Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 10:34 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,723,845 times

Advertisements

I really really realllllllllllllly hope this does not happen, but if Trump does become president of the USA do you think this will effect your williness to travel to the USA?

On my end. I think it might. I 100% refused to go the USA when Bush was President. I would totally be embarassed for the USA if Trump did win. I have family in the USA though so it might actually be difficult to really avoid.

Anyone else have an opinions on this they want to share?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2016, 12:03 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,722,274 times
Why?

You talk as if Ms Clinton is any better than Trump.

Don't be brainwashed by the media. Trump is not a great candidate but no worse than either Clinton or Obama.

Old 09-16-2016, 12:18 PM

2,829 posts, read 3,173,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Why?

You talk as if Ms Clinton is any better than Trump.

Don't be brainwashed by the media. Trump is not a great candidate but no worse than either Clinton or Obama.
Let's wait and see. Since Trump has never held any higher office for a day in his life, aside from managing his own businesses, I doubt you can accurately compare apples to apples in this case, where as both Clinton and Obama have been in politics and government for decades.

Just based on their pure policy experience - both Clinton and Obama are already more qualified than Trump from the get go. Sure, you could say Trump's an "outsider" and he doesn't need experience to govern, but are you really willing to gamble to fate of the largest economy in the world, the largest military and nuclear weapons stock in the world, in the hands of a man as unstable and temperamental as Trump, someone who looks up to Putin and Mussolini as role models and has listed Hitler's biography as one of his favorite reads? If it's a normal business transaction like investing in real estate, I could care less. But in this case, we are talking about the lives of 300+ million citizens and profound effects on all nations worldwide.

IMHO, anyone who's willing to consider Trump a legitimate candidate should seriously re-examine what they truly want our world to become. Clinton's political correctness may be an annoyance to some, but it is a hell lot better than blatant racism, hate, intolerance, xenophobia, and homophobia.

Old 09-16-2016, 12:32 PM

26,875 posts, read 38,019,680 times
OP: Nope.

Old 09-16-2016, 12:52 PM

295 posts, read 263,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
I really really realllllllllllllly hope this does not happen, but if Trump does become president of the USA do you think this will effect your williness to travel to the USA?

On my end. I think it might. I 100% refused to go the USA when Bush was President. I would totally be embarassed for the USA if Trump did win. I have family in the USA though so it might actually be difficult to really avoid.

Anyone else have an opinions on this they want to share?
It is very strange (to say the least) to decide not to travel to a friendly neighbouring country because of its elected leader. We can like / dislike its president, but not to visit it???

We have another thread (about Canadians hatred for US) and I think your post just proves that there are reasons behind that thread...

Old 09-16-2016, 01:22 PM

4,865 posts, read 10,524,598 times
Not for the most part, I'd still go. But I have a Muslim friend I sometimes like to go on trips with, and with him theoretically being barred entry we'd likely choose other places to road trip to within Canada.

Old 09-16-2016, 01:27 PM

Boycotting the US if Trump wins kinda sucks for the close to 50% of Americans who didn't vote for him, doesn't it?

Old 09-16-2016, 01:31 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,401,569 times
I won't go there anymore if Trump wins. It's one thing to be upset over illegal immigration which I perfectly understand, but even worse than some comments made by Trump is the comments and actions of his supporters. For example, when those guys in Boston beat up and urinated on a Mexican guy and were yelling trump, when Trump was asked about it his response was 'what can i say, my supporters are passionate". Instead of condemning it he didn't seem to care at all. This is just one example, As a Hispanic person, I don't think I could ever go to the US again if Trump is elected president. I am in the US often, the vast majority of my relatives live there so it will hurt me not to go there again, but I just won't be able to do it.

Old 09-16-2016, 01:45 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,401,569 times
My wife and I recently went to a wedding in the San Francisco bay area. We were invited back for a family event in January. We will wait and see if we will actually go. I told my wife she can go if she wants I can't force not to go but if Trump wins I will never set foot there again. I'm thinking I might catch one last LA trip soon just in case.

Last edited by UrbanLuis; 09-16-2016 at 01:56 PM..

Old 09-16-2016, 01:53 PM

I can certainly understand how you feel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada