U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2016, 01:27 PM

18,327 posts, read 10,398,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
Yet you originally brought it up with the links you showed so I merely pointed out Canada works all of the countries mentioned as well and you won't acknowledge it because it invalidates your point.
Naah, it doesn't, as the point being debated is one of Canada being declared acceptant of tyranny because of comments made by it's Prime Minister by predominantly those who have shown more than a tendency to not only accept dictators, but actually enable or indeed, even install them.

Maintaining diplomatic relations with countries in no way compares to actually defeating democracies to install despots.

Canada cannot be claimed by anyone to have done any of that.

Not even a point on the board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2016, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradjl2009 View Post
Saying that destroys the false moral superiority of some.
Again with the irony.

Who was it that brought "moral superiority" to the table in the first place?

Have you even read this thread from it's first post or am I just spinning my wheels with you?

Old 11-29-2016, 01:52 PM

2,566 posts, read 2,184,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Bet he admires Mao Tzedong also.
A lot of people still admire Mao. Like 1.2 billion Chinese. Nothing new. Move along.

Old 11-29-2016, 02:49 PM

5,981 posts, read 2,300,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Get over it, people. Canada has been trading with, and allowing tourism to, Cuba for decades. Trudeau was just being diplomatic. It's what heads of state do.

No he should have said that he was glad that Castro was dead , that he hopes his brother dies real quick and that the people have a civil war to bring western style democracy to the country just like Iraq now has.

Also perhaps all those conservative leaders should have talked about how bad Pierre Trudeau was at his funeral instead of saying what was good?

End of sarcasm

If Harper had still been PM he would have said something that was neutral or slightly flattering I guess as the leader of the country but he is able to say more of what he thinks as a private citizen.

And Cuba leads most of the Americas in health care considering especially the lack of supplies and the people I did talk to in Havana seemed pretty well educated. At least they seemed more informed about Canada than many Americans I have run into are about the USA.

OP

If you did not like what Trudeau said I hope that you do not buy products made in China or use oil from the Middle East and remember that Reagan and the US opposed the boycott of Apartheid South Africa so perhaps look at your own house before you try to clean ours.

Old 11-29-2016, 03:29 PM

11,762 posts, read 8,321,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonkid123 View Post
Simply put, Prime Minister Trudeau is the Prime Minister of Canada, not the United States. He does not have to abide by what America or Americans think is appropriate for him to say or not say because he is not accountable to American voters.
Did I say he was?

Quote:
Instead of hounding PM Trudeau for his eulogy statement, perhaps it's time for us Americans to scrutinize what our very own President-elect Trump says on a daily basis at 3 am every morning on Twitter, which we can all agree are far more inflammatory, insensitive, and almost universally regarded as a farce, a clown, a parvenu by the rest of the world who will soon become the head of state of the most powerful country on earth.
Can't we do both?

Old 11-29-2016, 03:35 PM

11,762 posts, read 8,321,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Aaaw gee, where's my hanky?

Wait a bit while I google private stories of those who lost whole families to any of these guys with their common denominator being support by the U.S. :

35 Countries Where the U.S. Has Supported Fascists, Drug Lords and Terrorists | Alternet

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._United_States

Attempting to play the faux outrage over what one dictator has done compared to dictators of the type your Country and President has actually been photographed kissing on the freak'n lips after proven to have been complicit in your twin towers coming down is just so stupid as to put you into a category no one will take seriously.

I've read many scathing retorts on here about Canada's continued affiliation to a Royal family but have yet to see a Canadian Prime Minister Lip-Lock one of them.

Canada has yet to attempt to openly justify the torture of enemy combatants who have been illegally renditioned to places like Abu-Ghraib https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Gh...prisoner_abuse not to mention one end of Cuba you seem to not mind occupying by paying rent to Castro.

You've put at least three morally compromised putz's in the highest office over the last few decades and have no room whatsoever to display your phony moral superiority towards Canada in any area, much less Trudeau's error in judgement.

Clean up your own leaders behaviour and YOUR backyard before presuming to glare over the fence into your neighbours yard and decrying his choice of BBQ attendees.
I pass. You're PM acted like a d-bag.

Old 11-29-2016, 05:00 PM

1,504 posts, read 632,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_wanderer View Post
It is not me - it is Trudeau who pushes Canadian moral superiority (did you listen to his speech at UN general assembly), a couple of days ago he traveled to Africa to promote gender equality and LBGT issues.
Cultures all different all over the world. It really is not up to him and his la la la Messiah complex to save the world in one fail swoop...all these thing he is attempting to promote are first world issues.. What about the natives being poisoned by mercury in the north? He is more interested in becoming some sort of historic figure than actually doing real work

Old 11-29-2016, 05:03 PM

2,567 posts, read 1,340,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Naah, it doesn't, as the point being debated is one of Canada being declared acceptant of tyranny because of comments made by it's Prime Minister by predominantly those who have shown more than a tendency to not only accept dictators, but actually enable or indeed, even install them.

Maintaining diplomatic relations with countries in no way compares to actually defeating democracies to install despots.

Canada cannot be claimed by anyone to have done any of that.

Not even a point on the board.
Very simplistic view. If there is a disturbance in town, who are you going to call? A guy with a chihuahua or a guy with a pit bull?

Old 11-29-2016, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Cultures all different all over the world. It really is not up to him and his la la la Messiah complex to save the world in one fail swoop...all these thing he is attempting to promote are first world issues.. What about the natives being poisoned by mercury in the north? He is more interested in becoming some sort of historic figure than actually doing real work
That sure makes him unique among world leaders, eh?

Old 11-29-2016, 05:21 PM

2,567 posts, read 1,340,053 times
Anti-Americanism in Canada J.J.'s Complete Guide to Canada
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada