U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 08:19 PM

68 posts, read 30,457 times

Advertisements

Thanks Canada, you folks have a place with lots of natural beauty to call home and lots of great musicians. You make a good disguise while travelling. I'm thankful for the Canadarm which was used on the shuttle while it was operational. I sometimes like to joke about you guys saying eh and calling soda pop but it's all in good humor. I know some people here who think that Toronto is a state and I'm sure you like to laugh at that. In addition to that you have a handsome and studly leader who is a good boxer and who i wish we had in the white house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2016, 08:26 PM

4,699 posts, read 8,498,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graystripe View Post
Thanks Canada, you folks have a place with lots of natural beauty to call home and lots of great musicians. You make a good disguise while travelling. I'm thankful for the Canadarm which was used on the shuttle while it was operational. I sometimes like to joke about you guys saying eh and calling soda pop but it's all in good humor. I know some people here who think that Toronto is a state and I'm sure you like to laugh at that. In addition to that you have a handsome and studly leader who is a good boxer and who i wish we had in the white house.
Don't some Americans call it pop too? We call them soft drinks where I'm from, I never could get used to pop after moving.

Old 10-19-2016, 08:28 PM

247 posts, read 128,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zortation View Post
Canadians just feel good because we have a beefcake PM.
Lol agreed

Old 10-19-2016, 08:29 PM

10,425 posts, read 8,791,019 times
I have always admired Canada for staying out of the Viet Nam debacle. If I knew then what I know now I might jumped the border instead of serving.

Old 10-20-2016, 01:07 AM

2,178 posts, read 1,755,788 times
Canada is a great country, and it is lucky to have such a great neighbour (spelling fully intentional). I agree with JBG in his OP when he suggests that we both enjoy peace and prosperity due to our good relations.

Thank you, JBG. You guys really are great, in this Canadian's opinion.

Old 10-20-2016, 06:52 AM

15,959 posts, read 6,280,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevySpoons View Post
Canada is a great country, and it is lucky to have such a great neighbour (spelling fully intentional) (should be "neighbor"). I agree with JBG in his OP when he suggests that we both enjoy peace and prosperity due to our good relations.

Thank you, JBG. You guys really are great, in this Canadian's opinion.
How could I not rep this post, in spite of spelling error?

Old 10-20-2016, 07:14 AM

5,959 posts, read 7,329,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
I refuse to refer to America as anything even remotely close to 'great' at this particular time.

Donald. Trump. Is. A. Potential. President. Of. The. Country.
Yawn.....

Who will win the presidency?
Chance of winning

FiveThirtyEight
Hillary Clinton
87.2%
Donald Trump
12.7%

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/...tion-forecast/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
It is 2016, and Trump is being at least considerably democratically supported by a very concerning proportion of American citizens. So, I do believe he does represent a sort of problem with a lot of Americans' mindset.
And you gave Harper a government for 9.5 years so don't act like everyone up there is some perfect angel too........

Old 10-20-2016, 07:17 AM

5,959 posts, read 7,329,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMBAM View Post
Don't some Americans call it pop too? We call them soft drinks where I'm from, I never could get used to pop after moving.
Yes plenty do, pop is the preferred term here in Pittsburgh and other areas through the Great Lakes, Northwest, and Northern Great Plains. I've heard people claim saying pop is a way to differentiate Americans from Canadians. Uh no not at all, it just shows how many areas of the U.S. you've never been to.

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/201...t3.05.00PM.png

Old 10-20-2016, 09:11 AM

15,959 posts, read 6,280,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
And you gave Harper a government for 9.5 years so don't act like everyone up there is some perfect angel too........
Stephen Harper is no Donald Trump. Harper did not ever urge his supporters to send demonstrators "out in a stretcher." He never suggested that he would not accept the results of the 2004, 2006, 2008, 2011 or 2015 elections. He never called an opponent a "fat pig" or "loser."

As you pointed out Trump had little chance of winning the election before last night's debate and even less now.

Old 10-20-2016, 09:48 AM

15,891 posts, read 15,308,285 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwDvF0NtgdU
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada