U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-10-2016, 02:50 PM
 
3,153 posts, read 2,075,374 times
Reputation: 1256

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I believe I did answer your question and you've ignored that with another silly rejoinder of my preferring to take a bullet.
You did not reply.....would you take a bullet?? A simple yes or no....please...for the third time...I answer for you....no you would prefer not to take that bullet my friend....

Quote:
Rant? Every single time someone tries to elucidate their point to you in detail because you refuse to see the distinction between fear of the firearm and fear of the conditions making them prudent for self defense, you accuse them of being irrational, ranting or now hysteria while you feel free to bolster a point by fictionalizing about a hypothetical Canadian mall shootout with you being Wyatt Earp.

You do know that white horses are generally prohibited in malls in Canada I hope.

Carrying a firearm is like having insurance...you hope you never need it...if someone wants to carry one, even if he lives in the statistically safest city on the planet, you have no right to tell him not to...he does not bother me or infringe on my freedom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-10-2016, 03:08 PM
 
18,302 posts, read 10,393,778 times
Reputation: 13370
Saturno please recall your comment about "rational discussion" and consider how rational you're presently being by denying I answered your question as it was asked!

You asked: "this guy is starting to shoot in your direction......I'm next to you...you want me armed trying to stop him or ........

I answered: "NO, I don't want you armed and beside me in Canada."

I believe my answer was clear to all but the most obtuse and stubborn.

Once again; no one is challenging your right. I'm challenging the thought process behind exercising it in the manner you choose to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2016, 03:17 PM
 
Location: Canada
3,917 posts, read 2,734,227 times
Reputation: 5092
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Carrying a firearm is like having insurance...you hope you never need it...if someone wants to carry one, even if he lives in the statistically safest city on the planet, you have no right to tell him not to...he does not bother me or infringe on my freedom.
Tell that to the judge. I doubt he/she will be impressed by your perception of your freedoms if you are breaking the law.

If you don't plan to respect a country's laws, don't visit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2016, 03:19 PM
 
1,504 posts, read 632,482 times
Reputation: 1362
Refugees running from trouble should go home and fix their own nation. Americans running from those who think the partial fall of political correctness is a crisis....should just stay home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2016, 03:24 PM
 
18,302 posts, read 10,393,778 times
Reputation: 13370
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Refugees running from trouble should go home and fix their own nation. Americans running from those who think the partial fall of political correctness is a crisis....should just stay home.
Interesting analogy! As so many of them have expressed that exact reasoning towards refugees; they're not going to be happy to hear it applied to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2016, 03:33 PM
 
1,504 posts, read 632,482 times
Reputation: 1362
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Interesting analogy! As so many of them have expressed that exact reasoning towards refugees; they're not going to be happy to hear it applied to them.
I have an expensive hotel room paid for and waiting in New York...Your boarder guys got harsh with me after many nice trips into the states...I am now on the list of those denied entry for some pot charge from 1970 and a dated youthful criminal record. I am a good man...who raised four wonderful kids..

Now America insists I am an undesirable. Not fit to tread their soil....I will tell this to the Americans...You bar me....I bar you- stay home.

Yah the pot charge...At eighteen I was living with the daughter of a conservative senator...the family wanted me gone and sent a couple of guys in suits who found me with a roach....great....as for having an assault charge from when I was 19...we threw a snow ball at a car on new years night...the drunken guy got out and attacked us....He lost the fight....

So under British style colonial law they criminalized me/ JERKS.


Of course America will have me if I repent at 66 years of age and give them 12 hundred dollars.....Yes I was deeply hurt by the rejection...okay.....I forgive you.....come on over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2016, 03:55 PM
 
3,153 posts, read 2,075,374 times
Reputation: 1256
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Tell that to the judge. I doubt he/she will be impressed by your perception of your freedoms if you are breaking the law.

If you don't plan to respect a country's laws, don't visit.

I do not carry in Canada...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2016, 03:58 PM
 
3,153 posts, read 2,075,374 times
Reputation: 1256
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Saturno please recall your comment about "rational discussion" and consider how rational you're presently being by denying I answered your question as it was asked!

You asked: "this guy is starting to shoot in your direction......I'm next to you...you want me armed trying to stop him or ........

I answered: "NO, I don't want you armed and beside me in Canada."

I believe my answer was clear to all but the most obtuse and stubborn.

Once again; no one is challenging your right. I'm challenging the thought process behind exercising it in the manner you choose to.

So you would rather die..interesting...hopefully you do not have to prove your point in real life.

You have no business challenging my "thought process" as long as it does not infringe your rights.

Liberal and conservatives are all the same...they love "freedom" as long as is convenient to their preconceived notions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2016, 04:07 PM
 
2,567 posts, read 1,339,512 times
Reputation: 2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
No it's about education and knowledge. Your statements, as mine, stand on their own and others will judge us both. History will be the final judge, and history has taught us many things. Some which seem lost on you.

You even thought Fascism was a left wing ideology when you lumped Hitler into the mix. That alone, makes me take what you have to say with a grain of salt.
You have me confused with somebody else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-10-2016, 04:13 PM
 
2,567 posts, read 1,339,512 times
Reputation: 2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
...and what was Reagan going to do? Start a nuclear war with the USSR? Is that what " scared " them.

Giving Reagan credit for the break-up of the USSR is revisionist history.
Reagan engaged them in an arms race that broke them and brought them to their knees. They could not afford to continue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top