Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-13-2016, 09:52 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,236,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I'm going to choose to ignore all the bumph you've frothed and just deal with the one that is the continual theme of your stupidity.
You ignore things when you do not know how to respond...so typical...

Quote:
This girl was attacked in her own home, not out in the street. As such she could have and would have been within the law in Canada to have had a home defence weapon/firearm.

In her home she quite likely would not have been carrying a firearm regardless of legality allowing such. How many of you stupid people carry your firearm while tossing a salad in your own kitchen? More to the freaking point how many of you would think that being a normal condition?

I guess you missed the part where she says she is glad there were no guns in the house?

My point is still, as it has always been that if you live in such a place you think it prudent; Canadians by comparison would think of that as a societal failure and would move heaven and earth before accepting that as a fait accompli.

Where are you coming from with the conflating everything I've clearly laid out regarding the "carrying of a weapon" as undesired by the bulk of Canadians to her being able to defend herself in her own home.

You now come up with this emotive "tell it to her" bullcrap implying a loftier moral imperative somewhere within that nonsense?
Ranting and your logorrhea overdrive aside, as far as I remember in Canada you are supposed to keep your guns locked and unloaded at home.

By the way there are a lot of Canadians that think gun legislation should be a bit more permissive (including carrying permit) in Canada...do not put everyone in the same mindset as yours..do not forget I'm Canadian too and I lived in Canada....not everyone is from downtown Vancouver...

You do not need to carry a firearm at home but definitely you can have a firearm (or more than one) ready to use in a drawer, under the bed, etc...

Quote:
You're a one trick pony Saturno with no grasp of reading comprehension.
Again, The pot calling the kettle black....

Quote:
Only incredibly stupid people cannot understand the difference between a society that does not desire the conditions prevalent so as to justify acceptance of carrying of a weapon as prudent VERSUS one that not only does not find it abhorrent, but actually brags about the right to do so.
Smarty, it has nothing to do with society and societal norms...it has everything to do with the individual...talking about reading comprehension issues.

Quote:
Only stupid people would refuse to accept the explanation of it being characteristic of a society having a higher degree of respect for the rule of law and order than that of another.
Ohh now you are flying high...so Canada has a general higher respect than the US for the rule of law because it does not allow citizens to legally carry firearms?? I see....

Quote:
Only stupid people would propose that the one nation, regardless if not stipulated in a document whose preamble states "all men are created equal" written by slave owners, is less free due to not having the right to carry a firearm upon their very person written into their defining document, regardless if they are still allowed to own firearms.
Never said Canada is "less free" than the United States...but the US is not less free than Canada, that is for sure as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2016, 09:54 PM

3,861 posts, read 3,236,248 times
Quote:
What kind of idiot would assume consent because their target is a member of the entertainment community?

Gawd, you're not only different but a hopeless waste of time.

"Almost choked by laughing"

I'm done with you....a dialogue is impossible because you hear and read what you want to hear...sometime you have to give up.

Old 11-13-2016, 10:11 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,366,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturno_v View Post
You ignore things when you do not know how to respond...so typical...

Ranting and your logorrhea overdrive aside, as far as I remember in Canada you are supposed to keep your guns locked and unloaded at home.

By the way there are a lot of Canadians that think gun legislation should be a bit more permissive (including carrying permit) in Canada...do not put everyone in the same mindset as yours..do not forget I'm Canadian too and I lived in Canada....not everyone is from downtown Vancouver...

You do not need to carry a firearm at home but definitely you can have a firearm (or more than one) ready to use in a drawer, under the bed, etc...

Again, The pot calling the kettle black....

Smarty, it has nothing to do with society and societal norms...it has everything to do with the individual...talking about reading comprehension issues.

Ohh now you are flying high...so Canada has a general higher respect than the US for the rule of law because it does not allow citizens to legally carry firearms?? I see....

Never said Canada is less free than the United States...but the US is not less free than Canada, that is for sure.
Every single one of your rebuttals have been already debunked numeruos times.

"logorreah overdrive" now that one I like.

She was attacked in her own home therefore carrying not an issue or even consideration. As that is the only issue I've been debating with you....Case closed.

"Plenty desire to", as in how many exactly? Enough to garner proposed legislation to allow carrying? Not anywhere but in your fantasy. Case closed.

Pot, kettle, whatever, yours still won't hold water..

It has everything to do with societal norms as to the type of society that would deem carrying of firearms as prudent, acceptable AND laudable.

Yep, Canada has a higher degree of respect for the rule of law. America's violent death rate, crime rate and incarceration rate say so.

Yeah; you did imply any number of times Canada is less free because our charter does not specify the right to bear arms. However you did qualify that by condescendingly suggesting the next time we might get it right.

In this context Saturno; "different" is not offered as an admirable feature.

