U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2016, 08:19 PM

18,267 posts, read 10,368,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
The Middle East thingy started in the year 622. If you just have to blame somebody in the west to sleep at night and think I'm just being an anti-Muslim racist, you might want to read the Sykes-Picot Agreement. Some piece of work by our friends across the Pond.

The US is just trying to clean up somebody else's mess. Just like Vietnam.
Horse feathers! Britain started the fire but the U.S. willingly jumped in with more kerosene, "just like Vietnam".

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...3-iranian-coup

Iran's Feared SAVAK: Norman Schwarzkopf

"Mossadegh's “crime” had been to support the nationalization of Iran's key oil industry -- a grave affront to British oil companies. The 1953 coup not only ended Iran's attempt to control its own hugely lucrative petroleum sector, but likely also killed any chances for Iran developing into a democratic society.

Schwarzkopf Sr. played a major role in this forcible “regime change.”

Under a CIA operation called “Operation Ajax,” Schwarzkopf Sr. had been sent to Iran to encourage the Shah to return to power and, most crucially, helped him in the quest by forming and training security forces that would be loyal to the Shah. These security agents would eventually metamorphose into the dreaded and feared SAVAK secret police, one of the most brutal foundations of the Shah’s power."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2016, 08:20 PM

293 posts, read 161,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
And why did that regime come about again? Think...this isn't really all that difficult.

America and Great Britain were pizzed at the intelligent, popular and moderate guy that was democratically elected as their leader making moves to nationalize their oil industry.

Shell and BP were absolutely mortified because they had been raping and pillaging in Iran for decades taking liberties with Iran's oil profits, sooooooo the CIA saw to it he had to go.......then the Iranians had to endure decades of rule by a despotic tyrant and his dreaded Savak secret police who were eliminating all political dissidents using training they received by guess who.....the CIA!

Do you still wonder why they grabbed at the opportunity to foment a student rebellion and depose that cretin? Who was it stated nature abhors a vacuum? Had you not created one, there would not have been one to fill with worse that ultimately resulted in another being filled with "worser".
I repeat - the Ayatollah regime is much much worser. If you can't see it / don't want to see this - well, up to you... However don't blame others if one day you or your relatives will become a victim of a terror attack.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:24 PM

12,685 posts, read 8,747,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_wanderer View Post
I repeat - the Ayatollah regime is much much worser. If you can't see it / don't want to see this - well, up to you... However don't blame others if one day you or your relatives will become a victim of a terror attack.
Oh BruSan, he repeated the word! He really doesn't know.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Oh BruSan, he repeated the word! He really doesn't know.
Yes, I know nothing, my enlightened friend

Old 11-28-2016, 08:41 PM

2,567 posts, read 1,335,572 times
Quote:
Horse feathers! Britain started the fire but the U.S. willingly jumped in with more kerosene, "just like Vietnam".

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...3-iranian-coup

Iran's Feared SAVAK: Norman Schwarzkopf

"Mossadegh's “crime” had been to support the nationalization of Iran's key oil industry -- a grave affront to British oil companies. The 1953 coup not only ended Iran's attempt to control its own hugely lucrative petroleum sector, but likely also killed any chances for Iran developing into a democratic society.

Schwarzkopf Sr. played a major role in this forcible “regime change.”

Under a CIA operation called “Operation Ajax,” Schwarzkopf Sr. had been sent to Iran to encourage the Shah to return to power and, most crucially, helped him in the quest by forming and training security forces that would be loyal to the Shah. These security agents would eventually metamorphose into the dreaded and feared SAVAK secret police, one of the most brutal foundations of the Shah’s power."
You should have been more specific than the "Middle East thingy" if you wanted to discuss Iran specifically. The ME has had many "thingies". Iran was not one of our more stellar moments, but we are loyal to our friends. Sometimes to a fault. Britain sucked us into something we really should not have gotten involved with and did not want anything to do with initially.

That out of the way, nationalizing other people's stuff rarely ends well. It didn't work out so great for Mossadeg either.

Old 11-28-2016, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Oh brother! Are you for real?

Point one: The Ayatollah regime would not have been a gleam in anyone's eye had you not deposed the democratically elected leader of Iran over OIL and subjected Iranians to decades of brutal leadership by your puppet Shah! If you cannot see this or .......... blah blah.

Cripes it ain't rocket science following the bread crumbs from U.S. screwing that country up and then having their azzes kicked out!

Point two: You have some gall pal.........Canada had a terror attack killing multiple Canadians with the downing of flight 182 or were you too busy playing Nintendo that day to notice.

Canada has endured many of what are now referred to as terror attacks. Sorry to disabuse you of your innate desire to claim "firsties".:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_Canada

Old 11-28-2016, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Oh brother! Are you for real?

Point one: The Ayatollah regime would not have been a gleam in anyone's eye had you not deposed the democratically elected leader of Iran over OIL and subjected Iranians to decades of brutal leadership by your puppet Shah! If you cannot see this or .......... blah blah.

Cripes it ain't rocket science following the bread crumbs from U.S. screwing that country up and then having their azzes kicked out!

Point two: You have some gall pal.........Canada had a terror attack killing multiple Canadians with the downing of flight 182 or were you too busy playing Nintendo that day to notice.

Canada has endured many of what are now referred to as terror attacks. Sorry to disabuse you of your innate desire to claim "firsties".:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_Canada
I am sorry, but you probably mistaken me with somebody else I was born in Soviet Union, lived in Israel for many years and now I live in Canada... And I have never played Nintendo in my life - is it fun?

Old 11-28-2016, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Return2FL View Post
You should have been more specific than the "Middle East thingy" if you wanted to discuss Iran specifically. The ME has had many "thingies". Iran was not one of our more stellar moments, but we are loyal to our friends. Sometimes to a fault. Britain sucked us into something we really should not have gotten involved with and did not want anything to do with initially.

That out of the way, nationalizing other people's stuff rarely ends well. It didn't work out so great for Mossadeg either.
My goodness all that altruism just being taken for granted by everyone without the poor misunderstood U.S. being responsible in any way......

The current massive unrest in the middle east could very credibly be hypothesized to have it's genesis in that defining moment of Mossadegh being deposed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad_Mosaddegh

Had the U.S. not gotten involved negatively, think what a beacon of democracy might have done in that region as a model for others to follow. You know; that tenet the U.S. holds up as their modus-operendi in so many other failed incursions?

Back on topic.......Trudeau can foolishly laud the merits of twenty more despotic leaders before coming close to matching America's stature of history in that regard.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:00 PM

Quote:
I am sorry, but you probably mistaken me with somebody else I was born in Soviet Union, lived in Israel for many years and now I live in Canada... And I have never played Nintendo in my life - is it fun?
Somewhere in there were you going to address my point of talking through your hat vis-à-vis Canada yet to experience a terrorist attack?

I don't give a rat's patoot where you're from. Speaking as though we have yet to experience a terror attack means you don't know chit from shinola when it comes to Canada's history.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:00 PM

14,790 posts, read 14,044,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
Perfectly put. I am not pleased with some of his praise. I too at first gave him slack because of his father's relationship, but then wondered how the heck did his speech pass unchanged by his advisors?
Agree, he should probably should have paused and thought how these comments might be received.. Although, surely the over reaction has run its course now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Does a PM need a babysitter?
At least he's not making a goose of himself via twitter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada