U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-25-2016, 10:36 PM
 
3,153 posts, read 2,072,511 times
Reputation: 1256

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Your moral compass is off a degree or two if you cannot discern the difference between a guy not having to brag because he can purchase his arm candy easier than most can buy a used car and some guy bragging in a locker room to other guys.

You really need to look up what constitutes a sexual predator....... hint: it's not an alien creature that can change colour like a chameleon hiding in the bushes waiting to strike.

If you think the term is overused today; that's fine, but what would you call a person using his position of undisputed power to intimidate and force sexual contact of any kind numerous times upon a very select demographic?

I have no bone in this issue...I do not like Trump and I did not vote for him.....is not a matter of my moral compass.

I still have to see evidence of Trump intimidating people for sexual favors....I'm not saying it could not have happened.......but I do know for a fact that in that world sexual favors are often offered....

Last edited by saturno_v; 11-25-2016 at 10:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-25-2016, 10:51 PM
 
3,153 posts, read 2,072,511 times
Reputation: 1256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Hear for yourself? Sheesh. Mainstream media can and does distort, no argument there. BUT, they would have had to piece together clips, like a ransom note using cut out words, to be accused of distortion on Trump. They didn't have to. We all heard him and there us no way you can blame media for this. I blame them for being too soft and not holding his feet to the fire.
Well, in one case I did exactly piece together one of Trump most famous blunders that earned him the accusation of being racist.....well if you actually listen to the entire clip, something different emerge...he said that "Mexico does not send to us their best but often bad people, criminals rapists" and nonsense like that...he did not accuse Mexicans tout court of being bad people or rapists....again, he claimed "Mexico does not send to us the best"....obviously utter nonsense, a stupid and offensive claim but not "racist" per se.....

Trump fantasies aside, for example, to draw an historical parallel about something that actually did really happen, Fidel Castro (RIP) did send the worst coming out of Cuban prisons in 1980 mixed with regular refugees (The famous Marielitos crisis).....he emptied the jails of common criminals and Florida paid the consequences....


Quote:
Reversing course? The only course he's on is for his own gain. The fools he is choosing for his government are just a taste of the disaster that is about to unfold.

We will see....currently the stock market is on an unstoppable winning streak.....and no important official picks for his government have been announced...predicting the future is often a fool's errand

Last edited by saturno_v; 11-26-2016 at 12:13 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2016, 12:07 AM
 
Location: British Columbia ♥ 🍁 ♥
7,244 posts, read 6,585,166 times
Reputation: 14232
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post

Well, in one case I did exactly piece together one of Trump most famous blunders that earned him the accusation of being racist.....well if you actually listen to the entire clip, something different emerge...he said that "Mexico does not send to us their best but often bad people, criminals rapists" and nonsense like that...he did not accuse Mexicans tout court of being bad people or rapists....again, he claimed "Mexico does not send to us the best"....obviously utter nonsense, a stupid and offensive claim but not "racist" per se.........
Just so you know, we know what he said. Maybe you aren't aware that the debates, rallies and speeches were broadcast in their entirety here in Canada. Live. And then the most titillating and self-condemning parts were broadcast again on Canadian nightly TV news casts and in local newspapers and media websites. There was no escaping from it if you wanted to. So those of us Canadians following those live broadcasts and listening to the news all watched him speaking, saw his lips move and we heard exactly what he said about the Mexicans. And what he said about his assaults of women. And we didn't have to piece anything together or look for cut and spliced bits and snips on youtube or phoney news websites.

.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2016, 08:04 AM
 
965 posts, read 509,599 times
Reputation: 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Just so you know, we know what he said. Maybe you aren't aware that the debates, rallies and speeches were broadcast in their entirety here in Canada. Live. And then the most titillating and self-condemning parts were broadcast again on Canadian nightly TV news casts and in local newspapers and media websites. There was no escaping from it if you wanted to. So those of us Canadians following those live broadcasts and listening to the news all watched him speaking, saw his lips move and we heard exactly what he said about the Mexicans. And what he said about his assaults of women. And we didn't have to piece anything together or look for cut and spliced bits and snips on youtube or phoney news websites.

.
I have be so enjoying this thread, and after putting a few on ignore (I still see the quote bits - which is actually still plenty). I have even seen wonderful rebuttals, and a nice broad crosssection of those who really use their thought processes.

Occasionally I have considered relocating: immigrating to Canada. I have a great grandmother from Canada, yes I know I can't get there because of her I didn't help take down the immigration site either. I usually look at Nova Scotia websites when I pretend I can move there.

Sometimes I meet close minded Canadians (closed countried?), just like from any country. So I know Canadians aren't all perfect, but the bulk of Canadians I have personally had contact with have been decent, knowledgeable human beings. This thread shines with those people, and I appreciate it. Thank you for so calmly stating your thoughts, and feelings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2016, 08:26 AM
 
Location: Vancouver
12,690 posts, read 8,756,192 times
Reputation: 7304
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
Well, in one case I did exactly piece together one of Trump most famous blunders that earned him the accusation of being racist.....well if you actually listen to the entire clip, something different emerge...he said that "Mexico does not send to us their best but often bad people, criminals rapists" and nonsense like that...he did not accuse Mexicans tout court of being bad people or rapists....again, he claimed "Mexico does not send to us the best"....obviously utter nonsense, a stupid and offensive claim but not "racist" per se.....

Trump fantasies aside, for example, to draw an historical parallel about something that actually did really happen, Fidel Castro (RIP) did send the worst coming out of Cuban prisons in 1980 mixed with regular refugees (The famous Marielitos crisis).....he emptied the jails of common criminals and Florida paid the consequences....





We will see....currently the stock market is on an unstoppable winning streak.....and no important official picks for his government have been announced...predicting the future is often a fool's errand
That quote about Mexicans was heard in full and understood perfectly by me. That statement takes on greater significance when you couple it with his statement on the US judge with Mexican heritage not being impartial because of that. That is racist. Plus his statements and his narrow views on blacks. So I think we can lay to rest the question as to whether or not he is racist.

Predicting the future accurately is a fools errand, but a person that gets in a leaky boat and expects it to float, is the fool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2016, 08:33 AM
 
965 posts, read 509,599 times
Reputation: 1895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
That quote about Mexicans was heard in full and understood perfectly by me. That statement takes on greater significance when you couple it with his statement on the US judge with Mexican heritage not being impartial because of that. That is racist. Plus his statements and his narrow views on blacks. So I think we can lay to rest the question as to whether or not he is racist.

Predicting the future accurately is a fools errand, but a person that gets in a leaky boat and expects it to float, is the fool.
Can't rep you again yet. ^^^This, and I didnt even need to read what you were answering to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2016, 02:37 AM
 
10,847 posts, read 11,265,341 times
Reputation: 7586
you guys are missing the whole point of Trump's agenda. It is just hilarious to see the continued discussion about racism as if that is what Trump cares about.

Come on, see through the surface. The American economy is in big trouble, and that's the key issue. Spending billions of dollars on overseas wars instead domestic infrastructure, that's the issue. The fact that America today has a smaller middle class than 30 years ago, that's the issue. The plan to continue BS project such as the TTP/TTIP etc giving international corporation all the power, that's the issue. The ability for multinationals to evade taxes and hide all their wealth overseas, that's the issue.

And you think things like women's rights, LGBT, "diversity" blah blah is all this election is about all Trump cares about, as if that's what a US president should be most concerned with, that's just pathetic. Those ARE important, but that's more like what the first lady should talk about. Your world is REALLY REALLY small.

ANd this "I am moving to Canada because Trump as president is unacceptable" is LAUGHABLE. The moral superiority displayed in such speeches is even more ironic. Yeah, move, who cares.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2016, 08:12 AM
 
Location: Murrieta California
2,994 posts, read 3,749,105 times
Reputation: 2127
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
you guys are missing the whole point of Trump's agenda. It is just hilarious to see the continued discussion about racism as if that is what Trump cares about.