Old 11-13-2016, 10:17 PM

295 posts, read 261,258 times
Quote:
I'm done with you....a dialogue is impossible because you hear and read what you want to hear...sometime you have to give up.
My advice - never argue with "liberals". They have profound sense of intellectual superiority and patronage. They know everything and they know everything better than anybody else.

Old 11-13-2016, 10:18 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,366,684 times
Quote:
Agreed!

Old 11-14-2016, 12:48 AM

93 posts, read 68,421 times
Our cross-border policies are not lax. They are strictly enforced.

Is it possible for an American in his early sixties to emigrate up there and go through the hoops and all or does that disqualify me right from the start?

"If you don't like it look at what is the alternative and then look really deep inside yourself."

I have and have seen that the alternative is better and safer, and would like to go up north over the border before the US becomes the dictatorship that it more or less always has been underneath its surface.

Old 11-14-2016, 02:23 AM

14,653 posts, read 14,749,287 times
Quote:

...... By the way there are a lot of Canadians that think gun legislation should be a bit more permissive (including carrying permit) in Canada...do not put everyone in the same mindset as yours..do not forget I'm Canadian too and I lived in Canada....not everyone is from downtown Vancouver...

Maybe you can clarify something for me, lest I be mistaken, and since I don't want to have to go looking for your earlier posts.

I'm pretty sure you have posted on more than one occasion in the past that you immigrated as an adult to Canada from Europe and then discovered that you thoroughly disliked Canada so you moved to USA. In other words, you're a recent European immigrant who simply used Canada as a stepping stone to get yourself into USA. You've also said that you don't like USA either now and would like to move back home to Europe again if you could. Italy, wasn't it? Can Italians carry firearms?

If that's true then I want to point out that having lived in Canada for a very short while as a new and unappreciative immigrant doesn't necessarily make you a Canadian in the truest sense of being a Canadian. It certainly wouldn't give you insight and understanding into the mindset of true Canadians who were born, raised and educated and lived all their lives in Canada. It wouldn't even give you insight into the mindset of immigrants to Canada who love and truly appreciate Canada and have adapted to Canadian life and society over the course of residing in Canada for many years.

I don't think you're in any position to say what the Canadian mindset is or what "a lot of Canadians" think or to try to pass yourself off as an authority on what would be best for Canadian society. You don't know what it is. You haven't lived it.

Old 11-14-2016, 03:38 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,635,070 times
Quote:
What kind of idiot would assume consent because their target is a member of the entertainment community?

Gawd, you're not only different but a hopeless waste of time.

"Almost choked by laughing"
ok, you act as if you know all the facts.

Based on what facts do you know trump groped those women against their will?

Just so you know, it is for the plantiff to prove guilty of the defendent. So far, I don't see the proof.

you firmly believe it happened because

1- it is Trump, someone you hate. of course he is capable of doing it
2- multiple women, and women are supposed to be the weak gender we should protect

yet you disregard the fact the issue of
1- why didn't these women call it out when it happened? don't tell me they are "scared".
2- several women are already proved to have lied
3 - how come they came out one after another at the same time, who asked to? what might they get in return?

In all this, you disregard the fact that trump's personality or likeablity is completely irrelevant, neither are the number of the accusers. what matters is the EVIDENCE they are able to bring. If women can throw random molest accusation against men without any evidence, then the system essentially encourages slandering and smearing because they don't have any consequences anyway. It is stupid to assume "those poor women wouldn't brought it up if it hadn't happened" - this doesn't work. I have nothing against women, but men and women are equal and you can' just accuse someone of wrongdoing without any proof. Just saying something happened 20 years ago expecting people to take their word for it, that's just irresponsible.

Old 11-14-2016, 06:49 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,011,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
and you can' just accuse someone of wrongdoing without any proof. Just saying something happened 20 years ago expecting people to take their word for it, that's just irresponsible.
Isnt that what Trump based his whole campaign on? the unrelenting character assassination of Hillary Clinton, calling her crooked,corrupt and deserving jail time when she has been charged and convicted of no crime.

Old 11-14-2016, 07:51 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,635,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Isnt that what Trump based his whole campaign on? the unrelenting character assassination of Hillary Clinton, calling her crooked,corrupt and deserving jail time when she has been charged and convicted of no crime.
that seems to go both ways. How many times Trump was called a moron or even a fascist?

So you don't think Hilary Clinton is crooked and corrupt? You don't think she is warmongering? you don't think Wall St is her best friend?

Both candidates are bad. It just annoys me that pretend Clinton is far better than Trump. Even the popular votes show otherwise. American people are not so dumb after all.

The difference between the two is, Trump wants to do something (whether it is practical is another matter). Clinton knows and shows that she is not going to change a thing. All she wants is the presidency, to be the first female president, she thinks she deserves it, even entitled to it. I don't think the president should be someone who is as jaded as she is.

If it were Bernie Sanders, I am all supportive. Unfortunately the entire system wants to boost Hilary Clinton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada