U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2016, 04:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,122 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me what the humid areas are in BC? I know the coast is humid of course but I don't want to live near the ocean so is there anywhere inland that is humid as well? I was interested in Terrace but they had a pulp mill and there is new industrial developments in the future I am afraid of. I also don't want to be around any pulp mills past or present. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2016, 07:02 PM

7,213 posts, read 6,570,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflowerseeds71 View Post
Can anyone tell me what the humid areas are in BC? I know the coast is humid of course but I don't want to live near the ocean so is there anywhere inland that is humid as well? I was interested in Terrace but they had a pulp mill and there is new industrial developments in the future I am afraid of. I also don't want to be around any pulp mills past or present. Any suggestions?
Uummm ...... BC gets tons and tons of precipitation in certain places but it can't actually be considered a humid place, not even along the coast and rainforest areas except on rare occasions. It sometimes gets drippy dampness dripping down from rainforest crowns, that dampness is produced directly from rainforest foliage in places along the coast. But there's not much humidity in the air because the ocean's winds sweep humidity up and away over top of the coastal mountains and up into the atmosphere. In most of the interior locations it gets a lot less rain and more snow than on the coast and very little humidity if any at all, it's a much drier climate.

The following website has some pretty good information about all of BC's many climate zones. You can look it over but you won't find many areas that would be subject to a lot of humidity. Precipitation, yes, there's plenty of that in many places.

You could do some online research about BC microclimates for more detailed information.

If you want lots of humidity you'd be better off looking at locations in Ontario and Quebec. Now THAT is real humidity that they get.

Climate & Weather | British Columbia | Destination BC - Official Site

Old 11-12-2016, 05:23 PM
BMI

7,262 posts, read 4,492,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflowerseeds71 View Post
You want low humidity?

Interior BC has many dry locations.

In fact the driest places in Canada are located in BC, caused by a severe rainshadow
just east of the Coast Mountains.

Ash-croft, BC is the driest....desert dry....less than 200 mm (or about 7 inches).

If you need a bigger place.....Kamloops is your ticket, dry with a long hot summer,
by Canadian standards
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or