Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 08:55 AM

22 posts, read 20,251 times

Advertisements

If you could double Canada's population tomorrow, how would you distribute the additional 36 million people in existing cities across the country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2016, 09:08 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,328,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewara19 View Post
If you could double Canada's population tomorrow, how would you distribute the additional 36 million people in existing cities across the country?

I think they should all be dumped in Toronto.

Old 10-04-2016, 09:20 AM

3,888 posts, read 3,249,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
I think they should all be dumped in Toronto.

Half in Toronto and half in Vancouver, the best city in the world where to live....

Old 10-04-2016, 09:48 AM

7,363 posts, read 8,328,045 times
LOL The reason I said Toronto is, a poster on here is always saying Toronto is only a medium sized city and would like to see it more crowded.

Vancouver is fine the way it is.

Old 10-04-2016, 10:49 AM

14,683 posts, read 14,810,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewara19 View Post
I'd send all the women and all children under the age of 6 to Manitopiaaa's house to be his house-guests for an indeterminate period of time.

Just joking.

If I had the power to distribute 36 million people across Canada it would mean I had the power to make other important decisions on Canada's behalf. So I would not send those 36 million to any of the already existing cities. To do so would create unimaginable hardships and discord for EVERYBODY in Canada. Instead I would provide them with all the necessary supplies and equipment needed and distribute them to specific undeveloped locations across Canada to create new cities and industries.

Old 10-04-2016, 11:10 AM

10,635 posts, read 16,622,761 times
How many should we send north of 60? What could be more Canadian than spending a winter in Yellowknife.

Old 10-04-2016, 03:48 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,393,507 times
I'd firstly ask why on earth anyone would want to double the population instantly?

Old 10-04-2016, 07:30 PM

14,683 posts, read 14,810,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I'd firstly ask why on earth anyone would want to double the population instantly?
I doubt anyone would want to do that instantly, but it's actually a valid question because it could happen and only take a few days, less than a week.

All we'd need is for the Yellowstone caldera to blow it's top. It's long overdue to erupt and it's a super-volcano so a super-eruption from Yellowstone could be apocalyptic for vast regions of North America. Canada's population could double or possibly triple within a week with temporary disaster refugees from the very immediate south whose homes lie in the direct path of heavy ash-fall and toxic gases. Millions of American people would only be able to head north or to the south west to get away from it. Parts of southern and eastern Canada would get some of that ash-fall too.

So it could happen. Where would we put an additional 35 - 50 million disaster refugees who arrive en masse within a week?

Old 10-04-2016, 09:19 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,512,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I doubt anyone would want to do that instantly, but it's actually a valid question because it could happen and only take a few days, less than a week.

All we'd need is for the Yellowstone caldera to blow it's top. It's long overdue to erupt and it's a super-volcano so a super-eruption from Yellowstone could be apocalyptic for vast regions of North America. Canada's population could double or possibly triple within a week with temporary disaster refugees from the very immediate south whose homes lie in the direct path of heavy ash-fall and toxic gases. Millions of American people would only be able to head north or to the south west to get away from it. Parts of southern and eastern Canada would get some of that ash-fall too.

So it could happen. Where would we put an additional 35 - 50 million disaster refugees who arrive en masse within a week?

I would leave these extremely hypothetical questions for Earth Scientists to answer. Overdue in geologic terms isn't exactly analogous to overdue homework. You'll get all kinds of different responses in regards to 'when' and 'what if' when you look into Yellowstone, it's better to not add anything more to the confusion.

Old 10-05-2016, 04:44 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,075,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
. Where would we put an additional 35 - 50 million disaster refugees who arrive en masse within a week?

Canada doesnt have the infrastructure to support such numbers of refugees,most of them and by default Canadians would starve to death along with the total destruction of the Canadian society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada