much since,its like i'm the enemy..
Trump? here in Quebec those that actually know who he is think he's an ahole.
Apparently you and some other Canadians by comments I see in other threads don't realize gun and violent crime is now WAY lower than it was 20 years ago........ If the US was "safe" 10-20 years ago, then what is it now when all crime stats are lower today?

Old 09-16-2016, 11:55 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,720,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
They are both no angels... but Trump just has a nack for for saying things to annoy and often people. At least Hilary actually has experience and knows how to be diplomatic. Trump is just running his mouth like a school yard bully.
Ok.... If the Americans like Clinton, don't complain about it in two years.

People just look at the surface and what the candidates say, I can't argue with such superficiality. This is why democracy is always disappointing. Most voters can't tell words from actions and they always have short memory.

I honest wants Trump to be elected just to annoy those who can't stand him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada