U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2016, 05:29 PM

5,692 posts, read 6,538,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Just because someone is a minority doesn't make them smart. Millions of Americans of all types have been voting against their own interests for years. So no, you vote for a deplorable, you are deplorable.

The only vicarious satisfaction I'll get is when this idiots finally realize Trump will do NOTHING for them.
Let's hope that it's not worse than 'nothing.' That Trump will do nothing for the people who voted for him is something I take for granted but I worry about something worse than nothing happening in the rest of the world. Unfortunately, we would all suffer then. My hope is that there are enough normal people around him to shepherd him away from the most damaging aspects of his world view. Narcissists like him are vulnerable to flattery so it is possible, I think, as long as people let him think that the better ideas are his own even when they aren't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2016, 09:50 PM

3,153 posts, read 2,072,511 times
Quote:
Just because someone is a minority doesn't make them smart. Millions of Americans of all types have been voting against their own interests for years. So no, you vote for a deplorable, you are deplorable.

The only vicarious satisfaction I'll get is when this idiots finally realize Trump will do NOTHING for them.

Millions of Americans have voted against their own interest regardless if they voted Democrat or GOP....the puppet masters are all the same.

I do not see Trump as a deplorable...yet...we will judge the Trump presidency at the right time is too soon...

Old 11-25-2016, 05:22 AM

10,847 posts, read 11,265,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Botti; you forget the man is a self-admitted sexual predator. 13 women coming forward publicly against a man well known to have no restraint against using his wealth and position to utterly destroy people he takes a dislike to, took an enormous amount of courage. These women know full well the ramifications, in terms of their lives being severely impacted in a bad way, of accusing Trump and did so anyway.

Having your crotch groped by someone rich and powerful while you are neither, and stepping forward at the time to do something abut it cannot be the easiest decision to make given the history of that going badly for so many women in the past century. Our society is loath to do the right thing when it comes to this stuff.

That's an alternate viewpoint to yours.
it is your speculation. If there is no evidence, it didn't happen. If you choose to believe what you want to believe, that's your problem. I only believe evidence.

Maybe those women seduced him in the first place, didn't get they want wanted and retaliated. There are a 100 possibilities. I have nothing against women but the fact is We just don't know.

Prove him guilty and put him in prison. I don't care. Without evidence it is just he says she says. The fact Trump bragged about it proves absolutely nothing. Men brag about their sexual experience all the time, big deal.

The right thing? The law is the right thing. Nothing else.

Old 11-25-2016, 05:26 AM

18,274 posts, read 10,377,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
it is your speculation. If there is no evidence, it didn't happen. If you choose to believe what you want to believe, that's your problem. I only believe evidence.

Maybe those women seduced him in the first place, didn't get they want wanted and retaliated. There are a 100 possibilities. I have nothing against women but the fact is We just don't know.

Prove him guilty and put him in prison. I don't care. Without evidence it is just he says she says. The fact Trump bragged about it proves absolutely nothing. Men brag about their sexual experience all the time, big deal.

You still aren't getting the part about his having admitted it himself. I even underlined it for you.

Old 11-25-2016, 09:57 AM

7,244 posts, read 6,585,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post

Botti, he said he did it. I heard it .... everybody who listens to the news heard it. You call it bragging other people call it admission. His admission of guilt has been verified by some of the women he did it to. It's not the responsibility of the law to prove that he did something that he has already admitted to. If Trump wants to take back his admission now it should be his responsibility to prove that he didn't assault those women and that his brags were just more lies.

And for your information, men bragging all the time about their sexual exploits and assaults on other people is a very big deal, it's dangerous, it's violent and sadistic and it means there is something mentally wrong with them. Men who think it's okay or who defend that kind of bragging from other men have something wrong with them too.

Old 11-25-2016, 10:16 AM

12,690 posts, read 8,756,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Millions of Americans have voted against their own interest regardless if they voted Democrat or GOP....the puppet masters are all the same.

I do not see Trump as a deplorable...yet...we will judge the Trump presidency at the right time is too soon...
I did say of all types.

Man, if you don't think Trump is deplorable after running a vicious, racist, misogynistic, and lie filled campaign,then we are very different people.

No matter what he does now doesn't get him off for his despicable behaviour.

Old 11-25-2016, 10:28 AM

293 posts, read 161,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Botti, he said he did it. I heard it .... everybody who listens to the news heard it. You call it bragging other people call it admission. His admission of guilt has been verified by some of the women he did it to. It's not the responsibility of the law to prove that he did something that he has already admitted to. If Trump wants to take back his admission now it should be his responsibility to prove that he didn't assault those women and that his brags were just more lies.

And for your information, men bragging all the time about their sexual exploits and assaults on other people is a very big deal, it's dangerous, it's violent and sadistic and it means there is something mentally wrong with them. Men who think it's okay or who defend that kind of bragging from other men have something wrong with them too.

Fortunately, the law system in democratic countries requires much more than admission alone. Prosecution still need to provide evidences and prove the guilt. And a person can withdraw admission any time without any responsibility to prove anything. It is the responsibility of other side (prosecution).

I wonder why are you "liberal" minded folk don't know such basic principles of western democratic liberties.

Old 11-25-2016, 11:44 AM

3,910 posts, read 2,728,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_wanderer View Post
Fortunately, the law system in democratic countries requires much more than admission alone. Prosecution still need to provide evidences and prove the guilt. And a person can withdraw admission any time without any responsibility to prove anything. It is the responsibility of other side (prosecution).

I wonder why are you "liberal" minded folk don't know such basic principles of western democratic liberties.
Sure, and if Trump sues as he said he would, evidence would be forthcoming. Some if not all of the women spoke to other people about what happened at the time it happened. I'm sure these people would be called to testify as to what was said to them. Some of the women who came forward had a lawyer by their side so had received legal counsel before speaking out.

I very much doubt Trump is going to sue.

Old 11-25-2016, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
You still aren't getting the part about his having admitted it himself. I even underlined it for you.
Botti is right

That was just bragging (like so many men do in the real world) and, as we discussed before, with implied consent....calling him a "sexual predator" from that line is ridiculous....again, I'm not defending what he said but the accusation you laying on him based on that recording is nonsense.

Last edited by saturno_v; 11-25-2016 at 12:53 PM..

Old 11-25-2016, 12:46 PM

Quote:

Man, if you don't think Trump is deplorable after running a vicious, racist, misogynistic, and lie filled campaign,then we are very different people.

No matter what he does now doesn't get him off for his despicable behaviour.

Trump has already reversed course compared to the campaign trail......second, I'm not defending what he said but I would love to actually hear and read for myself all the exact thing he said without relying on the mainstream media interpretation....again I'm not defending his stupid and offensive language and bombastic claims but at least some of the accusation seems to be a bit far fetched...

Last edited by saturno_v; 11-25-2016 at 01:57 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or