Come on, see through the surface. The American economy is in big trouble, and that's the key issue. Spending billions of dollars on overseas wars instead domestic infrastructure, that's the issue. The fact that America today has a smaller middle class than 30 years ago, that's the issue. The plan to continue BS project such as the TTP/TTIP etc giving international corporation all the power, that's the issue. The ability for multinationals to evade taxes and hide all their wealth overseas, that's the issue.

And you think things like women's rights, LGBT, "diversity" blah blah is all this election is about all Trump cares about, as if that's what a US president should be most concerned with, that's just pathetic. Those ARE important, but that's more like what the first lady should talk about. Your world is REALLY REALLY small.

ANd this "I am moving to Canada because Trump as president is unacceptable" is LAUGHABLE. The moral superiority displayed in such speeches is even more ironic. Yeah, move, who cares.
+1

Excellent post and spot on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2016, 08:57 AM
 
Location: Vancouver
12,690 posts, read 8,756,192 times
Reputation: 7304
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
you guys are missing the whole point of Trump's agenda. It is just hilarious to see the continued discussion about racism as if that is what Trump cares about.

Come on, see through the surface. The American economy is in big trouble, and that's the key issue. Spending billions of dollars on overseas wars instead domestic infrastructure, that's the issue. The fact that America today has a smaller middle class than 30 years ago, that's the issue. The plan to continue BS project such as the TTP/TTIP etc giving international corporation all the power, that's the issue. The ability for multinationals to evade taxes and hide all their wealth overseas, that's the issue.

And you think things like women's rights, LGBT, "diversity" blah blah is all this election is about all Trump cares about, as if that's what a US president should be most concerned with, that's just pathetic. Those ARE important, but that's more like what the first lady should talk about. Your world is REALLY REALLY small.

ANd this "I am moving to Canada because Trump as president is unacceptable" is LAUGHABLE. The moral superiority displayed in such speeches is even more ironic. Yeah, move, who cares.
It's about integrity and respect to get those things done. Being President is not like being a CEO as Trump will find out. His ego is his Achilles heel. His reaction to act before thinking makes a poor President.

Being a good leader brings people together. Trump?

His campaign was nothing but vague promises about jobs and trade. When he gave anything like a detail it was about getting rid of something and not knowing what he would replace it with.

The First Lady??? Wow. She can talk all she wants but the President is the one that gets thing done. To simply say equal rights are important but we can only talk about them and not have the legislative bodies DO something about them is truly one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard you say.

So how would YOU feel Botticelli if removing the head tax on Chinese was just talked about but never acted on? You being a racial minority in Canada just hung yourself. You as a racial minority would not have the same rights if we only talked about them because you are putting commerce before humanity.

Last edited by Natnasci; 11-27-2016 at 09:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2016, 03:58 PM
 
3,153 posts, read 2,072,511 times
Reputation: 1256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
That quote about Mexicans was heard in full and understood perfectly by me. That statement takes on greater significance when you couple it with his statement on the US judge with Mexican heritage not being impartial because of that. That is racist.

...is not racist...it is stupid big difference.....Trump idiotically implied about that judge could be swayed in his decision by his heritage......he accused him of potential bias....stop seeing racism everywhere.....

Let me tell you something......in an international football match usually the referee is specifically picked from a third nation...he cannot be a national of one of the two countries involved in the match...is that racist??

That judge is American so was very stupid of Trump to even go there....but racism is a different thing.

Bu I understand...after all you live in a city where when someone even dare to mention the stench of corruption about dirty money coming your way, that someone is immediately labeled as "racist"....

What did he say about blacks?? As far as i know he said he wants to make inner cities safer which is actually good for minorities.....

Remember Hillary comment on "super predators"??

Last edited by saturno_v; 11-27-2016 at 04:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top