U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-13-2016, 12:27 PM
 
3,153 posts, read 2,071,152 times
Reputation: 1256

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
The right to life AND the self defense are not, and never have been, up for majority vote. We have both.
If you prevent someone from defending himself/herself with a weapon in case of assault you actually infringe on the right to self defense.....a 110 pounds woman assaulted for rape by a 220 pounds man does not have the same chance of defending herself without a weapon..period.

Quote:
We have gun rights. We have never needed a constitution and we now have a charter.
Newsflash: Canada has indeed a constitution https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_of_Canada (the Charter of Rights and Freedom is part of the Constitution) and, as far as I know, there is no mention of gun rights...owning a gun in Canada is a privilege given to you by the authorities, it is not a right...big difference.

Quote:
The reasons for gun control are varied and history has proven them to be on the whole, correct......... so far.
History actually often proved otherwise....some of the first acts of tyrants and dictators have been disarming of the population...Hitler, Marcos, etc...

Quote:
This post is back to reasoned discussion. Thank you.
I wish.....

Last edited by saturno_v; 11-13-2016 at 12:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-13-2016, 12:36 PM
 
3,153 posts, read 2,071,152 times
Reputation: 1256
Quote:
Botti; you forget the man is a self-admitted sexual predator.
Where Trump actually admitted to be a sexual predator?? I'm all ears...

Listen to the famous recording here:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyE7jzhDEG0


He admit to be a sexist pig, a womanizer, a misogynist....but never a "sexual predator", in the famous "grabbing" part of the recording he says "if you are a star they let you do it" meaning he implies consent....not to mention that it may be actually just stupid bragging...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2016, 12:44 PM
 
Location: Here and now.
11,917 posts, read 3,631,242 times
Reputation: 12869
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Where Trump actually admitted to be a sexual predator?? I'm all ears...

Listen to the famous recording here:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyE7jzhDEG0


He admit to be a sexist pig, a woman chaser.....but never a "sexual predator", in the famous "grabbing" part of the recording he says "if you are a star they let you do it" meaning he implies consent....not to mention that it may be actually just stupid bragging...
Ummm...I don't know about you, but in my world, consent comes *before* the grabbing. It's not implied simply because the grab-ees were too stunned, shocked, or otherwise gobsmacked to give him a well-deserved slap across the face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2016, 12:48 PM
 
3,153 posts, read 2,071,152 times
Reputation: 1256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Ummm...I don't know about you, but in my world, consent comes *before* the grabbing. It's not implied simply because the grab-ees were too stunned, shocked, or otherwise gobsmacked to give him a well-deserved slap across the face.

That is all assumption on your part.....he says "if you are a star they let you do it"....there is no way that from that snippet you can actually understand if the consent is before or after....it would be odd (but entirely possible) for someone to grab someone's crotch out of the blue before some heavy advances first...we just do not know and, again, it may be just talk.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2016, 12:54 PM
 
18,265 posts, read 10,366,114 times
Reputation: 13321
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Where Trump actually admitted to be a sexual predator?? I'm all ears...

Listen to the famous recording here:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyE7jzhDEG0


He admit to be a sexist pig, a womanizer, a misogynist....but never a "sexual predator", in the famous "grabbing" part of the recording he says "if you are a star they let you do it" meaning he implies consent....not to mention that it may be actually just stupid bragging...
Well let's see; aside from the fact you've quoted his admission in your post; to elucidate further; he implies they've consented when they actually haven't, he implies they let him do it when in reality he knows they haven't and he knows that they cannot complain because his known use of his wealth and power result in those who do, being punished; all adds up to a man who will gleefully seek out only pretty women to grope in a sexual manner regardless if they want him too or not and couldn't shive-a-git about the consequences related to them complaining about it.

Seeking out, sexual groping without consent, knowing he can get away with it due to his position...... uum,.... that's pretty much the description of a sexual predator Sat.

.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2016, 01:06 PM
 
3,153 posts, read 2,071,152 times
Reputation: 1256
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Well let's see; aside from the fact you've quoted his admission in your post; to elucidate further; he implies they've consented when they actually haven't, he implies they let him do it when in reality he knows they haven't and he knows that they cannot complain because his known use of his wealth and power result in those who do, being punished; all adds up to a man who will gleefully seek out only pretty women to grope in a sexual manner regardless if they want him too or not and couldn't shive-a-git about the consequences related to them complaining about it.

He implies consent..that's it, that's all you can imply from that recording, before or after we do not know.......all the rest is your own assumptions......and, again, it's all talk...

He may be a sexual predator....we just do not know and definitely he does not admit being one in that video...he does admit being a sexist misogynist yes for sure.

Actually he admits finally backing off in his advances on another married woman in the first part of the video.

Finally...if you do not think that in that particular world there are some women willing to go in bed with celebrities to curry favors you live in La-La land....

I would argue that someone like Donald Trump, applying logic, would actually not need to be a sexual predator to have sex with women....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2016, 01:45 PM
 
18,265 posts, read 10,366,114 times
Reputation: 13321
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
If you prevent someone from defending himself/herself with a weapon in case of assault you actually infringe on the right to self defense.....a 110 pounds woman assaulted for rape by a 220 pounds man does not have the same chance of defending herself without a weapon..period.



Newsflash: Canada has indeed a constitution https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_of_Canada (the Charter of Rights and Freedom is part of the Constitution) and, as far as I know, there is no mention of gun rights...owning a gun in Canada is a privilege given to you by the authorities, it is not a right...big difference.



History actually often proved otherwise....some of the first acts of tyrants and dictators have been disarming of the population...Hitler, Marcos, etc...



I wish.....
Aah nuts, you're at it again!

People getting hit by a bus in Canada is of far more likely a scenario but they still manage to cross major intersections without carrying a firearm. Being afraid of a remote possibility to the extent they wish to carry a firearm is not the Canadian way ........yet. You're different. We understand.

Can Canadians purchase firearms Saturno and to quote you "yes or no will suffice"?


I think you know the difference between an "act" describing the constitution of a country that encompasses a number of documents including the Charter without there being one single document described as "the constitution". Any term referred to as "the constitution of Canada" refers to the structural make up of documents of legislation, a charter describing our rights, a codicil for Aboriginal rights and any number of customs or traditions long held but not necessarily etched in stone. It describes our way of running the country using all of those without laying each one out in detail and making them inviolate. Our charter serves that role and forms a part of the constitution of Canada

constitution definition. A nation or state's fundamental set of laws. Most nations with constitutions have them in written form, such as the United States Constitution. The constitution of Britain, by contrast, is an informal set of traditions, based on several different laws.

to wit: "The Canadian Constitution is composed of written and unwritten statutes, customs, judicial decisions, and tradition. The written part of the Constitution consists of the Constitution Act, 1867, which created a federation and the division of legislative powers between the federal and provincial governments, and the Constitution Act, 1982, which transferred formal control over amendments to the Constitution from Britain to Canada, and added a Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms."

Newsflash: that old meme of Hitler disarming his people using gun control has been long ago debunked
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_gun_control_theory

When Canadians are "prevented" from owning firearms come on back and float your balloon of hot air.

Until then why can't you just accept the fact Canadians are not afraid of their daily surroundings, Canadians do not desire their country to address the carrying of firearms upon their person and would deem it a societal regression were they ever to need to. You're different. We understand.

Now, we return you to your regularly scheduled programming of fear and anxiety thinly disguised as an expressed freedom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2016, 01:54 PM
 
18,265 posts, read 10,366,114 times
Reputation: 13321
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
He implies consent..that's it, that's all you can imply from that recording, before or after we do not know.......all the rest is your own assumptions......and, again, it's all talk...

He may be a sexual predator....we just do not know and definitely he does not admit being one in that video...he does admit being a sexist misogynist yes for sure.

Actually he admits finally backing off in his advances on another married woman in the first part of the video.

Finally...if you do not think that in that particular world there are some women willing to go in bed with celebrities to curry favors you live in La-La land....

I would argue that someone like Donald Trump, applying logic, would actually not need to be a sexual predator to have sex with women....

Aaah, that covers it nicely the logic he cannot be one because he doesn't need to be one. Perverts who are rich cannot be perverts because they don't need to be. Roger Ailes, Bill Cosby, Jeffery Epstein, Jared Fogle; is that you?

http://www.dailywire.com/news/5556/7...-prestigiacomo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2016, 02:00 PM
 
Location: Vancouver
12,680 posts, read 8,743,773 times
Reputation: 7283
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Aah nuts, you're at it again!

People getting hit by a bus in Canada is of far more likely a scenario but they still manage to cross major intersections without carrying a firearm. Being afraid of a remote possibility to the extent they wish to carry a firearm is not the Canadian way ........yet. You're different. We understand.

Can Canadians purchase firearms Saturno and to quote you "yes or no will suffice"?


I think you know the difference between an "act" describing the constitution of a country that encompasses a number of documents including the Charter without there being one single document described as "the constitution". Any term referred to as "the constitution of Canada" refers to the structural make up of documents of legislation, a charter describing our rights, a codicil for Aboriginal rights and any number of customs or traditions long held but not necessarily etched in stone. It describes our way of running the country using all of those without laying each one out in detail and making them inviolate. Our charter serves that role and forms a part of the constitution of Canada

constitution definition. A nation or state's fundamental set of laws. Most nations with constitutions have them in written form, such as the United States Constitution. The constitution of Britain, by contrast, is an informal set of traditions, based on several different laws.

to wit: "The Canadian Constitution is composed of written and unwritten statutes, customs, judicial decisions, and tradition. The written part of the Constitution consists of the Constitution Act, 1867, which created a federation and the division of legislative powers between the federal and provincial governments, and the Constitution Act, 1982, which transferred formal control over amendments to the Constitution from Britain to Canada, and added a Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms."

Newsflash: that old meme of Hitler disarming his people using gun control has been long ago debunked
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_gun_control_theory

When Canadians are "prevented" from owning firearms come on back and float your balloon of hot air.

Until then why can't you just accept the fact Canadians are not afraid of their daily surroundings, Canadians do not desire their country to address the carrying of firearms upon their person and would deem it a societal regression were they ever to need to. You're different. We understand.

Now, we return you to your regularly scheduled programming of fear and anxiety thinly disguised as an expressed freedom.
What I'd like to know is this. Saturno said that sometimes he carries, and sometimes he doesn't. Why? What is happening on the day he decides it's best to have his gun with him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-13-2016, 02:06 PM
 
2,567 posts, read 1,335,142 times
Reputation: 2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Aaah, that covers it nicely the logic he cannot be one because he doesn't need to be one. Perverts who are rich cannot be perverts because they don't need to be. Roger Ailes, Bill Cosby, Jeffery Epstein, Jared Fogle; is that you?

7 Things You Need To Know About Trump And Sex Slave Island | Daily Wire
Bill Clinton. We can't forget Bill Clinton. The guy whose wife was a candidate to be POTUS and who dirtied up the women who were accusing her husband of sexual assault. How do women view this crooked person as an asset to them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top